Post Match Leicester 0 Everton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dawned on me that we have our two most historically infuriating games back to back now.

****s sake

Money needs to go on 1-0 to Spurs. Jose tries to adapt depending on opposition and they'll gladly concede 95% possession for a win with 1 attempt on goal. Probably Dier from a corner.

We were 2 goals down and Madders appeared to playing in a back 4

I noticed he dropped back in an effort to get more involved in the game which tells its own story, we spent too much time slowly knocking it in triangles between Ndidi, Mendy and Fuchs

On our inconsistency, it is worth acknowledging that this was our 8th match in 24 days, including two away trips in Europe.

There is little doubt that our Europa campaign has already cost us a few PL points.

On our inconsistency, it is worth acknowledging that this was our 8th match in 24 days, including two away trips in Europe.

There is little doubt that our Europa campaign has already cost us a few PL points.
Did our Europa campaign contribute towards us ****ing up a 14 point lead over 5th last season as well?

It may well be a factor if it is, why on earth did he play Fuchs tonight he looked shattered before kick off.
Thomas would have added more energy and width I am struggling to think of when Everton were actually dangerous, they had zero pace and hoofed it most of time.

Did our Europa campaign contribute towards us ****ing up a 14 point lead over 5th last season as well?
That would have been 9-10 games over about 35 days so not too different a schedule.

Plus we don't know how much of an impact covid has had on the team given we still are in very unusual times.

I think the above, combined with our youngish squad and high number of injuries can explain our inconsistencies.

Still doesn't make it any less frustrating but the schedule is definitely impacting teams and not just ours - Allan's injury tonight a prime example of it too.

Our Europa campaign makes me wonder about what the ambition for this season is tbh. Are we actually higher in the league than we expected us to be? Would be odd to risk first teamers when we're unlikely to win it and it doesn't seem to help with injuries etc. If we're not back to full strength by the time it restarts I'd sooner we bin it off if some of the expected top 6 are struggling.

So same as all teams then.
And most showed the same up and down results as us.

Not trying to make excuses but I do realise we are still playing in very unusual times and the heavy scheduling is bound to take its toll.

We've played 17 PL matches at home over the last year: W7 D2 L8

No chance of a top four finish with that sort of record. We have a serious problem at home whenever a team sits deep and breaks on us.
So in other words, the best tactics against us is to do a Leicester

Its a weird season - We have to deal with that. Look at Everton. Started like they were world beaters - Then had performances of a pub team - Now looking like they can win anything again. It's just weird! If we get something out of this year then fair play. If we don't, then we won't be the only fans who expected glory and got feck all. Can't wait for real football to come back.

Horrible feeling that Brighton could have been our last points of 2020. ****ing hope not.

Can we petition the PL to play all our games away from home? Might help.

And most showed the same up and down results as us.

Not trying to make excuses but I do realise we are still playing in very unusual times and the heavy scheduling is bound to take its toll.
In our quest to **** up a Champions League place there weren’t too many up results.

Disappointment is understandable. The over reaction, of some, is just silly. I don't believe anybody wasn't trying. I also think that Rodgers put out the most attacking team possible to deal with the expected Everton wall.

In my opinion, we are two players short of a top team. A dominating defender (Big Wes', but five years younger) and a strong striker who can bustle past a crowded defence.

Until we fill these positions, we will always struggle against a well organized team. Fortunately, there aren't too many about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757