Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner we get video replays, as in Rugby, Cricket and Tennis for example. Their systems work well it's time football moved into the 21st century. Why are the powers that be so afraid of it?

I think it is probably the players who have more to be afraid of. The officials will be able to very clearly see the full extent of their gamesmanship and cheating when the technology is finally introduced.

James showed before his injury that he's a good player at this level. He was better than Drinkwater that season.

True and I've always rated James. Worry about this injury though, it's been over a year now and he's yet to even break into the bench.

He looked decent in the Man Utd Under 23s match last week. He was playing at the start of pre-season, then was out again through illness, so he's still a bit behind the other players.

Fair enough. Hopefully he can breakthrough. A fully fit James is a better option than King I think.

He looked decent in the Man Utd Under 23s match last week. He was playing at the start of pre-season, then was out again through illness, so he's still a bit behind the other players.

I agree.

He looked good in the pre-season match before his gall stones and was efficient in the U23 game against Manure. I'd rather have him in than Kingy.

Surprised we haven't been updated on Papy's injury.

Hopefully James can get fit because he looked good in our Great Escape run alongside Cambiasso.

Think people are being very harsh on Mendy though after an hour of competitive football for us!

Do agree we need another DM though

Matty James is our Jack Wilshire. A 21st Century Darren Anderton.

His entire career is littered with injuries and absences. We will never be able to rely on him.

His entire career is littered with injuries and absences. We will never be able to rely on him.

I don't recall anything before the one serious injury that he's still to recover from to justify that

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I don't recall anything before the one serious injury that he's still to recover from to justify that

His progress at Man Utd was hampered by repeated injuries. Always seems to be his knees too if I recall correctly.

Matty had a bad ankle injury whilst on loan at PNE from Man U, which IIRC was one of the reasons to be why SAF unloaded someone reckoned to be as good as Paul Scholes.

I'd have hoped he's our 21st century Pontus, though there's always the nag that Scott Taylor and lord help us Darren Eadie have gone before him.

He seems like a nice guy and he's popular with the squad and he was also a good player.

However, in fitness terms, he's a wrong 'un. Most players with his injury and our outstanding medical team, would have been out for 6 months, 8 at a push. James has not kicked a ball in anger for the first team for approaching 17 months with no prospect of him changing that.

We'll send him on loan, where he'll pick up another injury or breakdown again. If he was a horse, you'd put him out of his misery.

I'll give odds of 5000/1 that he ever holds down a regular place in our team again.

Sad, but true.

With Leicester he hasn't had any problems other than the injury at the end of the season.

It's an easy out.

I think Mendy will be an excellent midfielder for us but would like James fighting for a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566