Leicester 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
A matter of such triviality that I hesitate to bring it up. Under Pearson when substitutes warmed up they ran toward the Kop. Under Sousa they run away from the Kop. This is clearly policy since at the Macclesfield game one or two started to run toward the Kop and Sousa stopped them.
As someone who routinely ignores the profound in favour of trifles I wonder why.

The groove they cut stopped Robbie launching his long throws properly.

I am amazed you did not see a difference...For large parts of last season the ball was hoofed up field.

If you cannot see what he is trying to do then you must be blind...i think something is good is happening at the club..but negative fans like you makes me wonder if he can ever achieve his goal.

It appears to me you want the guy to fail...before he has even been given a chance.

:102: Well done, got me down to a tee.

I wasn't being pedantic. I was pointing out that the many ! he used made him sound very excited. My final ! wasn't some kind of correction and wasn't influenced by grammatical standards.

Yes, of course. It's completely obvious that that's exactly what you meant. How could anybody be in any doubt about it?

A matter of such triviality that I hesitate to bring it up. Under Pearson when substitutes warmed up they ran toward the Kop. Under Sousa they run away from the Kop. This is clearly policy since at the Macclesfield game one or two started to run toward the Kop and Sousa stopped them.
As someone who routinely ignores the profound in favour of trifles I wonder why.

Glad I'm not the only sad bastard who noticed this

And here, wish I hadn't bothered mentioning it tohugh cos me and Nick had to put up with Ben going on for the next 10 minutes about it being cos they couldn't warm up near the lino.....and even when I said that's a load of crap cos they do that in loads of games he insisted I was wrong.

In the end Nick had to tell him to shut up about it!

As for the match, I was encouraged by the performance, after hearing about the defensive shambles last weekend I was a little concerned but yesterday for the most part they looked comfortable, and Hobbs looked and played years older than he is imo, so much sureness about when to put his foot in and win the tackle.

Thought Moreno looked a little shaky to start with, but grew more confident as the game went on, Neilson had a decent game and got forwards lots, Bruno had a quiet game but still put his foot in when he needed to.

Seeing as I'm biased I'll start with my man first in midfield:icon_razz Though Oakley looked a look better than he did last season, and his captains notes in the programme were interesting with his slight dig at Pearson for playing him out wide:icon_lol: He put in several very good tackles when needed and even though some of his long passes were a bit naff, I think he helped give the defence good preoctection when needed.
Wellens looked busy and got himself stuck in, think his yellow card was harsh considering what the Boro players were allowed to get away with.
King looked sure of himself and linked up well with DJ on several occasions- and being in line with the move when he had his goal disallowed I thought the lino was wrong at the time, seeing as he didnt seem able to keep up with play most of the time anyhoo!

Howard didnt get nowt from the ref, not having seen it on replay I couldn't say whether the ref was right not to give the penalty claim by Howard, but from the other end of the pitch almost it looked a definite spot kick......still the ref had a shit game anyhoo imo!

As for DJ.........plus points he looked enthusiastic and was trying to get behind the defence all the time, he linked up well with the others. Should've scored though! And I think at time, especially the first half he looekd a little greedy and held onto the ball too long when it might've been better to pass it.

I have to say though that seeing him in the side and hearing the utter morons behind me rave about him all game pissed me off.

Fair enough if he has got his attitude sorted and is willing to be part of the team. And if he scores the goals then good, he's only doing what he should've done for the last three seasons.
However, to have people chanting his name as if he is some sort of second coming rankles, I just want him to score the goals and then piss off when his contract ends. I don't want to see him kissing the badge when he scores or saying how much he loves it here when he spouted out all that bullshit when up at Blackpool first time round.

It really did annoy me to hear folks slagging off Neilson and my man for no good reason yesterday but go on and on about how brilliant DJ is......

And as for the handful of twats around us who BOOED at the final whistle...........well feck off you tossers.

One thing, on our way back to the car(we park at Land Rover cos my mate works there) we noticed that the old Filbo carpark wasnt letting cars out, people were arguing with the stewards about being held in and the cars were queuing up and by the time we had crossed the road they were blaring their horns in obvious frustration.

