Post Match Leicester 0 Burnley 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with fans supporting a player when he does something good. I do question if they are actually watching the game when they chant a players name who keeps making mistakes.

It doesnt mean they have to boo him, just not idolise him.

So supporting someone to you is only backing them when they do something good? I would suggest the people who were chanting his name were giving him more of a lift after a few mistakes, trying to get his tail up and improve as the game went on, I much prefer that than the universal groan and mumbling that goes around when a Leicester player usually makes a mistake.

The problem is not that people sing players names when they make mistakes, it's that people shout down and abuse certain other players for making the same mistakes, support really is fickle when people only do it for positive actions.

Right, this is going to be a long one, so bear with me...

I really do think we've got the makings of a very good squad and we only need to make a few changes to actually compete in the top 6 next season.

I think we're probably alright for strikers now - I would expect Beckford and Nugent to hit double figures next season, and with Waghorn returning and the emergence of Schlupp and to a much lesser extent, Tom Hopper, we've got some options on the bench if needs be.

I would expect Kasper to stay, but I think a couple of defenders might be leaving - I can't see a long term future for Mills, Paintsil or Bamba at the club (for the record, I think Bamba is a very talented player, but I don't think his talents lend themselves to an organised defence, which is key in the Championship) and I would expect a couple of defenders to come in. I think Konchesky and Morgan will both be a staple of our defensive line-up next season, as well as perhaps St Ledger, but I think Pearson will bring in another central defender (he's been a long time admirer of Craig Dawson, who I think would be an excellent signing) and a right back, with Peltier as back up.

The real problem is our midfield and I can't personally see any easy solutions. I think we've got some very good squad players in there, but we need some real quality in the middle of the park. There's no-one in there currently that dictates the way we play, unless you count Wellens slowing the game down no end. I think King, Drinkwater and Marshall are the future of our midfield, but I would say we probably need to add a couple more players in here and this should be the focus of our transfer business this summer. I think Danns can still play a big part next season, but we need to add a proper central midfielder who can win and distribute the ball well and facilitate the obvious attacking quality we have in midfield - we know King and Marshall have got goals in them - so someone in the mould of Tom Huddlestone or Fabrice Muamba would be a good signing for me. Plus if we can find a left winger to replace Dyer in the same mould as Ben Marshall, I'll be very happy.

I firmly believe Pearson's the right man for the job. He started off slowly at Hull too, but he's turned them into promotion contenders this season and I'm sure that if he was still there, they'd be in the playoffs - unfortunately they decided to appoint Barmby and he just seems to be living off the legacy Pearson left behind and things have fallen away there now.

Things look pretty bad now and of course it's been a disappointing season, but I'm already looking forward to next season as I think it'll be an end to the overblown media hype that came with Sven's arrival, I'll be much happier when we go back to going about our business quietly and without much fuss and I'm excited to see what kind of players Pearson will bring in. I'm sure that no-one will argue that, with only a few exceptions, he and his staff always seem to find quality for very good value. He's brought in Marshall, Drinkwater and Morgan for about the same money we paid for Matt Mills during the summer, which certainly puts the outrageous spending of last summer to shame. I look forward to him unearthing the next Tom Cleverly or Mark Davies (rather than the next Dany N'Guessan or Robbie Nielson). I'm already thinking about my London away days for next season and I'm hoping that West Ham don't get promoted this season because that was one of the best games I went to this season and I love the Boleyn Ground.

Here's to the end to the madness for one season. Bring on the next.

Have to agree with you on most points. Although Hull under Barmby are exactly where they were under Pearson, just outside the play offs, I think it's a bit unfair on Barmby to say that Pearson would have definitely got them in there when he hadn't been consistently in the top 6 all season. They were always there or there abouts and that's where they remain. I think on the whole Barmby has done a decent job steadying the ship there, as they could have really gone off the boil losing their manager the way they did.

I've said this all along, anymore than 5 signings in the summer and we will have made a huge mistake. Like you say the strikers are pretty much sorted, although I wouldn't mind seeing us replace Howard with someone who can hold the ball up more and be more effective.

The problems are in Midfield certainly. We need a couple of good quality signings there so that we can start to dictate play next season and overcome teams that we face who are determined to not let us play.

I personally think the defence given a full summer to organise itself and work together could be very strong. That said, I think Mills will go, which means we'll need at least 1 signing here to replace him.

Chopping and changing vast swathes of the squad is only going to end the same way it did this season. West Ham bought and bought in January and look how their form has tailed off.

I think Mills is better than Morgan.

I think if you've spent a lot of money this year to watch what has been an extremely frustrating season littered with false promises, you have every right to vent said frustration.

I think Pearson should be given an off-season, all managers should get one.

