Post Match Leicester 0 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't bad really. Not a disgrace or anything like that. The tank was empty by 70 minutes. The inability to score from five/six chances were had cost us. Tactically etc no complaints just shite finishing.

That's not forgetting there's always a goal awaiting for the opposition with our needless free kicks that we give away, a captain with zero confidence and naivety (e.g. not marking the tallest player on the pitch). I can take that provided we knock a couple of goals away.

Little respect for a chap who can get a team from League One to the Premier League? I'm sure this relative of yours will go far!

Blue's post was generally fair bar that. These rumours arise every time when Pearson isn't doing well. By now I have worked out, some folk whether it's fans or staff just don't like his abrupt nature and just can't help spread shit when things go wrong. It could be viewed that Nige effectively saved their jobs for another five years as the parachute money next year is going to come very handy with the huge wage bill we have by Championship standards.

I am all for giving a manager a season provided the players have lost touch with the manager. I think it's clear the players have loyalty with Pearson, so his continued employment by LCFC is dependant on staying up. If he fails, fair enough until then he deserves respect for what he done and support for he's trying to do.

Dont worry about it I think you missed the point.

On the contrary - I think I saw the point that you were trying to make and dismissed it as irrelevant nonsense.

The focus in all this stuff is on the owners.

Looking at the betting odds, there is nothing to suggest that he is any more likely to get the push than before Christmas. if anything - less so.
I think that the club is fully resigned to relegation and doesn't see the point of making the change.

This is one of those bleak phases in the club's history where we're all gutted that a great opportunity to re-establish ourselves in the top flight has been thrown away.

Will it resolve itself quickly? Doubt it. Best case scenario is that we bounce back next season and then get a better manager who is equipped to manage in the PL. I'd prefer that Pearson is sacked now on the grounds of his succession of misjudgements but can't see it happening.

Looking at the betting odds, there is nothing to suggest that he is any more likely to get the push than before Christmas. if anything - less so.
I think that the club is fully resigned to relegation and doesn't see the point of making the change.

This is one of those bleak phases in the club's history where we're all gutted that a great opportunity to re-establish ourselves in the top flight has been thrown away.

Will it resolve itself quickly? Doubt it. Best case scenario is that we bounce back next season and then get a better manager who is equipped to manage in the PL. I'd prefer that Pearson is sacked now on the grounds of his succession of misjudgements but can't see it happening.

The club isn't resigned to relegation. It just simply looks at the statistics about replacing managers at the stage of the season in the top flight. The window to sack him was gone post Villa away.

Last edited:
Irrespective of the announced attendance, there are approximately 4,000 empty seats today.

Really? From about 88 minutes maybe, but no way were over 10% of the total seats not taken.

Burnley are winning again. Dyche, prat though he is, is doing a great job there and he'll keep them up. I don't understand why we're so much worse than them this season though. They have barely strengthened, have they? It's so disappointing that we've gone backwards this season. What a missed opportunity.

Personally, I think the best case scenario is that we stay up.
All to their own, I suppose!

Fans singing 'one Nigel Pearson' again. When we were doing well last season, it could barely be heard ever. Now it's every match, no matter how inept we are. These people are second class fans. People with no respect for themselves. You're an embarrassment to the history of a club that expects better than this.

I always get the impression that when people write agreeing with you they have not actually read you.

Certainly no one has explained why people who support Pearson and the Thais have "no respect for themselves" or are "an embarrassment to the history of the club." Those who believe that if the club sacked Pearson they would get a better manager should make their case. They are ill-served by such bizarre phrases.

Burnley are winning again. Dyche, prat though he is, is doing a great job there and he'll keep them up. I don't understand why we're so much worse than them this season though. They have barely strengthened, have they? It's so disappointing that we've gone backwards this season. What a missed opportunity.

Dyche knows his best team. Five changes for yesterday's match indicates that Nigel Pearson does not know his and, were we to discuss it as a group, numerous squads, playing numerous formations would be espoused. The truth is, that we have too many Championship players, not enough Premier League quality AND a manager determined that his brave boys who got us up, will keep us up.

Dyche knows his best team. Five changes for yesterday's match indicates that Nigel Pearson does not know his and, were we to discuss it as a group, numerous squads, playing numerous formations would be espoused. The truth is, that we have too many Championship players, not enough Premier League quality AND a manager determined that his brave boys who got us up, will keep us up.

Tell me, which premier league players did Burnley buy? Some of the changes yesterday were due to preferred players being available again.

I reckon we will play a lot better now. Odds on favorite for the drop. Arsenal and Man City up next. Enjoy the premier league and play with some freedom.

Whilst it is still mathematically possible for the club to salvage something from the remaining games, I cannot give up all hope but my belief in this being possible has diminished to its lowest possible point. It is now more of a forlorn hope than a realistic belief.

I am amazed by the level of the manager's delusion, when during the post match interview with BBC radio, he stated that "I have only been disappointed with our performance for one and a half games this season, the first half against Man U and the game against Swansea. We have good players here."

During his long career in football he must by now have realised that performance is no certain means to success. There are no judges on the touchline holding up white cards with black numbers on the front. Fundamentally, success comes from not losing football matches, the basic premise the manager seems to have lost the grasp of.

We can look back at the Summer strengthening activity, the recent window misfortunes, some refereeing inconsistencies, on pitch bad luck etc.

BUT while this DELUDED FOOL is satisfied and "happy with the players efforts" I will gladly hold his sword if he falls in my direction.

I have never felt this level of disillusionment in my 59 years of regular attendance (54 as a season ticket holder).

Tell me, which premier league players did Burnley buy? Some of the changes yesterday were due to preferred players being available again.

Two out of five changes were due to returning players. Whilst I could understand these, it should have made for caution about further tinkering.

As to Burnley, you are quite correct, they have added little to their ranks but, they have made a virtue out of a small squad. They cannot replace like for like players in the way that Leicester can. We have a bigger squad, but I wouldn't say more talented. Burnley have to stick to the same team, almost exclusively, and so, at least know each other's play better. How many striking partners has Ulloa had this season? And does our midfield need name badges so that they can call to each other?

I reckon we will play a lot better now. Odds on favorite for the drop. Arsenal and Man City up next. Enjoy the premier league and play with some freedom.

I don't think there is any enjoyment left in football. Not just us, but I don't know any fans who are happy week in, week out. Burnley fans came up with an admirable "let's just enjoy being in the Premier League" but now there are grumblings of discontent according to the fan I work with. Man City and Chelsea fans are always moaning. Odd games give momentary relief, the Man Utd victory for instanc, but in general we all seem miserable. Maybe it's always been thus, but it does seem worse now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669