Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to our best defensively, struggled a bit in the final third. Still should've had 2 pens though!

Lots of positives, hopefully Mendy's injury is not too serious as he was looking good up until he went off. Fell victim to some pretty dodgy refereeing with a few penalty shouts and the Coquelin red card that never was....

Not a great day for Clattenburg; arse should have been down to 10 men and that was a pen all day long. On the plus, they played better!

Better than last year. Not sure about 1st penalty appeal - but surely the second one was beyond doubt? -Musa clearly brought down from behind

Excellent second half. Should have had a penalty.

First clean sheet.

King was very good when he came on.

Defence back to their best

Musa will be awesome.

Vardy not sharp yet.

We were a little more patient in the second half which I think we need to adopt more.

If that Sterling penalty was given Arse should have been charged with GBH.

Should have been down to ten men. Huth non-penalty worse than either given this morning, and the Musa pen was absolutely nailed on.

Good performance. Shit ref

Second one was definitely a penalty as seems to be unanimous here.

But much better performance - much closer to last season's levels. Swansea the perfect next opponent?

Clattenburg should be embarrassed by that performance when he looks back at it. Played the advantage far too many times when there was clearly no advantage to be gained and missed a very obvious penalty at the end. For the record, I don't think the tackle on Drinkwater was a penalty; this is about the only thing he got correct all afternoon.

As for us, much better defensively and better going forward but still without a huge amount of originality or flair. Musa offered something creative for the 6 or 7 minutes he was on and for me, would get a start over Vardy next time out. I'm still not convinced by Mendy but it's early days and he needs to build a partnership with Drinkwater. He didn't do anything specifically poorly today but he just lacked a little creativity; or perhaps confidence?

As Ulloa's biggest critic I actually felt he did well when he came up. He broke up play, held up the ball and offered a real intent going forward.

Looking better as a team, Musa is going to be a real pain in the arse for a lot of teams. We were far more threatening when he came on for the last five minuets, should have had a penalty and probably should have done better with the chance he had. If last week was 3 from 10 then this was at least a 7.

Robbed.

With ten minutes to go I thought I'd be happy with a draw, but ended the game totally gutted. Awful decisions around the Musa pen and the missing second booking.

We were great in the second half, love seeing Mahrez so involved. Albrighton was great, interestingly when he was running in more central. Musa just looks awesome. Drinkwater was excellent just couldn't quite get a perfect final ball

The defence back to its blocking niggly best.

I just hate waiting for the first win of the season as until it arrives I always worry it's never going to come.

Can't really add much to all that; I think Clattenburgh is the best ref in the league but embarrassed himself today.

I think there is a stigma attached to us.

I don't for a second think we are a team of divers. What we have is a lot of pace so we get fouled a lot more as a result of players missing tackles.

People like Wenger and co love intimating that we get a lot of penalties. They do it openly to try to influence the decisions of the referee before a ball has been kicked. I don't know if that was a factor, but we should have had at least one penalty today and did not get one so you decide.

I thought we were terrific today, just like last season we kept things tight for as long as possible and then went balls out of the bath to try and win it. The final ball wasn't quite there but other than that and Mendy getting hurt it was a really positive display.

Shinji was great. Musa gets people out of their seats. Leo and Kingy did well when they came on.

Personally not too fussed about the penalty appeals. A win would have been bloody lovely but today was more about the performance given how shit we were at Hull and the fact that we're only two games in. Very happy with what I saw today, awesome to be back at the KP too.

Not having seen or listened to the match, I'm concerned about the reports of pie shortages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566