Post Match Leicester 0 - Hull 1

Sadly I'm at my estate in Italy for a while longer so couldn't make it today.
Most on the Hull board think we were lucky to get away with 3 minutes extra time. I reckon one more minute could have seen you win it.
Big Nige tearing up trees in Bristol.
You know you want him.....
Ah now the real question is, would you have visited if you’d lost?

Not even sure who your manager is ?
Edit; Liam Rosenior. No Nigel Pearson

My quandry is that I don't know which camp to join. I've never been an advocate of the lump it approach to football but the overcomplication of a simple game isn't something I enjoy either.

Funny innit. I'd be content for us to play sideways Pep/Rodgers/Puel/Sousa stuff if we get results. Not sure I'll enjoy the spectacle but at the end of the day it's a results business. We could try an alternative way of playing and it could be shit...depends on what you think the expected outcome is and if another method would do. My biggest beef with football is clubs just sticking to 1 way of playing even though it's clearly not working.

There's a lot of talk about lack of change and sticking to systems today. In reality, that's not what happened. We were much more direct at times in the second half and we moved the ball through the middle more (when KDH was paying attention). There were definitely some changes to our approach after HT.

Thanks. Strap yourself in because I intend to use it weekly.
Okay. Thus far, I’ve only seen you use it during games when we’re not winning and after a game that we lost. TBF, I may have missed it in the post-match threads after we won.

Shocking officiating today topped off with the decision for 3 minutes. Was Greaves booked twice?
I thought he was too. Maybe the first card was for someone else. As for the 3 minutes that was ridiculous, mind you they could still be playing and not score today.

The only camp any fan should be on is “find an effective way to win more games than we lose”. Thankfully, in his time thus far at the club, our manager, Enzo, has been in that camp.

The only camp any fan should be on is “find an effective way to win more games than we lose”. Thankfully, in his time thus far at the club, our manager, Enzo, has been in that camp.
24 wins and 22 losses would be a poor season.

The Fotmob app. I don't know where they get the data from.
Ah, yes the FotMob app. Funny thing you should mention them. Their offices are next door to my dentist (incidently Kygo’s mother (Kygo, the ECM artist)), and even more incidently actually that whole building used to be the offices of the Telecom company I used to work for back in the day. So now I go to the dentist just down the corridor from where my office used to be and get footie updates from across the same corridor. Thank you, that was all. Back to plastic pep discussions.

Thought we upped the tempo for the last 20 and should have got something out of it.

I hope this Cannon is the real deal because Nacho isn't up for it imo.
Was thinking the same. Have never been convinced he's good enough and even in this league has not scored. Maybe we start with Cannon!

I’d really like to see a performance out of us. Lovely to have results and I would take those above anything else… but I’d love to see us really turn up and play. Have a win that isn’t nervy, or stutter along for 80+ minutes. I’d just love to see a proper controlled assured win. We haven’t really turned up yet.

This was my first game of the season. I was interested to see first-hand how this team had won every match so far. I was surprised to see Yunus in the starting line-up, him having joined a few days ago. I wasn't blown away by his performance and it didn't live up the hype I've gleaned from Turkish people who comment on the LCFC Instagram.

Iheanacho seemed ineffective. It's kind of sad but he's playing in the Championship now and has scored zero goals. You could say he wasn't getting good service but maybe he wasn't making space for himself effectively.

As Brown Nose Brown Nose has alluded to, we should give credit to Hull for an astute tactical performance. They scored early and frustrated us for the remainder of the game. I was expecting, open, free-flowing attacking football but of course that's not what we got. Liam Rosenior knew what he had to do and succeeded.

Nacho was key for us being able unlock them imo but he showed no desire to drop deep into the pocket and have genuine impact on the game.

That movement would be key for us getting wingers or am Advsnced midfielder in behind.

Ah, yes the FotMob app. Funny thing you should mention them. Their offices are next door to my dentist (incidently Kygo’s mother (Kygo, the ECM artist)), and even more incidently actually that whole building used to be the offices of the Telecom company I used to work for back in the day. So now I go to the dentist just down the corridor from where my office used to be and get footie updates from across the same corridor. Thank you, that was all. Back to plastic pep discussions.
Your dentist is Kygo's mum??

Nice.

I saw the Hull goal again this morning and also watched Burnley crumble letting in five to Spurs.

There are some striking similarities in the goals conceded by Burnley this season and the obvious vulnerabilities we are showing.

Hull had to do virtually nothing to take out most of our team. Just a long cross field ball and seven City players were gone. Then they're running at a defender. These are scenarios we also faced in our previous matches.

Burnley are playing the same sort of style to us and getting ripped open over and over doing so. Against better opponents, they're finding that you can't commit five attacking players out of possession and make it work.

This 3-2-4-1 formation can look great when in possession but it looks really dodgy to me when the opposition have the ball.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663