Post Match Leicester 0 Burnley 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like the recent past, I haven't liked the present, and last night gave me an insight into the future of Leicester City Football Club...I didn't like that either.

A club geared towards corporate clients, across the world internet streams and affluent families spending over a £100 a match on tickets, blue candy floss and inflatable balloon animals. A future where the football has become a pastiche of itself and the finer points of the game are lost on those who spend over £30 simply to boo the players they are meant to be supporting; booing them because others do it and therefore they can't be contributing to the win they paid to see.

Go the whole hog, Top: have the match taking place while stunt motorcycles circle the track, lions are made to stand on podiums in the centre circle and the 18 yard boxes are flooded and filled with sharks.

I didn't recognise my club last night, I didn't recognise my fellow supporters and if I'd paid to go I'd have wanted my money back. Regardless of the performance, last night held a very remote chance of getting into the playoffs - but the first 45 minutes was the quietest I've ever known the ground. People may claim the players failed to make an effort but the gutless support must hang heavy on them.

If I were connected with the club I'd be making my agent find me anything just so I didn't have to return to the KP next season because they aren't as lucky as me - I'm simply not going to go.
Match day buffets in the corporate boxes, comfortable seats, great view from all around the ground, retractable roof (never a waterlogged pitch again!), making it an event, not just a game of football.

Then maybe the miserable sods moaning about "the old times" will have ****ed off and football has become entertainment, much more customer-friendly. Ever been to a sports event (NBA, NHL, NFL) in the US? That's what it will be like it in a few years. I honestly can't wait.

Then maybe the miserable sods moaning about "the old times" will have ****ed off and football has become entertainment, much more customer-friendly. Ever been to a sports event (NBA, NHL, NFL) in the US? That's what it will be like it in a few years.

That will indeed be the day that I walk away for good, and leave the fun filled sportertainment match day 'experience' to the families, the businessmen and utter arseholes who know not what football is all about

That will indeed be the day that I walk away for good, and leave the fun filled sportertainment match day 'experience' to the families, the businessmen and utter arseholes who know not what football is all about

DSC_0101.jpg

Champions League in HD - that is what football is about, not standing on a freezing terrace, watching 22 thugs kicking each-other in a muddy field.

In my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
View attachment 9360

Champions League in HD - that is what football is about, not standing on a freezing terrace, watching 22 thugs kicking each-other in a muddy field.

In my opinion, of course.

I've got to a point where I find very little enjoyment in watching any football on TV, vacuous pundits, arty camera angles, dull product have put me off. I'm sat in a hotel in Germany and could turn the tv on to watch the match (thankfully I wouldn't understand the commentary) but I just can't be bothered.

So supporting someone to you is only backing them when they do something good? I would suggest the people who were chanting his name were giving him more of a lift after a few mistakes, trying to get his tail up and improve as the game went on, I much prefer that than the universal groan and mumbling that goes around when a Leicester player usually makes a mistake.

The problem is not that people sing players names when they make mistakes, it's that people shout down and abuse certain other players for making the same mistakes, support really is fickle when people only do it for positive actions.

What annoys me is the inconsistency. Yesterday, when they hit both posts, the fans were chanting Bamba's name because he cleared it off the line despite the fact that he only had to do that because he was so out of position that somebody a foot shorter than him beat him to the ball. If that had been Mills, Gallagher or Beckford the reaction would have been very, very different.

There was a ball towards the end of the game that Nugent ran for and gave up before bothering to jump for a header with their defender, the twat behind me said nothing. Gallagher then didn't go for a header and he was berated.

I've got to a point where I find very little enjoyment in watching any football on TV, vacuous pundits, arty camera angles, dull product have put me off. I'm sat in a hotel in Germany and could turn the tv on to watch the match (thankfully I wouldn't understand the commentary) but I just can't be bothered.

I'm getting the same with live football. Vacuous idiots around me who spout negative, baseless shit all game (one actually said how shit King was playing in the first half yesterday and another demanded to know why Beckford hadn't headed the ball towards goal, despite the fact that the ball came to his knee) and who's only enjoyment appears to be moaning endlessly.

If I hear "Ooya ****er here we go, 1-0 to them, you watch" one more time, let alone every time they get it past our halfway line, I might have to get violent.

