Post Match Leicester 0 Burnley 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the customers don't want an event - they want a football match at a reasonable price.

As SwedeFox has suggested football clubs are only going that way because some football fans want it. Fans dont want a traditional football game they want wins and entertainment. Leicester got booed on Tuesday for a 0-0 draw, would this have happened if it was 2-2 or 3-3?

West Ham fans are a prime example! After West Ham's game against Peterborough (which they won 2-0) Allardyce got booed and jeered because the fans didnt want to see traditional football where you battle out a result. They wanted to be entertained.

Last edited:
As SwedeFox has suggested football clubs are only going that way because some football fans want it. Fans dont want a traditional football game they want wins and entertainment. Leicester got booed on Tuesday for a 0-0 draw, would this have happened if it was 2-2 or 3-3?

West Ham fans are a prime example! After West Ham's game against Peterborough (which they won 2-0) Allardyce got booed and jeered because the fans didnt want to see traditional football where you battle out a result. They wanted to be entertained.

Doubt most of that:

1. Clubs are going down the SwedeFox line because it is more commercially exploitive and want more A/B consumers and not hard up C's.

2. I was one of those spared being bored on Tues night - but my guess based on previous experiences of these situations is that the jeers at the end were about the season of failure as a whole - if it had been a goalless draw leading to a play off place there would have been jubilation.

3, Big Sam is criticised at WHU not because he is being traditional but because he is not seen to be playing the traditional WHU way - his was not a popular appointment because his card was marked by the fans as a long ball merchant.

4. I don't think MON sides play particularly entertaining football - but we were happy enough with it because we were successful.

That remains to be seen. If customers don't like it, clubs will never keep doing it. So if there aren't enough people who prefer this new, perhaps more comfortable but less passionate, way of watching football to fill the ground, then it will never happen.

Think a lot of it depends on what's happening elsewhere in the economy, especially if ticket prices continue to go up. Customers (by customers I mean supporters, but not die-hard ones) are not as loyal to the brand/club and if football is seen as a luxury, that may be one of the things that they cut down on first - whereas someone who has been a season ticket holder for years will usually try to keep their ticket even if they lose their job etc.

Season ticket was the first thing to go for me when I lost my job...and I'd had one for years.

Anyone received their season ticket yet?

:icon_bigg

Maybe they have got lost in the post. Should we start panicking yet?
I would because I think it's a sign that the Thais are puilling out, winding up the club and selling the land for a housing estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669