Leeds Game moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then obviously we'll be on 5 times.Stands to reason.

Motown Fox is spot on.Just a symptom of the way the game has been taken away from the people who used to live & breathe it & given over to a casual TV audience as part of the Overall Entertainment Package (TM)

The mainstream creates NOTHING of any cultural worth itself.What it does is co-opt things from subcultures & fringe activities,take away all the parts that their initial creators & supporters enjoyed about it in the first place & create a pallid,bloodless,saleable & respectable version for the casual,emotionally disengaged prick known as Joe Public.

I've watched them do it to football.Sit down.Shut Up.No Swearing.No Smoking (even though you're outdoors) We've got Hi Viz jackets & we're WATCHING YOU sunshine.That'll be 30 quid. Ta very much.

I've watched them do it to music.Rock & Roll becomes stadium rock,Punk becomes Green Day,heartfelt Soul becomes cocktail bar background music,Reggae becomes a Red,Gold & Green
wristband worn by accountants at Glastonbury (sponsored by Coca ****ing Cola) & the whole thing becomes shitting Karaoke to drain your brain to on a Saturday night.
Do you like this band? Are they successful? Do you want to go & see them? Yes? Do you live in London,Birmingham or Manchester? No? Well **** you then.That'll be another 35 quid.Ta very much.
Plus train/petrol,plus hotel,plus watered down piss at a fiver a pint & the house lights came up 15 seconds ago so finish that drink & piss off home or me & my mates in Hi Viz jackets (& an earpiece so we can pretend we're in the CIA) will throw you down the stairs.

This Is The Modern World.

You can ****ing keep it.

Very good :006:

1) As many games on Sky as possible is the Sky motto- they make a comment about there being a few days break. Will they put it on too much I wonder . Will we ever get saturated with football.

It's no surprise it's virtually a game a day in the first week. There's no Premier League. They'll try to fit as many FL games as they can before the 17th. Look at our fixture, normally it's Sunday at 4 but instead it's 4.30 pm because of the Charity Shield.

Makes me ROLF to think my ma's upbeat comment about getting relegated to the championship back in the day was "at least there'll be more Saturday 3pm games in this league". Not that many these days really, folk will continue to renew so I'll just sit back with the pounds not spent laughing at the bitching about Sky.

Then obviously we'll be on 5 times.Stands to reason.

Motown Fox is spot on.Just a symptom of the way the game has been taken away from the people who used to live & breathe it & given over to a casual TV audience as part of the Overall Entertainment Package (TM)

The mainstream creates NOTHING of any cultural worth itself.What it does is co-opt things from subcultures & fringe activities,take away all the parts that their initial creators & supporters enjoyed about it in the first place & create a pallid,bloodless,saleable & respectable version for the casual,emotionally disengaged prick known as Joe Public.

I've watched them do it to football.Sit down.Shut Up.No Swearing.No Smoking (even though you're outdoors) We've got Hi Viz jackets & we're WATCHING YOU sunshine.That'll be 30 quid. Ta very much.

I've watched them do it to music.Rock & Roll becomes stadium rock,Punk becomes Green Day,heartfelt Soul becomes cocktail bar background music,Reggae becomes a Red,Gold & Green
wristband worn by accountants at Glastonbury (sponsored by Coca ****ing Cola) & the whole thing becomes shitting Karaoke to drain your brain to on a Saturday night.
Do you like this band? Are they successful? Do you want to go & see them? Yes? Do you live in London,Birmingham or Manchester? No? Well **** you then.That'll be another 35 quid.Ta very much.
Plus train/petrol,plus hotel,plus watered down piss at a fiver a pint & the house lights came up 15 seconds ago so finish that drink & piss off home or me & my mates in Hi Viz jackets (& an earpiece so we can pretend we're in the CIA) will throw you down the stairs.

This Is The Modern World.

You can ****ing keep it.

That was a haiku, almost.

That was a haiku, almost.

It was a late night rant initiated by Bushmills.Seems to have been appreciated by some though so I'm glad I bothered.Maybe I should attempt to do creative things whilst pissed more often? Even if it doesn't work out I'll have enjoyed the drink.A no lose scenario.

It seems to work for Macky :icon_wink

Macky has always struck me as one of those one-off individuals that straddles the nutter/genius line.I'm not sure I could operate at that level.But as i say,if I fail I'll still have had a drink so it's worth a go.

so once again those of us with season tickets have had it done across us once again ,its a bloody disgrace.

so once again those of us with season tickets have had it done across us once again ,its a bloody disgrace.

No, it's modern day professional football. All part and parcel of the entertainment industry.

If you didn't expect it then you are a fool; if you don't like it then it's easy enough not to get a season ticket.

But still not the OS :icon_roll

They're saving the bandwidth for the inevitable rush to see pictures of the latest pitch update.

Hang on a minute...they haven't told us about the state of the pitch. Don't they know which month this is?

Away you go BM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670