Leeds Game moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Sunday 4:30pm

http://www.football-league.co.uk/la...-tv-games-of-201314-announced_2293301_3214046

The first televised matches of the 2013/14 season have been revealed and three of the six special anniversary fixtures have been selected by Sky Sports for live coverage on the opening weekend.

First up, Sheffield United and Notts County will get the new campaign under way at Bramall Lane at 7.45pm on Friday 2nd August. The game will see the world's oldest Football League club visit the world's oldest professional football ground with the hosts, Sheffield United, under the watchful eye of one The League's newest managers, David Weir.

At lunchtime on Saturday 3rd August, Burnley and Bolton Wanderers will meet each other for a 12.45pm kick-off. The game at Turf Moor, one of only three grounds that were used in 1888/89 season that are still in use today, will see two of The Football League's founder members start campaigns that they hope will be an improvement on their respective 11th and seventh placed finishes last season.

On Sunday at 4pm it is then the turn of fellow Football League founders Derby County to welcome Blackburn Rovers to Pride Park for their opening Championship fixture.

If three days of consecutive League football isn't enough for you after the summer break, then fear not because on Monday and Tuesday night attentions will turn to the Capital One Cup.

Getting the 2013/14 competition started will be Preston North End, the undefeated League champions of the inaugural season in 1888/89, and Blackpool.

The Tangerines went out at the first hurdle last season after losing at home to Morecambe so they will be keen to progress further in another opening-round Lancashire derby. Preston knocked out fellow Championship sides Huddersfield Town and Crystal Palace last term, before bowing out to Middlesbrough in the third round.

It is then the turn of Morecambe themselves to appear in front of the cameras on Tuesday night. They host Wolverhampton Wanderers at Christie Park for a 7.45pm kick-off.

After a few nights break, the Sky cameras will be broadcasting their first League 2 fixture of the new campaign when Portsmouth, back at that level for the first time since 1980, make the long trip to Accrington Stanley for a 12.15pm kick-off on Saturday 10th August.

Championship Play-Off semi-finalists Leicester City provide the venue on Sunday for their 4.30pm match against Leeds United. The Whites finished last season in 13th spot, seven points and six places behind their opponents and this match against the Foxes will provide a good early marker for Brian McDermott's side.

These matches will mark the start of Sky Sports biggest ever season of live football with coverage, featuring all eight founding clubs still in The League.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports said: "The new season kicks off here on Sky Sports with a feast of live football for our viewers. Seven live matches in 10 days is the perfect start for our biggest ever season of football.

"We're honoured to be part of the celebrations for The Football League's 125th anniversary. We also can't wait to see if anyone can emulate Bradford's stunning achievements in last season's Capital One Cup too.

"With fixtures from all three divisions and some intriguing cup ties, these opening live matches again show why football on Sky Sports has never been stronger."

For the full list of televised games please click here

Last edited:
Strange kick off time for sky. Usually a prem match on at 4pm

100% of our home games played will have been moved date on the Sunday evening, shocking stuff.

I made a conscious decision not to get wound up by the club/sky/players/manager etc after the last few months. "It's not worth it, there are more important things in life" and so on. I said to myself, "just renew your season ticket and get off that nice Mr Pearson's back. It's not his fault he doesn't have a clue. Just sit in the kop tutting and being inwardly smug as the inevitable develops. Eventually things will change for the better and it's not like I'm at death's door quite yet".

Fast forward a few short weeks and I've already resorted to a rant about the old farts moving into the boardroom and now our first Saturday 3pm game in almost six months is shifted to the Mrs's birthday when I'm stuck in fecking Sheffield. Grrr.

If we sign some useless lump or sell off one of the few genuinely capable players in the squad anytime soon, I may need to be barred.

I made a conscious decision not to get wound up by the club/sky/players/manager etc after the last few months. "It's not worth it, there are more important things in life" and so on. I said to myself, "just renew your season ticket and get off that nice Mr Pearson's back. It's not his fault he doesn't have a clue. Just sit in the kop tutting and being inwardly smug as the inevitable develops. Eventually things will change for the better and it's not like I'm at death's door quite yet".

Fast forward a few short weeks and I've already resorted to a rant about the old farts moving into the boardroom and now our first Saturday 3pm game in almost six months is shifted to the Mrs's birthday when I'm stuck in fecking Sheffield. Grrr.

If we sign some useless lump or sell off one of the few genuinely capable players in the squad anytime soon, I may need to be barred.
Never mind. Join the Prediction League, you might get some pleasure out of the season.

:081:

After a few nights break, the Sky cameras will be broadcasting their first League 2 fixture of the new campaign when Portsmouth, back at that level for the first time since 1980, make the long trip to Accrington Stanley for a 12.15pm kick-off on Saturday 10th August.

This from Sky's own words shows what it is now in Football for all concerned and for the fans of the individual Clubs that have to not only work their way around the usual obstacles but also timings that suit nobody except the lazy arseholes that sit in front of the TV wanting to see some "Footy on the telly".

1) As many games on Sky as possible is the Sky motto- they make a comment about there being a few days break. Will they put it on too much I wonder . Will we ever get saturated with football.
2) 12-15 Saturday lunchtime kick off for Pompey fans to get to Accrington from the South Coast. It's beyond a joke for the poor Pompey fans that want to go to the game. I'm sure being the first time at that level and probably not been to Accrington before quite a few Pompey fans would have made the trip.

