Post Match Leicester 0 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two out of five changes were due to returning players. Whilst I could understand these, it should have made for caution about further tinkering.

As to Burnley, you are quite correct, they have added little to their ranks but, they have made a virtue out of a small squad. They cannot replace like for like players in the way that Leicester can. We have a bigger squad, but I wouldn't say more talented. Burnley have to stick to the same team, almost exclusively, and so, at least know each other's play better. How many striking partners has Ulloa had this season? And does our midfield need name badges so that they can call to each other?

The latest stats I can find, November last year, show Burnley having used 22 players and us 25. The only extras I can think we might have used since then are Schwarzer(sp) and Kramaric. Not much difference.

Main difference is that Burnley have a striker that will score at least 15 this season, as well as other goal scorers. We are having trouble shooting on target or even shooting. We seem pretty scared to shoot. I still think that we maybe OK in the end. Just need a settle team and to put Morgan on the bench. I am surprised at just how many mistakes he makes in a game.
Burnley drew from 2 nil up. Good result for us.

I always get the impression that when people write agreeing with you they have not actually read you.

Certainly no one has explained why people who support Pearson and the Thais have "no respect for themselves" or are "an embarrassment to the history of the club." Those who believe that if the club sacked Pearson they would get a better manager should make their case. They are ill-served by such bizarre phrases.

There are plenty of people that think the way that I do. However, there are more that disagree with me. And therein, lies the problem I described earlier in this thread.

By all means, you can attend matches to giggle at the antics in the dugouts but, for many, there is more to football than that. I just know that our crowds in the 70s, 80s, 90s and even the early 00s, would never have been as feeble and compliant as they are just now.

I made my case as clearly as anyone could about a replacement in late November/early December and was ridiculed by pretty much everyone for doing so. There is no point going over old ground. We've got someone in charge that is proving to be an equal of McLintock and Taylor as the most inept managers in our top flight history. And the fools sing his name.

Something occurred to me a little earlier today.

As seems likely we are relegated then I see NO choice but to replace NP. If we kept him then we will no doubt clamour to keep hold of virtually every player we have as surely on last seasons performances this team should be good enough to walk the division.

BUT, having failed miserably this term how will the players react who were part of our promotion and indeed relegation season. Why would they up their game again? If they were to gain us promotion again surely even someone as pig headed as Pearson wouldn't risk lightning striking twice, would he??

I believe he might just do tge same old thing over again. We need to shake it all up a bit and change players who cannot cut it in the premier league as we only have one season to return to the top flight before we are in financial meltdown.

He has to go.

The club isn't resigned to relegation. It just simply looks at the statistics about replacing managers at the stage of the season in the top flight. The window to sack him was gone post Villa away.

Its a bit academic because at the end of the day we tend to agree that Pearson is staying.

That said, as I see it the owners bravely threw the dice in the transfer window but three straight defeats have or less sealed it. This last game was crucial and more or less was it. If there is anything worse than a bad side, its an unlucky bad side. The on coming run of games looks fatal and as someone said the fat lass is clearing her throat. Mind you, its a funny old game (not to coin a phrase) and if we rip apart the Arsenal on their own turf then I will be glad to be wrong (again).

How can you compare him to those two?

Thoey took over established top division teams and destroyed them.
Pearson took over a Championship team, and it appears that we still have one.

You obviously were not around because you don't understand the context of the ill fated McClintock season. Expectations were absurdly high - but it soon became clear that McClintock had a team of goners (as distinct from gooners). He tried to patch it up with more has beens.

Whilst it is still mathematically possible for the club to salvage something from the remaining games, I cannot give up all hope but my belief in this being possible has diminished to its lowest possible point. It is now more of a forlorn hope than a realistic belief.

I am amazed by the level of the manager's delusion, when during the post match interview with BBC radio, he stated that "I have only been disappointed with our performance for one and a half games this season, the first half against Man U and the game against Swansea. We have good players here."

During his long career in football he must by now have realised that performance is no certain means to success. There are no judges on the touchline holding up white cards with black numbers on the front. Fundamentally, success comes from not losing football matches, the basic premise the manager seems to have lost the grasp of.

We can look back at the Summer strengthening activity, the recent window misfortunes, some refereeing inconsistencies, on pitch bad luck etc.

BUT while this DELUDED FOOL is satisfied and "happy with the players efforts" I will gladly hold his sword if he falls in my direction.

I have never felt this level of disillusionment in my 59 years of regular attendance (54 as a season ticket holder).

A manager will never slag off his players publically. If he says that he loses the players which is often the final piece before a sacking.

You obviously were not around because you don't understand the context of the ill fated McClintock season.

Yes he was. So was I

I'm pretty confident that both of us would agree that the comparison is utterly ludicrous, as would anyone else who suffered through that nightmare.

Something occurred to me a little earlier today.

As seems likely we are relegated then I see NO choice but to replace NP. If we kept him then we will no doubt clamour to keep hold of virtually every player we have as surely on last seasons performances this team should be good enough to walk the division.

BUT, having failed miserably this term how will the players react who were part of our promotion and indeed relegation season. Why would they up their game again? If they were to gain us promotion again surely even someone as pig headed as Pearson wouldn't risk lightning striking twice, would he??

I believe he might just do tge same old thing over again. We need to shake it all up a bit and change players who cannot cut it in the premier league as we only have one season to return to the top flight before we are in financial meltdown.

