Post Match Leicester 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it is okay to lose to a team that has not won away all season? It's okay to accept a manager who is totally negative? bunch of ****s

You're not making a lot of sense. Puel switches a defensive midfielder for an attacking midfielder and you suggest that he is being 'totally negative'.

3-5-2 is a little tricky with two centre-backs. I guess he probably did know better.
or you could insert a LB or RB wherever the need is to play 3-5-2 depending on the strengths of your two CB but I guess he probably did know better.
Why try and exploit a side that will sit deep probably better to play two defensive midfielders to ensure our back 4 did not get exposed

Spurs lost 3 -1 to Wolves.
Is that Wolves who hadn’t won an away game all season, scoring just five goals in the process?

You're not making a lot of sense. Puel switches a defensive midfielder for an attacking midfielder and you suggest that he is being 'totally negative'.
are you suggesting the Gray was the switch? perhaps Ghezzal? both are wingers not central midfielders, we had no one to spread the ball we played into Warnocks hands

I've got a foot in both camps on this one. You can't make a big deal about resting players for the cup game (which many fans complained about) only to then claim your players were tired in this game as some sort of excuse for the result. Claude is full of shit sometimes. He says we didn't deserve to lose today - maybe he's right, but we didn't deserve to win it either. IMO it was a 50/50 game and Cardiff won the lottery. We didn't create enough and weren't clinical enough with what we did create.

The way I see it is that we're still trying to adapt to the passing style. We needed to add a plan B after we got sussed out with the counter attacking. Claudio failed at that job and ultimately they've bought Claude in to work on the plan B passing game. IMO he's failing. We still struggle to break down teams that sit back. We should be better at set pieces than we are. We know Maguire is a threat from set pieces from the world cup and we know both Maddison and Albrighton can put a quality cross in - yet for some reason, 99% of our corners are dog shit....???

He got a lot of credit for his subs and tactical changes in the previous two games but he made a big mistake changing the line up today, we looked much more solid with Choudhury added to the midfield and that gave Maddison more of a license to get forward too. I'd like to see us try this formation against some of the weaker sides too and see what happens. No doubt they will struggle to break us down too and that hopefully will play into Claude's hands with the possession style of play. His style doesn't seem to suit a more offensive formation.

And please never start Gray again...

or you could insert a LB or RB wherever the need is to play 3-5-2 depending on the strengths of your two CB but I guess he probably did know better.
Why try and exploit a side that will sit deep probably better to play two defensive midfielders to ensure our back 4 did not get exposed

You were arguing for a third defensive midfielder in Choudhury a couple of posts ago.

So, let's recap. You want 3 defensive midfielders against Cardiff and someone playing out of position in a new system but argue Puel is being 'totally negative'. It's probably more that he isn't totally mad.

are you suggesting the Gray was the switch? perhaps Ghezzal? both are wingers not central midfielders, we had no one to spread the ball we played into Warnocks hands

Gray was the switch. Choudhury was left out and Gray came in.

Gray normally plays wide. Who do you think you play the ball to if you want to spread the play other than wide players?

I've got a foot in both camps on this one. You can't make a big deal about resting players for the cup game (which many fans complained about) only to then claim your players were tired in this game as some sort of excuse for the result. Claude is full of shit sometimes. He says we didn't deserve to lose today - maybe he's right, but we didn't deserve to win it either. IMO it was a 50/50 game and Cardiff won the lottery. We didn't create enough and weren't clinical enough with what we did create.

The way I see it is that we're still trying to adapt to the passing style. We needed to add a plan B after we got sussed out with the counter attacking. Claudio failed at that job and ultimately they've bought Claude in to work on the plan B passing game. IMO he's failing. We still struggle to break down teams that sit back. We should be better at set pieces than we are. We know Maguire is a threat from set pieces from the world cup and we know both Maddison and Albrighton can put a quality cross in - yet for some reason, 99% of our corners are dog shit....???

He got a lot of credit for his subs and tactical changes in the previous two games but he made a big mistake changing the line up today, we looked much more solid with Choudhury added to the midfield and that gave Maddison more of a license to get forward too. I'd like to see us try this formation against some of the weaker sides too and see what happens. No doubt they will struggle to break us down too and that hopefully will play into Claude's hands with the possession style of play. His style doesn't seem to suit a more offensive formation.

And please never start Gray again...
I think the f
You were arguing for a third defensive midfielder in Choudhury a couple of posts ago.

So, let's recap. You want 3 defensive midfielders against Cardiff and someone playing out of position in a new system but argue Puel is being 'totally negative'. It's probably more that he isn't totally mad.
no I said why drop Hamza over Ndidi or Mendy ? the fact is Choudry has played well is 21 years old and brings energy to our game.

today needed someone like Iborra to play in a midfield with Hamza and Mendy or Ndidi and two attackers upfront. whether that is Maddison or Shinji is irrelevant, at least we are going for it whilst protecting our defence. it is not difficult Cardiff are a poor side hence where they are in the table Puel was negative today

Gray was the switch. Choudhury was left out and Gray came in.

