Post Match Leicester 0 - Hull 1

As per the other thread, it's the Danish Donkey that slows things down for us.

It's actually the fact the movement in front of the defenders is a load of old shite.

Too slow and not enough energy from midfield.

I don't think that's what Hull did at all. They attempted to outdo us at our own game in the first half and only dropped deep and did the counter attack thing in the last 20 mins or so.

Indeed Rosenior spoke quite candidly after the game about the 'special' approach he had taken for the game and how brave his players were to trust it and carry it out.

On the two up front thing, I find it ironic to see that Man City are now doing this. Just as Arteta and Kompany and Maresca copy his 'futuristic' style, he changes it to something else. Thereby surely proving to them all that the whole formation thing is a load of old toss. What really matters is buying up all the best players.
BN,

I completely agree with your points in bold the frustrating thing is we have the depth in our squad to change things up at any given point in a game. I think Homer hits the nail on the head, it is about our ability to shift the ball at speed.

If the players can not do it at pace then the formation or system needs to change, for me Vestergard is the weak link in what the manager is attempting to do, we can not execute a high press because one of our CD has no pace.

That is for us to resolve and I believe we will.

I'm not worried.

We definitely need to play well coming out of the break though. Could be season-defining as mad as it sounds. Two of our toughest matches back to back.

Two defeats (entirely plausible) will have everyone on edge. Two wins (equally plausible) and confidence will be sky high. Of course, 6 points one way or the other isn't going to define the season - but if we stumble through those two matches, patience will start wearing thin, especially amongst those that already have the hump (BN).

Just to point out, it's not actually the speed that the ball is moved that is crucial. It's the decision of when to move the ball forward and the actual change in speed that are important.

Any team can move the ball with pace but that doesn't necessarily mean penetration.

you can't play 100 mph football for 90+minutes.

some of our counterattacking football, from the edge of our own area has actually been bloody good to watch.
doesn't always get the result the movement deserves

as Enzo said, we need to be more clinical.

That's not what the chart says.

Fair enough but the chart isn't just measuring speed, it's also measuring the number of passes. If you're generally slow and pass a lot, it doesn't do a lot for most fans. The point of the chart is to show the combination of the two factors.

And with 7 goals from 5 games, so far there isn't much of a return for the ensurance challenge of watching it.

Fair enough but the chart isn't just measuring speed, it's also measuring the number of passes. If you're generally slow and pass a lot, it doesn't do a lot for most fans. The point of the chart is to show the combination of the two factors.

And with 7 goals from 5 games, so far there isn't much of a return for the ensurance challenge of watching it.
12 points from 15 says there is!

if we'd been more clinical, we could well be sitting on 15 points , but hey , Rome wasn't built in a day

How many goals have Southampton scored?

And with 4 wins from 5 games, there is a good return for the endurance challenge of watching it. Well at there is for me and a number of other fans.

But if your original post were to be correct, Swansea and Preston would be playing 'next Friday' and not us and Southampton.

Look at all those teams who are faster and more direct that us... and lower in the league table than us.
And have a fraction of our budget.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464