Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the criticism of Clattenburg is well over the top. He made excellent decisions throughout and let the game flow. It was definitely not a second yellow challenge and the first 'penalty' was a very good call.

The Musa challenge was a penalty but I thought Musa went down too easily and this would have put doubt in the refs mind. We had an absurd penalty decision in our favour last week so it evens out I guess.

Two poor performers from our side today, which is a massive improvement on last week.

Vardy is patently not fit and sharp. He did something and then disappeared for ten minutes to recover. It was the same last week and it's too indulgent to allow a player to gain fitness in such a key position.

The other frustrating player - for the second game running - was Schmeichel. Some awful distribution decisions that could have cost us dearly once again. I like his look forward to counter attack but his judgement today was abysmal on several occasions.

Aside from that, we were much more like our old selves. Okazaki and Simpson were outstanding. Mahrez did some delightful things.

I'll reserve judgement on Mendy. He is certainly no Kante. I thought he was well off the wavelength of the rest of the team and didn't do enough but given the week he's had, it's only fair to give him time to adjust. I can't help feeling that we're still a midfielder light though, especially if Inler is sold off and James sent out on loan.

One day, we will beat Arsenal,

I'm surprised by the criticism of Clattenburg. I wouldn't have been surprised if either the Drinkwater or Musa incidents had been given as penalties, but I didn't see any of them as stonewallers either.

I think we were very good today. We were very solid defensively and Mahrez's defensive work in the first half was outstanding. We were much more balanced today due to the inclusion of Okazaki and Albrighton. The latter was my man of the match. He worked brilliantly to defend all game.

Back four solid. Drinkwater and Mahrez outstanding, Vardy and Okazaki very dangerous in flashes. Albrighton solid, but final ball awful. King completely pointless. Schmeichel's distribution an absolute feckin' embarrassment, and a nailed on pen not given.

Normal service resumed, then

HOWEVER

They've only gone and changed Filbert's head. Filbert the feckin' Fox has had his head dumped and another ne put in his place

Or is it another fox altogether - the return of a grown up cousin Dennis, and our Filbert has been imprisoned somewhere

It's a sodding disgrace, whatever has happened

I think the criticism of Clattenburg is well over the top. He made excellent decisions throughout and let the game flow.

There is a world of difference between 'letting a game flow' and allowing play to continue when absolutely no advantage is evident. Clattenburg did this several times today. As for Musa going down 'too easily', this is an absolutely bonkers assessment of the situation and one which can only suggest that you haven't seen the challenge properly. It was clearly impossible for him to stay upright with the left leg of a defender wrapped around him. Clattenburg was dreadful and I am one who never moans about referees (for the most part at least) having seen some wildly unfair criticisms on here in the past.

Mendy is a tough one. You and I both seem to have similar opinions of him at present. He may be an enigma for a while but he needs time to establish a relationship with DD in midfield. He passes well but doesn't move play on quick enough or effectively enough yet. I'm confident that this will come.

I think the criticism of Clattenburg is well over the top. He made excellent decisions throughout and let the game flow. It was definitely not a second yellow challenge and the first 'penalty' was a very good call.

The Musa challenge was a penalty but I thought Musa went down too easily and this would have put doubt in the refs mind. We had an absurd penalty decision in our favour last week so it evens out I guess.

Two poor performers from our side today, which is a massive improvement on last week.

Vardy is patently not fit and sharp. He did something and then disappeared for ten minutes to recover. It was the same last week and it's too indulgent to allow a player to gain fitness in such a key position.

The other frustrating player - for the second game running - was Schmeichel. Some awful distribution decisions that could have cost us dearly once again. I like his look forward to counter attack but his judgement today was abysmal on several occasions.

Aside from that, we were much more like our old selves. Okazaki and Simpson were outstanding. Mahrez did some delightful things.

I'll reserve judgement on Mendy. He is certainly no Kante. I thought he was well off the wavelength of the rest of the team and didn't do enough but given the week he's had, it's only fair to give him time to adjust. I can't help feeling that we're still a midfielder light though, especially if Inler is sold off and James sent out on loan.

One day, we will beat Arsenal,
It didn't have to be a second yellow foul. No such thing exists. He deliberately brought the player down to stop an attack. It's a yellow. If he's had one before, tough tittiess.

Back four solid. Drinkwater and Mahrez outstanding, Vardy and Okazaki very dangerous in flashes. Albrighton solid, but final ball awful. King completely pointless. Schmeichel's distribution an absolute feckin' embarrassment, and a nailed on pen not given.

Normal service resumed, then

HOWEVER

They've only gone and changed Filbert's head. Filbert the feckin' Fox has had his head dumped and another ne put in his place

Or is it another fox altogether - the return of a grown up cousin Dennis, and our Filbert has been imprisoned somewhere

It's a sodding disgrace, whatever has happened

I'm not a King fan, but I thought he did a great job when he came on.

I thought Ulloa was immense when he came on too. The amount of times he dispossessed Arsenal's players to put together attacking moves was incredible.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mendy obviously needs time to get the psychic links with Drinkwater like Morgan and Huth have.

Musa looks very dangerous as an impact sub. Maybe give him 20 minutes next time. Yes it was a penalty, tripped from behind.

Back 5 OK again. Schmeichel I thought had a good game. Distribution not at his best but a clean sheet and no bombscare moments.

Happy for Clattenburg to play advantage but on several occasions we never had an advantage and he did not call it back. Thought he bottled the second yellow card decision.

Good result as they beat us twice last season and 5-2 in this fixture.

Not having seen or listened to the match, I'm concerned about the reports of pie shortages.

Massive shock for pie fans today - no Pukka pies! Instead there was some broccoli, spinach and cheese concoction made by a company called Pink Flamingo or something weird like that.

No longer a pie eater myself but those around me who are were not happy at all!

Massive shock for pie fans today - no Pukka pies! Instead there was some broccoli, spinach and cheese concoction made by a company called Pink Flamingo or something weird like that.

Sounds like an improvement to me

All the time the media focussed on Mahrez, Arsenal were simply after our pies. Smoke and mirrors. Bastards.

Not in SK4, lovely chicken balti Pukka was consumed

Not in SK4, lovely chicken balti Pukka was consumed

Funny. I'm in SK4 and was told by a couple of "neighbours" there were no Pukka pies. This was at the kiosk immediately to the right once entering through turnstile 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669