I think the concept that Sven signed a load of shit is way off-base. He signed players to play in a certain system, then the system was changed with the manager.

well said greggs.Under NP we needed to make up ground due to the bad start (under NP).NB has done a reasonable job with so little experience.I think there is a genuine problem in that NP is very good at post match interviews at stressing he will sort things out.I am not sure this competence has been proven in recent years.I have no idea whether we would have been better or worse had NP remained.
Many players will be available at low prices this summer and well organised teams may well have the upper hand on the big spenders next year.
Was last season more than mediocre for NP?-That makes it 2 seasons were a mill a year contract is hard to fathom.
Davies/Howe/Holloway would jump at 1 mill a year.

That was one of the most boring games ever, neither side looked like they were ever going to make a breakthrough all game and it was cold and I was shattered too. One of those games you regret going to and wished you could've been at home in the warm listening to it on the radio.

Booing a teams performance at the END OF A GAME, why should there be a problem with that ?
It happens at virtually every football ground when a team falls below what the fans expect from it, and its happened for as long as i can remember.
Singling out a player is different imo, as that may lead to a longer term loss of the individuals confidence and performance.
The team dont have a problem lapping up the over the top adulation after successful games, so they should be able to cope with a certain amount of criticism when its fair to do so.
I have seen many a time Leicester fans applaud after a defeat, because they recognise when the team have put in a shift, and walked off the pitch having given it their all. I couldnt say that about last nights game.
There have been too many times this season where the levels of commitment and passion could be questioned, and i wouldnt have a problem with fans showing their frustrations because of it.
Anyway,having a pop at the fans for booing is a smokescreen and diversion from the REAL issues that Leicester City have. The players and management have not been good enough for the entire season, and thats not the fault of the fans that booed.

I tend to agree, booing at the end of the game, though I didn't do, I can see why people do it.

But the booing aimed at certain players i.e. when Gallagher came on and the sarcastic cheering when he won a tackle and earlier at Beckford when he won a header is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
I tend to agree, booing at the end of the game, though I didn't do, I can see why people do it.

But the booing aimed at certain players i.e. when Gallagher came on and the sarcastic cheering when he won a tackle and earlier at Beckford when he won a header is pretty ridiculous.

Last night was the first time I have saw a player being effected by the boos. Gallagher did a couple of misplaced passes early on and the fans were immediately on his back. After that he dropped back into an almost defensive role, which saw him win a couple of tackles, but have no influence on the game. Whenever the ball did come to him he got rid of it almost immediately. It was a shame really as last night was a chance for him to play in his natural position of just behind the strikers and try to create something.

Last edited:
Last night was the first time I have saw a player being effected by the boos. Gallagher did a couple of misplaced passes early on and the fans were immediately on his back. After that he dropped back into an almost defensive role, which saw him win a couple of tackles, but have no influence on the game. Whenever the ball did come to him he got rid of it almost immediately. It was a shame really as last night was a chance for him to play in his natural position of just behind the strikers and try to create something.

Would you be moaning if the same fans sang his name after those mistakes like Bamba?

Re: Burnley

Booing that is a bit pathetic really, well done you bellends.

I'd assume the players sometimes read pages like this...you've been forthright in your contempt for Gallagher...is that acceptable fan behavior as opposed to booing?

I don't really see a huge difference between the two.

Would you be moaning if the same fans sang his name after those mistakes like Bamba?

If he kept making mistakes and the fans ignored it whilst otheres got booed for similar mistakes then yes. Although I dont understand why the only option is to either sing a players name or boo him?

My seat in the ground is near the touchline where Gally normally plays. There have been plenty of times when I dont think he is getting involved enough. Rather than boo and call him S**T I normally shout "come on Gally get stuck in".

Re: Burnley

I'd assume the players sometimes read pages like this...you've been forthright in your contempt for Gallagher...is that acceptable fan behavior as opposed to booing?

I don't really see a huge difference between the two.

How ridiculous, I can't even begin to point out the difference, if you can't see it already then you never will.

Does that make sense to you? If it does would you care to explain what you mean? The solution to what?

He was moaning about people watching the game on Internet streams and corporate tickets for the match and then admitted he didn't pay to go and see the game, so he must have done one or the other. Perhaps it was a clumsy choice of words on my behalf, but you can't moan about something like that if you take advantage of it yourself.

Forget the insipid performance, the disgraceful booing of our own players and even the fact that it is no longer possible to reach the play-offs............

Forget all of that, the most shameful event last night was Birchenall leaving those poor kids waiting to do the crossbar challenge and when he finally remembered they were still there he started shooing them off the pitch because the teams were back out.

Now that is shameful.

Trying to fit in some random boxers (one a Man City fan for ****s sake), Steve Moran doing his bit for his stepkid and Lenny and Parks as well was always going to be time tight without a crossbar challenge as well.

I hope the would-be competitors get it made up to them in some way.

****ing shameful way to treat people.

He was moaning about people watching the game on Internet streams and corporate tickets for the match and then admitted he didn't pay to go and see the game, so he must have done one or the other. Perhaps it was a clumsy choice of words on my behalf, but you can't moan about something like that if you take advantage of it yourself.

I think you need to go back and read the thread lad, it's possible that you might be starting to lose the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669