Post Match Leicester 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a great perfomance but if anyone had said that Leicester would come out of the last three games with six points most on here would have been happy.

What the feck has that got to do with anything ?

It's the post match thread, where we've just played like a bunch of hopeless wankers against a genuinely piss poor team. It was feckin hopeless

If anyone had said we'd lose to the shittest away team in the league they'd be feckin shouted down for being so feckin ridiculous

It wasn't a great perfomance but if anyone had said that Leicester would come out of the last three games with six points most on here would have been happy.
fair point however Puel should have really gone for it today as we should have had 3 points which would have been 9 from 3 games.

It's the post match thread, where we've just played like a bunch of hopeless wankers against a genuinely piss poor team. It was feckin hopeless

If anyone had said we'd lose to the shittest away team in the league they'd be feckin shouted down for being so feckin ridiculous
Homer are saying you unhappy with today's performance?

To those calling for Puel's head, based upon this game; take a look at yourselves. Who is the stunning striker who didn't get to play? Who was saying, before the game, that there ought to have been more changes?

It is blisteringly obvious, that we need a second striker who is able to lead the line. Vardy looked half paced today. What would have been the point on pushing him further? He might easily have picked up an injury.

For the record, I think that Cardiff deserved that win.

It isn’t about this game. It is about having watched this kind of game too many times over the course of Puel’s tenure. I think the line up was fine. The problem was our approach to the match. If our wins over Chelsea and Man City show us anything it is that we have talent in the squad and that talent is at it’s best when instructed to press high up the pitch and move the ball forward quickly.

The presence of Vardy and Albrighton is important for this approach as they our best exponents of it. Both were clearly tired today but Puel would have known that and should have been asking others to pick up the slack. That they didn’t suggests to me that they weren’t asked to do so; one man not giving the correct instruction seems more likely to me than him doing so and several men ignoring it. That this has been our approach all too rarely is also evidence for the prosecution.

Of course Cardiff approach the game in a particular way but we know that and should be able to adapt accordingly; plenty of others have managed it. It was a poor performance and a poor result. Much of that - though not all - is down to the approach of the manager. The final third of last season was a missed opportunity to secure European football through league position. Today’s game - an opportunity to pull clear in seventh - is a worrying symptom of a repeat performance. It isn’t really on.

Blaming Gray ( who was also poor ) is easy but he isn’t the problem with this team.

He isn't. But he's an easy target having been nothing but shit for a few years. He's not even improved slightly in that time.

We looked shagged. Totally and utterly shagged. We are also relying on Demarai Gray who offer nothing. He is hopeless.

This was an ideal game for a fresh Fuchs, Okazaki, Evans etc.

Exactly my thoughts. I can't excuse this performance because we happened to have done well in our previous two. It was horrible. Utterly, utterly horrible and Puel must take a huge proportion of the blame. He should have changed shape much earlier and to bring on Iheanacho was bizzare. He'd have been better bringing Simpson on and pushing Ricardo forward - at least there would have been more attacking intent then.

Seems a few people here are remembering the game through the lens of the result and not the result through the lens of the game.
Not me. The result was irrelevant in terms of how I saw that game. If Maddison has stuck the penalty away and we’d have won, I’d still have felt the same way about the performance.

I might have felt slightly better this evening, but I wouldn’t have felt any different in terms of how the game was to watch.

Maybe it looked better on TV? :102:

Not me. The result was irrelevant in terms of how I saw that game. If Maddison has stuck the penalty away and we’d have won, I’d still have felt the same way about the performance.

I might have felt slightly better this evening, but I wouldn’t have felt any different in terms of how the game was to watch.

no it looked shit

Complete boring shit from start to finish.

Get the useless fecker out as soon as possible.

Today was pointless, negative, boring, deep, motionless Toss and I can't watch any more of it.

He's had long enough for today not to happen. He still hasn't got a ****ing clue how to play against lesser teams.

Puel out

No, it didn’t, it was turgid.

It also shouldn’t be the case that just because we won two very difficult games that this was a ‘free’ hit. It renders one of those games pointless in my opinion.

What also annoys intensely is that, after the man city penalty debacle, Puel obviously never got any practice sessions done since. Once again, Maddisons was hopeless.

I was looking forward to Neil Warnock's performance but in fact the highlight of the game was the Cardiff fans singing "Men Of Harlech."

Just before the game the Birch made a nice speech welcoming the Cardiff fans. This seemed to subdue Neil Warnock who had a poor first half. Goodwill to all men is not Neil's strongpoint This is a man who in the Christmas story supports Herod,

In the second half Neil improved greatly when the Cardiff goalkeeper was booked. I presume that it was for time wasting though it may also have involved taking the piss. It was not possible to hear what Neil was saying to the fourth official but it was animated and full of grimaces. It is never difficult to distinguish between Neil Warnock with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.

For Neil the relief of Maddison missing the penalty did not make up for the injustice of awarding it. To Neil's fury the referee failed to award a penalty to Cardiff every time they got in the Leicester penalty area

The Cardiff goal was excellent and saw a dance from Neil that was impressive for a man of his years,

People here banging on about how bad Ndidi was, I think he was OK. The passing by them all today was poor, it just wasn't there.

He was awful, I cannot believe that anyone thinks he had a good game

What about if anyone had said that Leicester would come out of the last six games with seven points. Would most on here have been happy with that?

How far back would you like to take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758