Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed by Mendy. He doesn't make himself available, doesn't want the ball and when he get's it he doesn't do anything with it apart from pass it backwards. Not expecting or wanting him to be a Kante replacement but he made Danny look awesome. Drinky had a fantastic game.

When King came on we looked much better. He had a great game. Don't know where Homer get's the view that he was useless because he was just great.

Have not been a Leo fan in the past but today he was outstanding. At last he has grown some bollocks. Just needs to put his head in where it hurts a bit more.

Mahrez was magnificent. All the players gave 100% but Albrighton was simply immense.

Not impressed by Mendy. He doesn't make himself available, doesn't want the ball...
A professional player in the top flight doesn't want the ball? I'm struggling to believe this. It's like saying a cabbie doesn't want fares or serving staff shy away from tips. You're welcome to your views, but don't you think the lad should have more than one competitive match before lambasting his playing style?

Not having seen or listened to the match, I'm concerned about the reports of pie shortages.

Well, I did watch the match and I am incredibly concerned about the pie situation, it's the entire shape of them that concerns me. If they're not roundy Pukkas, they're not worth a ****. Nobody wants any oval imposter pies with dubious fillings. Nobody.
The club need to make a statement about this to state their position.

Excellent performance and absolute polar opposite of last week, we were busy, energetic and we looked a lot more like the team of last season. The return of Huth, Okazaki and Albrighton made such a difference to our team shape and balance, their influence and contribution to the team cannot be underestimated.
The changes allowed Mahrez to flourish, whilst giving us the defensive stability we lacked at Hull. Morgan, Simpson and Fuchs all looked back to their best.

I thought Mendy had a decent game, Kante he is not, but yesterday showed we can still line up as we did last season in a 4-4-2 and compete with the best teams in the league, Drinky was fantastic but his final ball just didn't quite come off. Credit Andy King as well, when he came on he had a good game and we continued to keep our shape, discipline and control, he is much maligned but I really do believe he is a decent option off the bench and never lets us down, everybody was poor last week.

Vardy is definitely rusty but as each week goes by he is looking fitter and sharper and I expect by next week he will be firing on all cylinders. Musa looked exciting and will be a very effective impact sub over the next few weeks whilst he beds in, my one slight criticism of him is he seems to want to pass when in a decent goalscoring position, needs to develop a more selfish instinct.

As for Clattenberg,he definitely bottled the 2nd yellow for Coqelin, and on another day we could have had 3 pens, as Huth was being held by Holding at a corner in the first half which under the new rules should be a penalty, the Drinky pen was 50/50 for me and had it been the other way round I would have felt slightly aggrieved had it gone against us, but Musa's was a definite penalty and I cannot understand how he didn't give it as he had an excellent position to see the incident.

All in all excellent display and importantly a good reaction to last week, and happy to see Claudio has learnt from the mistakes of last week.

A good performance from the whole team. I though Mendy did well and hopefully he won't be out for too long. Whilst he wasn't spectacular, he was tidy and competitive. Albrighton was superb and whilst his end product was lacking, his defensive work was outstanding. Huth is a fantastic presence and made some excellent crunching tackles. Okazaki is an absolute work horse. For the silky skills that he lacks, he more than makes up for in closing down and harassing. Oh and Mr Musa is like shit off a well oiled shovel. Penalty all day long.

I was pleased with that.

Huth coming back in defence made a huge difference. Thought the midfield looked much better with Mendy and Albrighton working hard in there.

Would've liked to see Musa on sooner but the Ulloa sub was the right one to make.

Vardy doesn't look sharp yet and I probably would've got Musa on sooner in his place. Having said that, I found a new appreciation of Vardy's other talents yesterday as he made some great touches, flick ons and passes even when he was too exhausted to keep running through the defence.

Much much better yesterday all round.

Think Mahrez deserves singling out because he worked his bollocks off yesterday, tracking back a lot and winning the ball on several occasions, and picking it up deep and getting us moving on many more.

I'm pleased - just a shame we didn't win because we could've. A draw was maybe fair on balance but Coquelin should've been off and Musa's was a stonewall penalty. The one on Drinkwater however, having seen the replay says looks like it was a good challenge and good call in the end from the ref

Musa went down too easily????? Try to stay on your feet in that situation yourself

I commented having only seen the incident live. Having now watched it again, you're right. However, I did get deja vu.

Two years ago in exactly the same place with exactly the same ref, Clattenburg got conned by Vardy for that penalty against Man Utd. The incident was frighteningly similar in every way except the defender made contact with Musa whereas Vardy swan dived with no contact whatsoever.

I don't know how many penalties Clattenburg has given us, but there have been a few soft ones. You reap what you sow with penalties. We're a club that have banked on dodgy penalty decisions for years. We can hardly cry if some refs start applying tougher standards against us now.

Vardy stopped completely to get the contact he needed to fall over. Musa was still at full speed. Apart from that, I also had that déjà vu feeling.