I'm getting the same with live football. Vacuous idiots around me who spout negative, baseless shit all game (one actually said how shit King was playing in the first half yesterday and another demanded to know why Beckford hadn't headed the ball towards goal, despite the fact that the ball came to his knee) and who's only enjoyment appears to be moaning endlessly.

If I hear "Ooya ****er here we go, 1-0 to them, you watch" one more time, let alone every time they get it past our halfway line, I might have to get violent.

I echo this. The moaning feckers near me never shut up all night.

A club geared towards corporate clients, across the world internet streams and affluent families spending over a £100 a match on tickets, blue candy floss and inflatable balloon animals.

You are safe to go to the ground. Your fears are groundless - this isn't going to happen. The owners can gear the club to whoever they choose but they won't attract many of the affluent target group you mention and they won't turn LCFC into a global or even a Far East brand. They bought the wrong club in the wrong place to do any of that.

He was moaning about people watching the game on Internet streams and corporate tickets for the match and then admitted he didn't pay to go and see the game, so he must have done one or the other. Perhaps it was a clumsy choice of words on my behalf, but you can't moan about something like that if you take advantage of it yourself.

"He"?

Are you referring to me? Clumsy is certainly the word you are looking because yet again I'm left wondering what the **** you are going on about. Go back and re-read the post, think about the words I used and then factor in that I was given a ticket for free and went to the game for free and watched it for free.

And even if I had watched an illegal stream I still wouldn't have been taking advantage of any of the things I was complaining about.

Sometimes this forum is really hard work.

"He"?

Are you referring to me? Clumsy is certainly the word you are looking because

It doesn't help that you've spelled 'Clumsy' as 'Mawsley'. Nor that you've clumsily missed out 'for' in your post, Clumsy.

Last edited:
Match day buffets in the corporate boxes, comfortable seats, great view from all around the ground, retractable roof (never a waterlogged pitch again!), making it an event, not just a game of football.

Then maybe the miserable sods moaning about "the old times" will have ****ed off and football has become entertainment, much more customer-friendly. Ever been to a sports event (NBA, NHL, NFL) in the US? That's what it will be like it in a few years. I honestly can't wait.

You fill me with dread.

What you want is a 'product' not our local team always battling against the odds in the top tier of English football. Stuff your 'entertainment' - some of us want the thrills & spills of different conditions not your concept of castrated packaged suctomer friendly b-llocks.

You fill me with dread.

What you want is a 'product' not our local team always battling against the odds in the top tier of English football. Stuff your 'entertainment' - some of us want the thrills & spills of different conditions not your concept of castrated packaged suctomer friendly b-llocks.
I want to go to a football match the way I go to the cinema or the theatre, then you can call that whatever you want.

I want to go to a football match the way I go to the cinema or the theatre, then you can call that whatever you want.

I understand what you are saying.

What I want to call that is your entitlement as a consumer/ customer/ service user or whatever else you ascribe to yourself.

Its about as close to my idea of supporting Leicester City as the template designed by Chelsea or Man City or us if the Thais achieved all their marketing ambitions (which they won't) is to what made football an exciting obsession for millions of ordinary working people.

I understand what you are saying.

What I want to call that is your entitlement as a consumer/ customer/ service user or whatever else you ascribe to yourself.

Its about as close to my idea of supporting Leicester City as the template designed by Chelsea or Man City or us if the Thais achieved all their marketing ambitions (which they won't) is to what made football an exciting obsession for millions of ordinary working people.
It's true, but I think there will be always an option for these people; lower league football if nothing else. Top level football is probably gone already and turned into the entertainment industry that I'm talking about.

Re: Burnley

How ridiculous, I can't even begin to point out the difference, if you can't see it already then you never will.

Predictably dismissive.

Please explain why it's ok to give a player endless stick on the Internet but a crime against humanity to boo him.

Exactly my thoughts. Since we've already leveled filbo to build a stadium, go the whole hog.

There was something special about grounds like Filbert street, but those days are gone and if we are going to have stadiums like the KP... Do that shit right.

Exactly my thoughts. Since we've already leveled filbo to build a stadium, go the whole hog.

There was something special about grounds like Filbert street, but those days are gone and if we are going to have stadiums like the KP... Do that shit right.
Yup. I love going to lower league matches once in a while (if it's sunny) and it's got a genuine and charming feel to it, but it's not realistic to think that the Premier League or The Championship would ever go back to that. People will get used to it as generations go by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670