Someone said it's cos they aren't allowed to leave now til the walking fans have cleared out the way walking up towards the traffic lights at the bridge, but surely they cna just hve it so the cars can't turn left towards them and have to go out via the road Land Rover is on and turn left there? And if they aren't allowed to go then surely they should've been told this when they bought their car park season ticket? Some folks looked quite angry about being held back when they had clearly either left a few mins early or like us straight on the final whistle to get out and miss most of the traffic home.

One thing, on our way back to the car(we park at Land Rover cos my mate works there) we noticed that the old Filbo carpark wasnt letting cars out, people were arguing with the stewards about being held in and the cars were queuing up and by the time we had crossed the road they were blaring their horns in obvious frustration.

Was it different before? I've always been held back in the stadium and assumed it was the same for everyone.

A was one of the angry people stuck in the car park.

I actually parked in the new car park next to the official old Filbo car park. We have paid less than half the price of the official Filbo (which is £250 for the season) for the full season. I understand there has been a fair bit of friction between the owners and the council about the new car park (via friend and Dad who told me about the hassle that has been going on this week, I live in the West Midlands so haven't seen or heard of this, so please don't jump down my throat if this is not the case) which is down to a lack of planning permission apparently.

When we got back to the car after final whistle the queue of cars in front of ours was at a standstill - car horns and shouting were just starting to be heard. My mate got out and spoke to the steward who told him that the Police had informed him that no one could leave. By this time there were lots of car horns blaring from both car parks and group of pretty angry people trying to find out what was going on.

Cue the arrival of two police squad cars with all the drama of a SWAT team and further police on foot one of whom was carrying the obligatory video camera.

As usual in these types of situations the patronising attitude of the police just made the frustration worse and the we are not going to tell you why this is happening, just do what we say or else approach really helped.

One baseball cap wearing officer shouted " Turn your engines off cos your going nowhere" with all the drama of the biggest bust of his career. We decided to speak to the officers to try and find out what was going on and why we were being denied our right to leave a car park as well as how long was this going to go on for.

Having asked for information and unsurprisingly not being given any answers my mate was then warned he would be arrested if he spoke again because he was causing a breach of the peace - fantastic community policing.

We were eventually told that the car parks were and always were part of a special traffic plan and no one was to be allowed to drive on the roads around the ground or further away from the stadium. I did point out that many cars were in fact driving away from the roads around the car parks as could be clearly seen not ten yards behind the police - that didn't warrant any reply.

I also pointed out that we had parked at the official Filbert Street car park for many years and this had NEVER happened before - no reply

One officer did speak to me and suggest that "this was all down to Leicester City" but wouldn't say whether he meant the club or the Council both of whom have an axe to grind with the cheaper alternative car park and the council with the argument over planning permission.

A few of the Boro fans who were parked in the car park were pretty vociferous towards the police by this point and there were so many people now out of their cars that they eventually decided to let cars out - some half hour after the final whistle. The traffic was then very busy as all vehicles were hitting the same jammed roads at once.

No warning of this action was given to anyone either at the official Filbert Street car park or the new car park we were in, next to it (small pieces of paper with warnings that delays may happen had been stuck under a windscreen wiper during the match) and we now have the prospect of around 1000 vehicles either parking somewhere else or a repeat of the fracas at the next match .

The biggest issue for me was the fantastic attitude of the police service. Their ineptitude in dealing effectively with the public was a sad indictment of their poor service in a situation that did not need a heavy handed approach. All that was required was to actually give us a reasoned explanation of what was happening and also to answer questions such as "If you are not allowing me to leave now, how long will it be before I am going to be allowed to drive my vehicle away from here ?". No answer.

Will the police never realise that not all members of the public are looking to "riot" and parking in a car park is not a major threat to the public's safety.

The whole thing smacks of an agenda - I just hope someone will let us know what is going to happen in the future as I am not being put in the position of arriving home in Solihull an hour later that I should have .