Clattenburg was definately shite as far as Leicester are concerned. Coquelin should definately have been sent off, well and truly done like a kipper by Mahrez on the edge of the box whilst already on a booking - definately should have gone but he bottled it. Equally annoying for me were the 'advantages' he gave us where we didn't really have much of an advantage to gain and would have been better off with the free kick at a time in the match where we were struggling a bit to create and just needed to put some pressure on their not entirely solid looking backline. In the second half we did much better as an attacking threat whilst still looking pretty well organised defensively.

Over all we can be pretty pleased. Maybe a draw was a fair result. Hopefully we can show some level of consistancy now that we've managed to set a marker for performance standard this season.

A professional player in the top flight doesn't want the ball? I'm struggling to believe this. It's like saying a cabbie doesn't want fares or serving staff shy away from tips. You're welcome to your views, but don't you think the lad should have more than one competitive match before lambasting his playing style?

Perhaps I am being prematurely harsh on Mendy. I was expecting to see a lot more creativity. He never seemed to want to make himself available to receive a throw in.

He looked somewhat overawed to me. A bit overweight and not at full fitness yet.

Perhaps I am being prematurely harsh on Mendy. I was expecting to see a lot more creativity. He never seemed to want to make himself available to receive a throw in.

He looked somewhat overawed to me. A bit overweight and not at full fitness yet.
Wow. Not how I saw it all. I'm not suggesting he was Zidane, but I think you're being overly harsh on him.

We changed our approach in the second half which was important. In the first half we were waiting for someone to nick the ball off their midfield, which never happened, we were playing as though Kanté was still there. And we were rushing to play the ball over the top, but Arsenal were ready for that.

In the second half we pressed as a team, and took our time a bit more on the ball, which we are going to have to adopt now without a ball winner like Kanté.

Mendy is more like Cambiasso than Kanté. He carefully positions himself and marks the space so the opposition have nowhere to go, rather than chasing the ball down.

Defensively we looked as well organised and solid as ever, they all know each other very well and cover for each other intuitively.

We have plenty of creative talent, so I'm feeling confident after that performance.

I commented having only seen the incident live. Having now watched it again, you're right. However, I did get deja vu.

Two years ago in exactly the same place with exactly the same ref, Clattenburg got conned by Vardy for that penalty against Man Utd. The incident was frighteningly similar in every way except the defender made contact with Musa whereas Vardy swan dived with no contact whatsoever.

I don't know how many penalties Clattenburg has given us, but there have been a few soft ones. You reap what you sow with penalties. We're a club that have banked on dodgy penalty decisions for years. We can hardly cry if some refs start applying tougher standards against us now.

Thats bullshit. Just because we got penaltys that maybe we shouldnt of before doesnt mean we shouldnt get stone wallers. The refs shouldn't be making a second mistake to fix previous mistakes.

On Mendy getting hurt, wasn't it an exact replica of Rob Ullathorne's horrible debut injury.

The sooner we get video replays, as in Rugby, Cricket and Tennis for example. Their systems work well it's time football moved into the 21st century. Why are the powers that be so afraid of it? Clattenburg is a good ref one of the better ones, but he made some terrible decisions yesterday, decisions that directly effected the outcome of the game. Arsenal left the King Power with a point, we lost two these margins matter when the end of the season comes around.

Not impressed by Mendy. He doesn't make himself available, doesn't want the ball and when he get's it he doesn't do anything with it apart from pass it backwards. Not expecting or wanting him to be a Kante replacement but he made Danny look awesome. Drinky had a fantastic game.

When King came on we looked much better. He had a great game. Don't know where Homer get's the view that he was useless because he was just great.

Have not been a Leo fan in the past but today he was outstanding. At last he has grown some bollocks. Just needs to put his head in where it hurts a bit more.

Mahrez was magnificent. All the players gave 100% but Albrighton was simply immense.

Stat for you...

Mendy's passing accuracy yesterday was 100%.

Sh** Bas****. Embarrassed for him.

I think Mendy has a lot more to offer but he is still finding his feet. He will improve, though of course we will probably lose him for a few weeks now.
Lets not judge too early, afterall, Christian Fuchs looked a donkey in pre-season last year.

Thats bullshit. Just because we got penaltys that maybe we shouldnt of before doesnt mean we shouldnt get stone wallers. The refs shouldn't be making a second mistake to fix previous mistakes.

You're being somewhat naive. The focus and attention on us last season was enormous. Incidents such as the Vardy dive against West Ham, the Schlupp fall in the same game, the simple stats on us getting far more penalties than anyone else, all go into referees and opponents heads. And then there was that ridiculous penalty we got at Hull.

I fully expect us to not be given stone wall penalties several times this season as well as get awarded fewer penalties for the theatrical antics of our forwards. In addition, the focus on our defenders holding at set pieces will haunt us too. We could easily have conceded a penalty yesterday for Morgan being all over Koscielny.

We have three forward players that go down very easily. Vardy and Mahrez dive a lot. Okazaki goes down anywhere on the pitch if someone breathes near him.

Referees are human beings that will be influenced by all these factors whether we like it or not. Clatternburg is regarded as the best ref in Europe and clearly refereed us differently to how he did for the last two seasons. Just wait until we get a properly crap ref!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669