He has to go.
I pretty much agree. We may as well get someone in soon to start preparing for next season. Every team in the Championship will raise their game against a relegated team and I don't believe he will be able to motivate the players sufficiently.

Judging by this thread, it looks as if the majority of fans have lost confidence in him because of bewildering selection decisions and it can only be a matter of time before the players lose their belief in him too, if they haven't already done so.

The latest stats I can find, November last year, show Burnley having used 22 players and us 25. The only extras I can think we might have used since then are Schwarzer(sp) and Kramaric. Not much difference.

According to Soccerbase, Burnley have used 23 in the League this season; we have used 26.

A manager will never slag off his players publically. If he says that he loses the players which is often the final piece before a sacking.

I wish someone would tell that to that Twat Stringer, he seemed utterly perplexed with Pearsons post match comments defending his team.

The last thing the bloke needs is the players turning against him.

What I found most painful about this match was watching Nugent. His ability to get into positions in fairly good, but then it's the finishing that stops him being a reliable fifteen-goal-a-season Premier League striker.

After the one-on-one incident that he totally ballsed up, albeit from a difficult angle, he looked totally devoid of confidence and nothing was working for him.

I used to be the sort of football fan that thinks hitting the crossbar is "bad luck", but that's self-delusion. It's all the same thing: substandard finishing, just like shooting wide of the goal entirely or overhitting it into the stands.

Finishing now seems to be the primary reason why don't win football matches and, for what it's worth, I don't think Andrej Kramaric will score a single goal this season. The pressure on him being portrayed as our saviour is a recipe for disaster. Being dropped into the thick of a relegation battle with the expectation that you need to hit the ground running straight away must be overwhelming for the poor lad.

I wish someone would tell that to that Twat Stringer, he seemed utterly perplexed with Pearsons post match comments defending his team.

The last thing the bloke needs is the players turning against him.

it's not surprising the players and staff won't speak to RL any more after matches. The downside is that, on the way home, we get more hand picked awful callers and more of Stringer's "expert" analysis.

There are actually a group of people who are indeed showing themselves as 'second class' fans, and have done for some time

It's the group who moaned and groaned all last season that Pearson wasn't good enough, and would never get us promoted. Their abject hatred of the man, and his team, meant that they couldn't celebrate and glorify in our promotion like the rest of us did. They accepted it begrudgingly, and started immediately to moan on about how Pearson wasn't good enough to manage in this league.

They couldn't wait for us to fail, and are now revelling in our current predicament. They'll claim not to but secretly they love it, shouting 'told you he was shit' from the highest rooftops and deriding anyone who doesn't hate Pearson like they do.

They are the worst of all who now claim to be football 'fans'. Give me a full kit w@nker, with a half and half scarf, any day over this lot.
They've forgotten how to love and enjoy your football club, even when some of the players often play like complete tools. They can never again love their team like most of us do - they are too bitter and twisted to go back to that point in time when they probably did

If, by some miracle, we escape relegation this season most of us will celebrate it night after night after night. We will recognise it for the most amazing experience we have seen in years (as we did with last season's promotion)

This group would sit in the corner, scowling with hatred and misery. They will point as us and call us mongies, and they will spew out their bile of 'wait until next year, when Pearson REALLY fecks us up - you'll see how right we were when that happens'

They are the truly embarrassing, the real second raters, the genuine embarrassment to the Club and its history.

I despise them

Last edited:
There are actually a group of people who are indeed showing themselves as 'second class' fans, and have done for some time

It's the group who moaned and groaned all last season that Pearson wasn't good enough, and would never get us promoted. Their abject hatred of the man, and his team, meant that they couldn't celebrate and glorify in our promotion like the rest of us did. They accepted it begrudgingly, and started immediately to moan on about how Pearson wasn't good enough to manage in this league.

They couldn't wait for us to fail, and are now revelling in our current predicament. They'll claim not to but secretly they love it, shouting 'told you he was shit' from the highest rooftops and deriding anyone who doesn't hate Pearson like they do.

They are the worst of all who now claim to be football 'fans'. Give me a full kit w@nker, with a half and half scarf, any day over this lot.
They've forgotten how to love and enjoy your football club, even when some of the players often play like complete tools. They can never again love their team like most of us do - they are too bitter and twisted to go back to that point in time when they probably did

If, by some miracle, we escape relegation this season most of us will celebrate it night after night after night. We will recognise it for the most amazing experience we have seen in years (as we did with last season's promotion)

This group would sit in the corner, scowling with hatred and misery. They will point as us and call us mongies, and they will spew out their bile of 'wait until next year, when Pearson REALLY fecks us up - you'll see how right we were when that happens'

They are the truly embarrassing, the real second raters, the genuine embarrassment to the Club and its history.

I despise them

Beautiful. Well said.

How can you compare him to those two?

Thoey took over established top division teams and destroyed them.
Pearson took over a Championship team, and it appears that we still have one.

Of course you can compare them. They all managed City teams in the top league very badly. They all had a pretty strong hand in terms of a decent squad and money to spend. They all mis-judged a lot of members of their squad. They all failed to tactically cope with opponents. They all failed to do something as basic as get their players physically fit enough for the challenge. I could go on.

I certainly wouldn't compare NP to the likes of Adams or Hamilton. They had the odds stacked against them in a big way. Under them, we were penniless and the squad was unsettled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566