The Leeds game the first of many this season I can see that. Sky seem to like us and our Bosses like Sky and the money it brings so having hardly had a Saturday 3pm kick-off since Christmas, we better get used to it.

Last edited:
This from Sky's own words shows what it is now in Football for all concerned and for the fans of the individual Clubs that have to not only work their way around the usual obstacles but also timings that suit nobody except the lazy arseholes that sit in front of the TV wanting to see some "Footy on the telly".

1) As many games on Sky as possible is the Sky motto- they make a comment about there being a few days break. Will they put it on too much I wonder . Will we ever get saturated with football.
2) 12-15 Saturday lunchtime kick off for Pompey fans to get to Accrington from the South Coast. It's beyond a joke for the poor Pompey fans that want to go to the game. I'm sure being the first time at that level and probably not been to Accrington before quite a few Pompey fans would have made the trip.

The Leeds game the first of many this season I can see that. Sky seem to like us and our Bosses like Sky and the money it brings so having hardly had a Saturday 3pm kick-off since Christmas, we better get used to it.

I reached saturation point last season at some point. Normally I am fighting the missus for permission to watch the matches on Sky, even if I don't really care about the teams. Last season, outside of City games, I think I counted that I watched 4, maybe 5, matches all season.

Anyone who renewed a season ticket after last year cannot possibly complain?

You knew what you were getting into, anyone who doesn't expect games to be moves en mass like last season was lying to themselves when they handed over the cash.

We are Sky's bitches in this league, our lovely owners love it, welcome to the norm chaps.

" TV-PROOF VALUE: If six or more home league games are moved for live television broadcast, Season Ticket Holders can claim a refund to the seasonal pro rata value of one fixture."

and counting......ONE

" TV-PROOF VALUE: If six or more home league games are moved for live television broadcast, Season Ticket Holders can claim a refund to the seasonal pro rata value of one fixture."

and counting......ONE

Then obviously we'll be on 5 times.Stands to reason.

Motown Fox is spot on.Just a symptom of the way the game has been taken away from the people who used to live & breathe it & given over to a casual TV audience as part of the Overall Entertainment Package (TM)

The mainstream creates NOTHING of any cultural worth itself.What it does is co-opt things from subcultures & fringe activities,take away all the parts that their initial creators & supporters enjoyed about it in the first place & create a pallid,bloodless,saleable & respectable version for the casual,emotionally disengaged prick known as Joe Public.

I've watched them do it to football.Sit down.Shut Up.No Swearing.No Smoking (even though you're outdoors) We've got Hi Viz jackets & we're WATCHING YOU sunshine.That'll be 30 quid. Ta very much.

I've watched them do it to music.Rock & Roll becomes stadium rock,Punk becomes Green Day,heartfelt Soul becomes cocktail bar background music,Reggae becomes a Red,Gold & Green
wristband worn by accountants at Glastonbury (sponsored by Coca ****ing Cola) & the whole thing becomes shitting Karaoke to drain your brain to on a Saturday night.
Do you like this band? Are they successful? Do you want to go & see them? Yes? Do you live in London,Birmingham or Manchester? No? Well **** you then.That'll be another 35 quid.Ta very much.
Plus train/petrol,plus hotel,plus watered down piss at a fiver a pint & the house lights came up 15 seconds ago so finish that drink & piss off home or me & my mates in Hi Viz jackets (& an earpiece so we can pretend we're in the CIA) will throw you down the stairs.

This Is The Modern World.

You can ****ing keep it.

Last edited:
Then obviously we'll be on 5 times.Stands to reason.

Motown Fox is spot on.Just a symptom of the way the game has been taken away from the people who used to live & breathe it & given over to a casual TV audience as part of the Overall Entertainment Package (TM)

The mainstream creates NOTHING of any cultural worth itself.What it does is co-opt things from subcultures & fringe activities,take away all the parts that their initial creators & supporters enjoyed about it in the first place & create a pallid,bloodless,saleable & respectable version for the casual,emotionally disengaged prick known as Joe Public.

I've watched them do it to football.Sit down.Shut Up.No Swearing.No Smoking (even though you're outdoors) We've got Hi Viz jackets & we're WATCHING YOU sunshine.That'll be 30 quid. Ta very much.

I've watched them do it to music.Rock & Roll becomes stadium rock,Punk becomes Green Day,heartfelt Soul becomes cocktail bar background music,Reggae becomes a Red,Gold & Green
wristband worn by accountants at Glastonbury (sponsored by Coca ****ing Cola) & the whole thing becomes shitting Karaoke to drain your brain to on a Saturday night.
Do you like this band? Are they successful? Do you want to go & see them? Yes? Do you live in London,Birmingham or Manchester? No? Well **** you then.That'll be another 35 quid.Ta very much.
Plus train/petrol,plus hotel,plus watered down piss at a fiver a pint & the house lights came up 15 seconds ago so finish that drink & piss off home or me & my mates in Hi Viz jackets (& an earpiece so we can pretend we're in the CIA) will throw you down the stairs.

This Is The Modern World.

You can ****ing keep it.

:038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573