Gray normally plays wide. Who do you think you play the ball to if you want to spread the play other than wide players?
Gray played in the middle and can not do it, I would play Albrighton and Ricardo on the wings with Iborra in the middle at least he has vision and can pass the ball forwards, Mendy and Ndidi are not that type of player

Gray played in the middle and can not do it, I would play Albrighton and Ricardo on the wings with Iborra in the middle at least he has vision and can pass the ball forwards, Mendy and Ndidi are not that type of player

Seriously?

Maddison played in the middle and Albrighton and Gray played wide. They might have switched on occasion as they've been given licence to roam but that was their default positions.

I think the f

no I said why drop Hamza over Ndidi or Mendy ? the fact is Choudry has played well is 21 years old and brings energy to our game.

today needed someone like Iborra to play in a midfield with Hamza and Mendy or Ndidi and two attackers upfront. whether that is Maddison or Shinji is irrelevant, at least we are going for it whilst protecting our defence. it is not difficult Cardiff are a poor side hence where they are in the table Puel was negative today

Oh. So now you want to play even more players out of position. Why?

Time to take a big deep breath, take a step back and say, bollox.
Tomorrow is another day, we go again

Having now seen the highlights on MOTD, I think the BBC did a good job of making us look unlucky. Whether we were or not I’ll let others debate. The goal was exceptional, though I was a bit surprised to see Camarasa given enough time and space in that position at that point in the game to tee himself up as he did. Arter should have seen red. Maddison’s penalty was as feeble as they come and it felt after that that there was only one winner. Rough day.

Reading this thread has changed my view: I now see that yesterday's defeat was ALL Claude Puel's fault.

If I may distil the arguments presented, Mr Puel;

1. Should have made more changes to the team, as all were tired.
2. Kept exactly the same team, as against Chelsea and Manchester City, because one doesn't mess with a winning team.
3. He obviously told the players not to try too hard because he was frightened of success - and they, for some unexplained reason, obeyed this order.

The man is obviously guilty and should be removed immediately.

May I say, that I am far from convinced that Claude Puel is the man to lead us long term. I am, however, unable to take seriously some of the "reasoning". We will do far better to leave things for this season and review in the summer.

Having now seen the highlights on MOTD, I think the BBC did a good job of making us look unlucky. Whether we were or not I’ll let others debate. The goal was exceptional, though I was a bit surprised to see Camarasa given enough time and space in that position at that point in the game to tee himself up as he did. Arter should have seen red. Maddison’s penalty was as feeble as they come and it felt after that that there was only one winner. Rough day.
About 20 mins before the goal, he was in a similar position and no one closed him down. He had a poor shot that went wide, but we made the point at the time that we were too slow to close him down. The next time it happened, well.......

Seems a few people here are remembering the game through the lens of the result and not the result through the lens of the game. We had a dozen or so shots in the first half, and were all over them for most of the second. Yes the passing and fluidity was awful, but it always is when you play a shit team at home during the Chrimbo holidays.

Vardy wasn’t sharp and missed a very good chance, but no one is criticizing him. Maddison’s penalty was atrocious but no worse than a bunch of penalties Marez missed a few seasons ago. He’s probably been one of our best players this season, why so much hate? Morgan wasn’t missed, the defence really had no issues IMO until the goal.

I get that no one likes Puel and it’s easy to blame peripheral players, but Vardy, Albrighton and Okazaki when he came on didn’t play well. Blaming Gray ( who was also poor ) is easy but he isn’t the problem with this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More or less what I've thought for a long time. I have little expectation that the various permutations of squad players are going to effect this transformation to top six challengers when the core of the team (the remaining immortals plus Maguire, Ndidi and I suppose Mendy) have their own struggles with loss of form, inconsistency, injury niggles, physical decline etc.

I'm still optimistic that we will have a better second half to the season than the first (which has 't been that bad anyway) - as the emergence of the reshaped team progresses.

Reading this thread has changed my view: I now see that yesterday's defeat was ALL Claude Puel's fault.

If I may distil the arguments presented, Mr Puel;

1. Should have made more changes to the team, as all were tired.
2. Kept exactly the same team, as against Chelsea and Manchester City, because one doesn't mess with a winning team.
3. He obviously told the players not to try too hard because he was frightened of success - and they, for some unexplained reason, obeyed this order.

The man is obviously guilty and should be removed immediately.

May I say, that I am far from convinced that Claude Puel is the man to lead us long term. I am, however, unable to take seriously some of the "reasoning". We will do far better to leave things for this season and review in the summer.
I’d like to see him gone, but it has taken a while for me to get to that point, so I see why people would feel like that, though.

If my memory serves me correctly, you weren’t quite so patient when Pearson was in charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263