Post Match Leicester 0 Burnley 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson saying on RL that he was pleased with the effort of the players tells me all I need to know ... he is not the manager to get Leicester City promoted to the Premier League.

So the fans should only voice opinions if they are positive?

I think it is a legitimate acknowledgement of unhappiness at the perfomance.

I don't think that you can even be sure why any individual has booed. A neutral would have booed at the end of last night's game - he would have been booing what had been a very poor and sterile game with no atmosphere either on the pitch or off. That's why I booed and I'm not a neutral.

I can only ever remember one 0-0 draw where I didn't boo at the end. 0-0 draws deserve to be booed. They are a waste of time, a waste of money and invariably make you wish you had stayed at home. It is that 0-0 draw that is being booed, not any individuak or group of individuals.

I'm sorry but this really is clutching at straws. We were very lucky with the header that came off the post. We were clueless and never looked like winning the game.

Both posts!

All good points except the one on Mick McCarthy. My own humble opinion he's not all that.

And perhaps the one that Mills is better than Morgan?

If you pay your money and show support for your club and they give you a season like this one, of half arsed performances and underachievement, anyone who chooses to voice their dissatisfaction by booing players, managers, owners are perfectly entitled to do so. To argue otherwise is to undermine the point of being a fan in the first place. Like a lot of people, I support and cheer until I deem that it is no longer appropriate. We all have that right. My turning point may be different to someone else's, but that doesn't make another person's 'time to turn' invalid.

I suspect NP will get the summer and about ten games into next season to have us at or around the top two. If we're not, like him or not, he'll be history. If he achieves promotion with us next season, he will have earnt every penny he gets paid because there is an awful lot of work to do to make this squad consistently good.

Last night was a case in point. We were totally lacking in ideas to break down a pretty dire opposition. Park the bus against us and you'll get a point or three. It's very frustrating to watch such a clueless performance when you make an awful lot of effort to get to the game, as I had to last night. And it is valid to express additional disappointment due to the fact that the investment in wages alone is second only to West Ham in this league and they've simply not been good enough when it matters. So those players that perform like they are something more than they are (Gallagher), are most likely to get the criticism.

Pearson saying on RL that he was pleased with the effort of the players tells me all I need to know ... he is not the manager to get Leicester City promoted to the Premier League.

It's difficult to tell without 'inside' information but my impression is that Pearson has lost the plot.

I was one of the fortunate one that didn't go to the game - just watched a free but poor quality stream. That was sufficient though to tell that this was a lifeless and hopeless performance against a Burnley side going through the motions but still unlucky not to win.

However, I still hope that Pearson will rediscover the plot simply on the basis that I've no confidence that we will get anyone better. Not sure though that he will be here in August. He would do better to look the situation in the face and acknowledge that this squad doesn't have the motivation nor strength to achieve the club's ambitions.

Someone made a good point the other day saying that players were brought in by Sven on an agenda that we were going to p-ss this league without a lot of sweat being spent - once that myth was dispelled they turned mardy.

Unfortunately Pearson is now projecting the wrong message too. He seems in denial as to how rubbish we are. He should seize the moment, draw a line and say things will now change and it will be about character more than silly wages to total mediocraties.

Unfortunately Pearson is now projecting the wrong message too. He seems in denial as to how rubbish we are. He should seize the moment, draw a line and say things will now change and it will be about character more than silly wages to total mediocraties.

Listening to him last night I think it was pretty obvious that there will be change. I don't think there is anything wrong with him not advertising what those changes will be, even if the two games that are left no longer have importance.

Remember last close season when we were regularly saying who our transfer targets were - and the concomitant inflation of their prices? Am I the only one who prefers NP's softly, softly catchee monkey approach?

Listening to him last night I think it was pretty obvious that there will be change. I don't think there is anything wrong with him not advertising what those changes will be, even if the two games that are left no longer have importance.

Remember last close season when we were regularly saying who our transfer targets were - and the concomitant inflation of their prices? Am I the only one who prefers NP's softly, softly catchee monkey approach?

Hopefully City will spend the off season building a decent squad quietly but I think we'll get a load of PR crap splashed in the press by the owners trying to sell tickets, I can't see any way that the club will sell as many season tickets as it did last year based on this mess of a season.

'twas a truly awful game well worthy of a chorus of boos

We are now in a state of complete amorphous, flaccid mediocrity, and that also deserves a glorious symphony of boos from across the county and beyond

Hardly a single player, or member of the coaching staff, that I can honestly say I would be sorry to see leave the club right now.

It's feckin' tragic

So the fans should only voice opinions if they are positive?

Not at all, but booing a team that has only lost at home once in 2012 is a little bit embarassing!

Interesting how our good home form coincided with better atmosphere in the stadium from the fans even when the team was losing or playing poorly. It was commented on by many on here and also the players/manager.

