Post Match Leicester 0 Everton 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The error from Schmeichel against Everton really made me wonder about him.

He's the second oldest keeper playing regularly in the PL (after Fabianski). He appears to be completely stuck to his line nowadays, which increases the pressure on set pieces.

He's been decent with shot saving this season and that will probably be the last part of his game to decline. However, he has played football for a long time now, maybe he's past his best?

He's the second oldest keeper playing regularly in the PL (after Fabianski). He appears to be completely stuck to his line nowadays, which increases the pressure on set pieces.

He's been decent with shot saving this season and that will probably be the last part of his game to decline. However, he has played football for a long time now, maybe he's past his best?
Sam Johnstone to replace pls

Total overreaction. He was beaten by the conditions and the ball bouncing just in front of him. It came fast off the wet surface and any keeper will tell you that one of the hardest shots to save is exactly the one that beat him.

As above, even the top keepers make the occasional howler and I wouldn't even class that as a howler, more that Kasper has such high standards we normally see that as a fairly routine save.

He's only just turned 34 I believe which is fairly average age for a goalkeeper nowadays.

He also comes across as a naturally/very fit goalkeeper too, the anti-Conrad Logan if you like, so I see no reason why he couldn't be playing top level for another 5 years at least.

Obviously if there was a rapid decline we would have to reassess but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Nah, not having that. It was a completely shit effort at saving that.

But he’s saved us enough times to make up for the very occasional cock-up like that one

Best keeper we’ve had in decades, and still right up there with the best in this league. Replace him at your peril

You could tell by his reaction that he thought he should have saved it. Goalkeepers are under the spotlight more than any other player, they cock up and a goal will often ensue. If Vardy had put that header away a couple of minutes later the game could have been totally different, no one is saying that he's past his best.

Nah, not having that. It was a completely shit effort at saving that.

But he’s saved us enough times to make up for the very occasional cock-up like that one

Best keeper we’ve had in decades, and still right up there with the best in this league. Replace him at your peril

I agree. But he's only going to decline from here. We can debate when that happens but he, Evans and Vardy are not going to improve. One day pretty soon, they'll need replacing.

Plenty of keepers do decline by 34 or even earlier. Some go on for a bit longer. I guess our plan is for Iversen to replace him which makes his role sitting on the bench at OHL a bit of an odd one.

I agree. But he's only going to decline from here. We can debate when that happens but he, Evans and Vardy are not going to improve. One day pretty soon, they'll need replacing.

Plenty of keepers do decline by 34 or even earlier. Some go on for a bit longer. I guess our plan is for Iversen to replace him which makes his role sitting on the bench at OHL a bit of an odd one.
There’s no suggestion that anyone in the club is in any kind of position to replace Schmeichel. I think most of us know Liverpool had our pants down with Ward and ultimately Iversen’s current position in no way suggests he’d be ready for it. Plus, Has Mike Stowell ever improved a single keeper? Like... ever?
We’ll end up signing someone like Nick Pope or Tom Heaton.

I'd take Pope now

So the goalkeeper that has improved whilst Stowell has been here, wasn’t Stowell’s doing.

But the keepers that have regressed whilst Stowell has been here, is all Stowell’s fault.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

I hope Schmeichel has a few years left in the tank. I feel we are ticking down the clock as a club with both him and Vardy. Replacing both of them with anyone decent will not be cheap (a new goalkeeper probably costing even more) and if we fail to do so we could quickly have the nicest swimming pool in the championship.

So the goalkeeper that has improved whilst Stowell has been here, wasn’t Stowell’s doing.

But the keepers that have regressed whilst Stowell has been here, is all Stowell’s fault.

Yep, makes perfect sense.
Totally, isn’t that how it works?

In more positive news, after 13 games with no draws, the much - hyped, rebooted Joe_Fox draw system has been triggered. I'll be betting on a draw for Leicester in our next Premier League match, and if it doesn't happen, doubling the stake in the next Premier League match, and so on, until we draw. Exciting times.
So we have a rollover already then.

Even more reason to look forward to boxing day now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263