Post Match Leicester 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From bouncing out of the ground against Man City to this...

This was the game to show we had really turned the corner, instead we played into Cardiff’s hands and Puehl gets outwitted by Colin.

I can understanding resting players, but the tactics and substitutions can’t be excused...

We are playing insipid football that might see us stay up this season, but it will not attract the players we need or keep the key players already here...

The players of both sides were pretty shit in possession. Created more opportunities for opposing players than they managed for their own team. Cardiff had a plan and fair play to them it worked. **** knows what ours was but it didn't. Only criticism of Puel would be sticking with our lack of a plan. Anything he changed would have had to be using formation though as that bench was ****ing shit....need to ship out as many of our squad players and get new ones in. Easier said than done of course as I can't imagine anyone buying them.

Was happy with the line-up before the game. It did look like an attacking formation and going for that we probably had to select Gray or Gazelle....grim.

In hindsight perhaps Puel should have made more changes to the starting lineup. We lacked energy today. I doubt many teams do well in all of the games over this period, it's too demanding for the players to be at their best every game.

it's like when Graham Taylor replaced Gary Lineker with Alan Smith because England needed to nick a goal. Obvious solution remove Vardy and Albrighton.

he is on radio Leicester saying he needed players to create chances so he took Hamza out and replaced him with Gray who yet again under achieved, Iborra would have been a better solution.
apparently we lost because we lacked freshness

Thought Ghezzal looked decent when he came on. Miles better than Gray who is honestly stealing a living at the moment. Perhaps he should go an “rip the championship up” and we swap him for Harvey.

It was a 50/50 game, nobody really deserved to win it but it was a fitting goal on the day. A reminder that it only takes a second to score, so at 0-0 even though they'd created naff all all game there's always that chance someone could pick out a worldie. For the record, I thought Ricardo was the best player on the pitch again today. Maddison was ok but his set piece deliveries were god awful all afternoon and after the penalty miss he began 'trying too hard' to make amends for the miss by hitting balls that weren't really on...

To those calling for Puel's head, based upon this game; take a look at yourselves. Who is the stunning striker who didn't get to play? Who was saying, before the game, that there ought to have been more changes?

It is blisteringly obvious, that we need a second striker who is able to lead the line. Vardy looked half paced today. What would have been the point on pushing him further? He might easily have picked up an injury.

For the record, I think that Cardiff deserved that win.

A number of them looked like they were running on fumes. Albrighton looked shot, as did Vardy and it was no surprise to see them substituted. Perfect away performance. Cardiff made it a scrap all day and we were unable to impose ourselves on the game.

Well, quelle surprise Monsieur Puel.

1. We looked knackered. We were obviously going to look knackered after two draining games in the last week. But let's pretend that had nothing to do with it.

2. We revert back to type. 4-2-3-1 with two defenders in midfield. It's so predictable, even an old git like Warnock can work us out. We are so easy to play against with this formation and approach against shit teams. It's mind-numbingly stupid. How many times do we have to do exactly the same thing before Puel learns? Answer - he will never, ever learn.

3. Maddison pisses me off. His performance was okayish I suppose. But the penalty? I was behind the goal and he stared at the place he put the ball for ages before taking the kick. I knew where he was placing it. The keeper obviously knew too. Even then, it was a woeful attempt again. Gutless. Any to round it off, he then stands there posing when he could easily have followed it up and put it into an empty net. Twat.

4. Gray. Enough is enough. When will we realise that he's a dud? He'll never be a top player, he bottles it too often and his influence today was insignificant yet again. I'd drop him from the 25 man squad and get Barnes back.

5. Heart went out to Ricardo and Chilwell. Both being battered by too much football and too much expected of them in this formation. Injuries are imminent for both. I wouldn't treat an animal like we're treating them.

6. Well done Cardiff. Shit team, but deserved their win. Says it all about us.

7. Now we send a totally knackered group up to Merseyside on Monday for a game too far. Guarantee we'll lose there too now.

In hindsight perhaps Puel should have made more changes to the starting lineup. We lacked energy today. I doubt many teams do well in all of the games over this period, it's too demanding for the players to be at their best every game.
I
To those calling for Puel's head, based upon this game; take a look at yourselves. Who is the stunning striker who didn't get to play? Who was saying, before the game, that there ought to have been more changes?

It is blisteringly obvious, that we need a second striker who is able to lead the line. Vardy looked half paced today. What would have been the point on pushing him further? He might easily have picked up an injury.

For the record, I think that Cardiff deserved that win.
I dont think it is based on this game I would say it has been the whole of the season so far. Not playing Choudry is inexcusable IMO, and taking Vardy off was total stupidity as was the decision not have Iborra on the bench, this proved Puel was talking garbage in his post match interview on RL.
To say he needed creativity because Cardiff would sit deep and not pick Iborra or Silva who can pass a ball and unlock defended proves he is either mince or stubborn.
he has to go not based on today but the entire first half of this season, momentum is key and he has done his best to disrupt it.

Ricardo and Chilwell were our best two players, but it wasn’t hard to look good compared to some of the shite out there.

That game was typical of everything that people have moaned about, before the superb results of the last week. Slow, laborious build up, to an isolated striker.

I get that Vardy was probably knackered and needed to come off, but why did we wait until he was off the pitch before trying something else to support him? Why not bring on Okazaki or Iheanacho while he was on the pitch, to at least see whether that helped us to break them down? Baffling :017:

What a complete abomination of a game that was

Total and utter rubbish

Gray and Ndidi - TOTAL SHITE
Two defensive midfielders against Cardiff FFS - TOTAL SHITE
Ghezzal and Okazaki coming on - what the feck are you doing, man, they're both feckin hopeless, that's TOTAL SHITE FFS
Demarai Gray (again) - you are nothng but a load of absolute TOTAL SHITE

A completely unacceptable performance in every sngle possible way

Dear God, that was truly, truly horrific

Seems a few people here are remembering the game through the lens of the result and not the result through the lens of the game. We had a dozen or so shots in the first half, and were all over them for most of the second. Yes the passing and fluidity was awful, but it always is when you play a shit team at home during the Chrimbo holidays.

Vardy wasn’t sharp and missed a very good chance, but no one is criticizing him. Maddison’s penalty was atrocious but no worse than a bunch of penalties Marez missed a few seasons ago. He’s probably been one of our best players this season, why so much hate? Morgan wasn’t missed, the defence really had no issues IMO until the goal.

I get that no one likes Puel and it’s easy to blame peripheral players, but Vardy, Albrighton and Okazaki when he came on didn’t play well. Blaming Gray ( who was also poor ) is easy but he isn’t the problem with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't a great perfomance but if anyone had said that Leicester would come out of the last three games with six points most on here would have been happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566