Post Match Leicester 0 - Hull 1

It's not just the players that have to get used to this way of playing, it's the supporters as well.

No one has said we're the finished article.
To have so many changes on and off the pitch takes time to blend.
12 from 15 points, and 2 cup wins as well, is a bloody good haul so far.

This is just a bump in a very long road.

21 created chances shows something is working.
Of those we could have/should have scored from 3 or 4.

Felt like one of those days.

There will be more, but so long as they are in a small minority , all will be well

It's not just the players that have to get used to this way of playing, it's the supporters as w

21 created chances shows something is working.
Of those we could have/should have scored from 3 or 4.
In golf, if it does not even reach the hole, it cannot go in the hole.
In football, if they cannot get the ball directed into a very big space, 24 foot by 8 foot, they are never going to score.
20+ shots/headers into Rows A-Z. Do we not have an Attacking Coach on the books?

In golf, if it does not even reach the hole, it cannot go in the hole.
In football, if they cannot get the ball directed into a very big space, 24 foot by 8 foot, they are never going to score.
20+ shots/headers into Rows A-Z. Do we not have an Attacking Coach on the books?
Bring back Kevin Phillips!

Then you need the define ‘poor’
Indeed it's all relative.

Over the last 10 seasons, an average of 86 points was needed for automatic promotion.

Over the last 5 seasons the average was 84 points.

Lets say 90 points to be safe.

24 to 28 wins or so should do it. That leaves us with 18 to 22 matches to lose or draw.

This league defies logic a lot of the time, like Luton getting promoted last season. But we should have more than enough quality in the squad to beat who we should beat. Those first 4 wins puts us in a great position.

Now Southampton and Norwich away are going to be the real test of where we are. Nice little break should be great for the squad to train, gel and newbies to settle in!

I'm noticing a wonderfully silly split between our supporters.

The 'get it forward' brigade vs. the 'pseudo analysts'. Despite what you may expect, it is not determined by age. It's clear that you can be an old analyst or a junior lump it merchant.

The honesty comes from the 'get on with its'. They know what they want to see and they will just shout for it. The new innovation are the clever dicks who know exactly why that pass was to him instead of to him and spout the trendy 'breaking the lines' horseshit constantly.

The shouts of frustration from the analysts come when a passing lane is missed. 'Oh for goodness sake Doyle, didn't you see the inverted run from the number 8 into the number 6 position. It was sooo obvious?'.

My quandry is that I don't know which camp to join. I've never been an advocate of the lump it approach to football but the overcomplication of a simple game isn't something I enjoy either.
Perhaps a blend of both is the key? I am not sure if it is over confidence but we lack urgency for large periods of the game. I disagree with your previous comments regarding Hull having actually watched our games, every side we have played thus far have done exactly the same as Dull, they sit deep and look to counter.

Puel said it over and over and I believe Rogers said it often as well (apologies for paraphrasing them) , we MUST play with tempo when a team wants to sit deep, if we can master this we will pull defences apart and create more scoring chances. Looking over the previous games we have had the greatest success when we are able to move the ball diagonally from one wing to the other, sometimes the long ball is effective, even though it may not be aesthetically pleasing.

I am baffled why we are not playing two upfront with Nacho this makes him so much more effective imo. Glass is defo half full for me.

Perhaps a blend of both is the key? I am not sure if it is over confidence but we lack urgency for large periods of the game. I disagree with your previous comments regarding Hull having actually watched our games, every side we have played thus far have done exactly the same as Dull, they sit deep and look to counter.

Puel said it over and over and I believe Rogers said it often as well (apologies for paraphrasing them) , we MUST play with tempo when a team wants to sit deep, if we can master this we will pull defences apart and create more scoring chances. Looking over the previous games we have had the greatest success when we are able to move the ball diagonally from one wing to the other, sometimes the long ball is effective, even though it may not be aesthetically pleasing.

I am baffled why we are not playing two upfront with Nacho this makes him so much more effective imo. Glass is defo half full for me.

I don't think that's what Hull did at all. They attempted to outdo us at our own game in the first half and only dropped deep and did the counter attack thing in the last 20 mins or so.

Indeed Rosenior spoke quite candidly after the game about the 'special' approach he had taken for the game and how brave his players were to trust it and carry it out.

On the two up front thing, I find it ironic to see that Man City are now doing this. Just as Arteta and Kompany and Maresca copy his 'futuristic' style, he changes it to something else. Thereby surely proving to them all that the whole formation thing is a load of old toss. What really matters is buying up all the best players.

I don't think that's what Hull did at all. They attempted to outdo us at our own game in the first half and only dropped deep and did the counter attack thing in the last 20 mins or so.

Indeed Rosenior spoke quite candidly after the game about the 'special' approach he had taken for the game and how brave his players were to trust it and carry it out.

On the two up front thing, I find it ironic to see that Man City are now doing this. Just as Arteta and Kompany and Maresca copy his 'futuristic' style, he changes it to something else. Thereby surely proving to them all that the whole formation thing is a load of old toss. What really matters is buying up all the best players.
Your obsession with Pep Guardiola is strange.

I’m going to go as far as saying that Pep Guardiola is ruining football as a spectacle.

Too many managers trying to replicate what he does with poorer quality players, resulting in a slow, boring, pedestrian pile of horse shit.

I’m going to go as far as saying that Pep Guardiola is ruining football as a spectacle.

Too many managers trying to replicate what he does with poorer quality players, resulting in a slow, boring, pedestrian pile of horse shit.

That's not really Pep's fault.

It's the spineless managers who haven't got the bottle to find a way of playing that suits their own players.

How some Leicester fans want us to deal with every ball the defender has

It's really not that. I can't imagine many fans want us to lump it regularly.

For me, it's the self indulgence of the pass forever approach that winds me up. It's all about the coach and the players doing the trendy thing, rather than the right thing to win a game.

Rather naively I know, but I think the game should prioritise entertaining fans above executing some system.

The boos on Saturday were mainly towards the referee. If there were any towards the side, it would be about their keeper not having a meaningful save to make all afternoon.

If we can play this style and entertain, I'm all for it. But it's been mostly incredibly dull so far.

No right or wrong way to play football but different approaches are required for different opposition or at times in games.

Only the very best teams/players can constantly dictate the style of play and we are certainly not one of those, hence why we are in the Championship.

It’s not the passing/ball retention thing that’s the problem - everyone understands and gets that

It’s how quickly you execute it - I.e. shift from the back to midfield, to the wings

Our back three (four), take absolutely forever. A high quality team does it quickly

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563