Strange that when players get booed onto the pitch and the team gets booed off that the performance isnt as good.

Right, this is going to be a long one, so bear with me...

I really do think we've got the makings of a very good squad and we only need to make a few changes to actually compete in the top 6 next season.

I think we're probably alright for strikers now - I would expect Beckford and Nugent to hit double figures next season, and with Waghorn returning and the emergence of Schlupp and to a much lesser extent, Tom Hopper, we've got some options on the bench if needs be.

I would expect Kasper to stay, but I think a couple of defenders might be leaving - I can't see a long term future for Mills, Paintsil or Bamba at the club (for the record, I think Bamba is a very talented player, but I don't think his talents lend themselves to an organised defence, which is key in the Championship) and I would expect a couple of defenders to come in. I think Konchesky and Morgan will both be a staple of our defensive line-up next season, as well as perhaps St Ledger, but I think Pearson will bring in another central defender (he's been a long time admirer of Craig Dawson, who I think would be an excellent signing) and a right back, with Peltier as back up.

The real problem is our midfield and I can't personally see any easy solutions. I think we've got some very good squad players in there, but we need some real quality in the middle of the park. There's no-one in there currently that dictates the way we play, unless you count Wellens slowing the game down no end. I think King, Drinkwater and Marshall are the future of our midfield, but I would say we probably need to add a couple more players in here and this should be the focus of our transfer business this summer. I think Danns can still play a big part next season, but we need to add a proper central midfielder who can win and distribute the ball well and facilitate the obvious attacking quality we have in midfield - we know King and Marshall have got goals in them - so someone in the mould of Tom Huddlestone or Fabrice Muamba would be a good signing for me. Plus if we can find a left winger to replace Dyer in the same mould as Ben Marshall, I'll be very happy.

I firmly believe Pearson's the right man for the job. He started off slowly at Hull too, but he's turned them into promotion contenders this season and I'm sure that if he was still there, they'd be in the playoffs - unfortunately they decided to appoint Barmby and he just seems to be living off the legacy Pearson left behind and things have fallen away there now.

Things look pretty bad now and of course it's been a disappointing season, but I'm already looking forward to next season as I think it'll be an end to the overblown media hype that came with Sven's arrival, I'll be much happier when we go back to going about our business quietly and without much fuss and I'm excited to see what kind of players Pearson will bring in. I'm sure that no-one will argue that, with only a few exceptions, he and his staff always seem to find quality for very good value. He's brought in Marshall, Drinkwater and Morgan for about the same money we paid for Matt Mills during the summer, which certainly puts the outrageous spending of last summer to shame. I look forward to him unearthing the next Tom Cleverly or Mark Davies (rather than the next Dany N'Guessan or Robbie Nielson). I'm already thinking about my London away days for next season and I'm hoping that West Ham don't get promoted this season because that was one of the best games I went to this season and I love the Boleyn Ground.

Here's to the end to the madness for one season. Bring on the next.

Look on the bright side, at least you wont have to endure the bum twitching, life shortening, knife in the heart disappointment which is the play offs like I'll most likely have to again this year. Double Jack and a valium please barkeep.

Look on the bright side, at least you wont have to endure the bum twitching, life shortening, knife in the heart disappointment which is the play offs like I'll most likely have to again this year. Double Jack and a valium please barkeep.

That second leg we played against your lot, culminating in that penalty almost killed me. Never experienced such dizzying highs and such devastating lows in a football match, I really thought we'd done it...

That second leg we played against your lot, culminating in that penalty almost killed me. Never experienced such dizzying highs and such devastating lows in a football match, I really thought we'd done it...

To be fair I didnt think Waghorn's penalty was that bad, he just went for a bit too much power!

Woeful from the very first minute to the very last. We just cannot cope with park the bus tactics it has been our downfall at home for 2 years. It took some UNBELEIVABLE luck to ensure we didn’t lose as Charlie Austin hit the inside of BOTH posts with a header.

I think fans are entitled to boo. After a very disappointing stop-start season of broken dreams. I think if we cheered them off they would probably wonder what the hell was going on.

I'll go with that - and to be realistic it's not good business to advertise the fact that Sven brought in players that were seriously bad value if you have in mind to put them back on the market. Unfortunately, everyone already knows this.

I don't share the view that some others have expressed that the squad just needs some tinkering. It needs radical surgery and a big big culture change.

Pearson has got a very challenging job on his hands and I do go with the view that the local media and club hype has to stop now to adjust expectations to more realistic levels. We are in constant turmoil and this also has to be stopped - guessing i think it will take two to three years to put things right and how you keep the owners on board for that long i wouldn't know. Possibly if no one wants to take the club off their hands they might not have too many choices.

Nonsense! You'll really enjoy that Wembley victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669