Post Match Leicester 0 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by every word of it.

It literally used to be my job to call out bad management & I see it at every level of the club.

For the record I've never been one of those who have gone overboard with praise for the owners.
They've provided us with what no others have & thats great & not to be forgotten.

But the hospital donations, the freebies & everything else I dismiss as what they are. PR tools.
In addition I've found other stuff actively distasteful. Honouring the passing of despotic tyrants doesn't make my list of matchday entertainment options & it's never likely to.

The monks pissed me off too. Although that's just personal taste.

I love this club. I've spent untold thousands of pounds over almost 50 years in support of it. Travelled the length & breadth of the country to see the team play, been hospitalised (twice) because I refused to allow mindless thug scumbags to make me stay at home & for the most part been rewarded with disappointment & underachievement. I'm sure that's true for most of us on here.

What's also true is that owners, directors, managers,coaches & players come & go. The people who filled those roles when I started supporting the club are now all either old men or dead. The club remains. It's the club that matters & when I see it being mishandled & its future endangered I'll say so. Loudly. & I really don't care if it upsets anyone.

Everything changed in the last decade & nobody is happier than I am about that. But it makes me more determined to not see it all frittered away. Living on past glories is a pointless exercise. I want to see a decent tomorrow to go with the yesterdays.

As for the training ground, well I cast my mind back 2 decades to when we got a brand spanking new stadium...then almost immediately ended up ****ing relegated, flat broke, in administration & 12 hours away from ceasing to exist. Thus ushering in a decade of shite that made the previously hellish Pleat years seem like a party in the park. I don't want to see that again.

Incompetence & mismanagement needs to be called out wherever it is & whoever perpetrates it.

You don't get to skive off & go to the bogs for a wank & a fag twice a day
I agree with most of what you have said but I also stand by my original post in that the name calling just isn't necessary, unless you personally know the Chairman well enough which I highly doubt.

The PR stunts that you call them well it also doesn't mean anything to me but maybe someone that received treatment in a hospital due to the Leicester owners donation or a 10 year old that got a free T shirt maybe it meant a massive amount to them and maybe they aren't cynical enough to think it's only a PR stunt

Incompetent management is everywhere look at the current government for proof on that, in football it goes in cycles no club has ever been at the top for ever so why should we be any different, we had a perfect storm and made the best of it, there is nothing to say Leicester can't make themselves a long term premiere league team and with the new training ground and planned expansion that's part of that process.
Lock at local clubs like Coventry, WBA, Stoke, Birmingham, even both Sheffield clubs they would all trade places with us in a heartbeat owners as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a bad result in the Leeds game that Rodgers is sacked, it would give the new manager a couple of games to look at the squad and then 6 weeks to work with them during the world cup.

Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that what I won't do is be abusive to you because I don't agree with you or think your managing your posts badly.
What we have in common is we both support Leicester and we both want whats best for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566