Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating game really considering that Clattenburg (who is comfortably one of the better PL referees) missed at least one blatant penalty in our favour. Had a look on the tv inside for the replays at HT and FT and felt we could've had two. Neither team looked like scoring from open play to be honest, 0-0 is a start but can't help but feel we should've had a chance to take all 3 points.

Pleased to see a similar defensive solidity to last season, Huth helps that. I think when Huth isn't there Morgan looks like a lost puppy and then when he is there Morgan sometimes looks the better of the two. Disappointed to see Shinji taken off too, I thought he was doing great and perhaps went off 10 minutes too early. Mendy looked promising and disappointing to see him go off injured, hopefully nothing too serious.

Schmeichel's distribution was dreadful and he's got to start coming out for some crosses, particularly the one where it missed everyone and he had to save it. The ball bounced inside the six yard box and should be mopped up every day of the week by your keeper.

Plenty more positives than last week though and felt great to be back at the KP again for the new season.

You're being somewhat naive. The focus and attention on us last season was enormous. Incidents such as the Vardy dive against West Ham, the Schlupp fall in the same game, the simple stats on us getting far more penalties than anyone else, all go into referees and opponents heads. And then there was that ridiculous penalty we got at Hull.

I fully expect us to not be given stone wall penalties several times this season as well as get awarded fewer penalties for the theatrical antics of our forwards. In addition, the focus on our defenders holding at set pieces will haunt us too. We could easily have conceded a penalty yesterday for Morgan being all over Koscielny.

We have three forward players that go down very easily. Vardy and Mahrez dive a lot. Okazaki goes down anywhere on the pitch if someone breathes near him.

Referees are human beings that will be influenced by all these factors whether we like it or not. Clatternburg is regarded as the best ref in Europe and clearly refereed us differently to how he did for the last two seasons. Just wait until we get a properly crap ref!

Im not being naive at all. Getting a dodgy penalty does not mean we should have a legitimate penalty taken away.

Arsene Wenger made some very interesting comments, after the game yesterday. When asked about the second penalty incident, he said that we got a lot last year, implied some of them weren't deserved and suggested we might pay for that a bit this season.

Bollocks to paying for it this year! If referees continually make shit decisions they will get downgraded. As if a referee is going to purposely not give a penalty to even things up. If Clattenshite was here right now he would tell you he dropped a bollock yesterday. There was no maybe about it, he got it wrong and if he was in that situation again he would have given the penalty.

You're being somewhat naive. The focus and attention on us last season was enormous. Incidents such as the Vardy dive against West Ham, the Schlupp fall in the same game, the simple stats on us getting far more penalties than anyone else, all go into referees and opponents heads. And then there was that ridiculous penalty we got at Hull.

I fully expect us to not be given stone wall penalties several times this season as well as get awarded fewer penalties for the theatrical antics of our forwards. In addition, the focus on our defenders holding at set pieces will haunt us too. We could easily have conceded a penalty yesterday for Morgan being all over Koscielny.

We have three forward players that go down very easily. Vardy and Mahrez dive a lot. Okazaki goes down anywhere on the pitch if someone breathes near him.

Referees are human beings that will be influenced by all these factors whether we like it or not. Clatternburg is regarded as the best ref in Europe and clearly refereed us differently to how he did for the last two seasons. Just wait until we get a properly crap ref!
I think you will find that lots of teams will be in trouble here.

Arsene Wenger made some very interesting comments, after the game yesterday. When asked about the second penalty incident, he said that we got a lot last year, implied some of them weren't deserved and suggested we might pay for that a bit this season.

By that logic Arsenal won't be getting any penalties or free kicks this season. The man is an absolute ****.

By that logic Arsenal won't be getting any penalties or free kicks this season. The man is an absolute ****.
Yep. Pretty sure he was just trying to sow a seed. If he'd have done that before the game, he'd have been in trouble for trying to influence refereeing decisions. Doing it after the game, he should be fine. Maybe we should be flattered, does it suggest he sees us as a rival?

Yep. Pretty sure he was just trying to sow a seed. If he'd have done that before the game, he'd have been in trouble for trying to influence refereeing decisions. Doing it after the game, he should be fine. Maybe we should be flattered, does it suggest he sees us as a rival?
For fourth place? Maybe

...he's got to start coming out for some crosses, particularly the one where it missed everyone and he had to save it. The ball bounced inside the six yard box and should be mopped up every day of the week by your keeper...

I disagree, if he'd come out for that ball and someone in front had got a touch he'd have been flapping around worse than Joe Hart. He was set for anyone touching it and was also in a position to deal with it when it avoided everybody, it looked worse that it was, I think he was in control of the situation.

Who's children did Gokhan Inler kill? He's got to be worth another go in midfield.

This

Said the same at the game. We are hardly blessed with central cover.

Even a crap referee could see the shirt being pulled off Huth's back again.

I thought they were clamping down on that this season?

The Inler one is a puzzle.

If Mendy is out for any significant time it will be interesting to see if he gets another go. He's currently behind Amartey, King and presumably James in the pecking order. But if I'm brutally honest none of those names seem like anything but a short term solution.

If Mendy is out for any significant time it will be interesting to see if he gets another go. He's currently behind Amartey, King and presumably James in the pecking order. But if I'm brutally honest none of those names seem like anything but a short term solution.

James showed before his injury that he's a good player at this level. He was better than Drinkwater that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669