Post Match Leicester 0 Liverpool 3

Matt Piper was absolutely devastated on the radio last night. For me he's calling it exactly right, yes Rodgers was obviously at fault, maybe for the majority of what has happened this season, but you don't just fall from winning the FA cup and finishing 5th two years ago to abject relegation - there's clearly something rotten all the way through the club at the moment.
What he said in that segment was absolutely bang on.

BR destroyed this team with his absurd negativity towards them after they achieved so much.

We should have sacked him immediately

What he said in that segment was absolutely bang on.

BR destroyed this team with his absurd negativity towards them after they achieved so much.

We should have sacked him immediately

How did this end up happening? How did BR lose his way like that?

How did this end up happening? How did BR lose his way like that?

The club realised (far too late) that allowing Rodgers to control everything was a disaster.

Our spending was out of control. Our wage bill was ludicrous. Our recruitment was appalling. Our medical set up was calamitous.

When the club wrestled control back, Rodgers had a massive strop and thought 'bollocks to this' and did whatever he could to get sacked, pocket a massive payoff and then get a new club that would let him spend like a twat again.

The club realised (far too late) that not sacking Rodgers immediately when this happened was the only sensible move.

Aiyawatt, Rudkin and Whelan then realised (far too late) that they hadn't got the faintest idea what to do next.

There were individuals trying, it just wasn't collective. Madders illustrated often that he was trying to do too much, one touch too many, trying to win it on his own. Maybe trust has gone and there is acrimony, distrust and blame in the squad. Whatever, we ceased functioning as a team.
Agree with the bit about not being a team. It reminded me of the old footy computer games where the player in possession lights up and does something while all the others just stand there until they get the ball and then they light up and do something…….except they didn’t do much!

There was hope but now it's all just going to anger about how gutless and demoralising it is. I think all the things we did well and now it's all a broken mess. A team that lost twice to Bournemouth and Southampton does not deserve to stay up. I'm sort of hoping someone might buy us like Newcastle and spunk billions into us but then that might be Saudi oil money. But they don't appear to care about that

"I can't question the players and I won't."

On what he has said to his players, Smith said: "Not an awful lot. It's a tough time to lift the players. Liverpool made it very tough for us. We have to keep believing."

You can **** off too.

It your ****ing job to lift the players. It’s your job to question them.

It beggars belief that our manager would bother uttering such tripe. I don’t say an awful lot but “we have to keep believing”. Amazing stuff. He’s left the building along with the rest of them. An empty shell of a club. Painfully sad.

Keep believing - That's the main thing. I'm sure we'll be Ok.

It was ****ing horrible, make no mistake. Maddison is getting the same stick he gets from the same posters which is to be expected but the fact is, he was the only one trying to do anything at all and he was looking around him at a bunch of hopeless wankers that were doing nothing at all to help him. He's wasted here and I understand exactly why he can't wait to **** off but accusing him of not trying is ludicrous.

Ndidi, Faes, Barnes, Soumare, Castagne.... I can't make any more excuses for these ****ers. They were just completely shit. Again.

Evans isn't fit. It's not his fault, he shouldn't have been there. He was trying his best but it isn't good enough any more.

Vardy? He can't play this way. He must be in a 2. We tried it once. We won. Smith is a total and utter **** in wasting this one chance to get the best out of him.

Nope, Evans wasn't 100% Clear as day. Another dice roll. We've reached that point where we're trying anything. I get that.

"I can't question the players and I won't."

On what he has said to his players, Smith said: "Not an awful lot. It's a tough time to lift the players. Liverpool made it very tough for us. We have to keep believing."

You can **** off too.

It your ****ing job to lift the players. Its your job to question them.
Maybe he simply can’t be arsed. In one ear and out the other

Yep, we have royally ****ed this up for at least half a bastard season.

Only LCFC could be this ****ing inept on the back of being so ****ing successful.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463