P.S Still seething with the prat who threatened to arrest my mate for the crime of asking a question, t*at

As for DJ.........plus points he looked enthusiastic and was trying to get behind the defence all the time, he linked up well with the others. Should've scored though! And I think at time, especially the first half he looekd a little greedy and held onto the ball too long when it might've been better to pass it.

Holding on to the ball too long pissed a few people off, though Fryatt does exactly the same thing. I am hoping with the pass and move approach players will start looking for options to pass more often.

P.S Still seething with the prat who threatened to arrest my mate for the crime of asking a question, t*at

I'd imagine that unless the PCC receives shedoads of complaints from members of the public who have taken down the officers numbers nothing will change in a hurry.

The routine treatment of the public as potential football hooligans is an anachronistic joke.

Just a further point on the car parks - you never have been allowed to turn left when you come out of the car parks and all vehicles do leave via the Land Rover road. There has never been an issue with driving through the fans walking up from the ground so that wasn't the cause of what went on yesterday.

Just a further point on the car parks - you never have been allowed to turn left when you come out of the car parks and all vehicles do leave via the Land Rover road. There has never been an issue with driving through the fans walking up from the ground so that wasn't the cause of what went on yesterday.

on this topic, my sister works for Powergen and we have parked in there a few times. We have always been held from leaving the car park until all pedestrians had gone from around the ground (approx 30 odd minutes) - perhaps they are now enforcing this rule in the other car parks.

on this topic, my sister works for Powergen and we have parked in there a few times. We have always been held from leaving the car park until all pedestrians had gone from around the ground (approx 30 odd minutes) - perhaps they are now enforcing this rule in the other car parks.

That's probably what is happening but.......how is it so difficult to explain/let people know what is going on and ..........

If they were/are now going to do this, why could they not have let everyone know this ?
I for one would not have paid for parking here if this was/is going to be enforced. This has NEVER been enforced before.

As I said there are now around 1000 plus car park users who are going to be pretty p*ssed off with the situation with around 600 who have paid £250 and a further 400 who have paid £120 to park in a safe environment which up until yesterday allowed you to leave straight after the game with as far as I know, no instances of any injuries to any member of the public.

That's probably what is happening but.......how is it so difficult to explain/let people know what is going on and ..........

If they were/are now going to do this, why could they not have let everyone know this ?

I for one would not have paid for parking here if this was/is going to be enforced. This has NEVER been enforced before.

As I said there are now around 1000 plus car park users who are going to be pretty p*ssed off with the situation with around 600 who have paid £250 and a further 400 who have paid £120 to park in a safe environment which up until yesterday allowed you to leave straight after the game with as far as I know, no instances of any injuries to any member of the public.

If it involves the Police, its easier to tell you nothing, wind you up and then get an easy football arrest to go with their overtime for being at the match! Easiest answer is to just go for a drink after the match and then come back... better than winding yourself up about it as the situation isnt going to change in a hurry.

Last edited:
I'd imagine that unless the PCC receives shedoads of complaints from members of the public who have taken down the officers numbers nothing will change in a hurry.

The routine treatment of the public as potential football hooligans is an anachronistic joke.
When did you start making serious comments? :102:

I don't know if this had anything to do with it but I left the ground just before six and paramedics were attending to someone lying in the road just near the roundabout at the citroën garage, looked liked he/she had been knocked over.

Also, a sighting of Michael Morrison in Life last night, he shook my brothers hand whilst pissed out of his tree and then was last seen with a bird slapping her arse as he was leaving with another notch on the bedpost secured.

Similar situation in the Staples car park as I left the ground yesterday and after the Sunderland game.
I do feel for these people as the clearly hadn't been to the game and had just been shopping/gym.
Better signage on the way in say that the car park will be closed for a certain amount of time would help, but shouting at a car park steward won't get you anywhere.

I understand with the official club carpark, the powergen one and the staples one, what with the coahces being parked along there, but those two on filbert st have never been subjected to the delay in leaving rule before. I'm quite sure if people knew this was going to happen they wouldn't be rushing back to the car to be able to get out quickly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669