Left Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

Still a problem?

By all accounts and from what I saw against Notts County Chambers is not anywhere near as comfortable on the left as he is on the right.

N'gotty, Stearman and Chambers all ok at right back but the left continues to let us down.

Any thoughts?

Serious question though. Can't see Sheehan stepping up. Have never seen Ryan Beswick play. Maybe one of the three new signings needs to be a LB? :102:

If Mattock is unavailable for the start of the season (on International duty but i believe were trying to withdraw him) then a new left back is certainly a priority, if he is withdrawn then he will play and Sheehan as back -up

Left back is definitely high priority before the new season. A loan player would be good. Any ideas?

If Mattock is unavailable for the start of the season (on International duty but i believe were trying to withdraw him) then a new left back is certainly a priority, if he is withdrawn then he will play and Sheehan as back -up

Plus he may well be needed on the left of midfield where we are similarly bare.

Mattock will be first-choice left back I would suspect- although I'd be worried about burnout, with Sheehan as back up. Chambers seems to be a decent right-back but not at left-back so I'd be iffy about using him there. Am a lot more worried about left-wing right now- Hayes and Porter don't fill me with a lot of confidence- so I definitely think we could do with a signing in this position.

Mattock will be first-choice left back I would suspect- although I'd be worried about burnout, with Sheehan as back up. Chambers seems to be a decent right-back but not at left-back so I'd be iffy about using him there. Am a lot more worried about left-wing right now- Hayes and Porter don't fill me with a lot of confidence- so I definitely think we could do with a signing in this position.

Hopefully get after Brunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570