Post Match Leicester 0 Liverpool 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, we have been fantastic this season and the players and manager deserve a lot of praise for their efforts. But tonight was terrible.

I think Rodgers should take a lot of the blame though. The tactical setup for the last 2 games was at best naive. We have given the 2 best teams in the country the freedom of the flanks. The team has looked lethargic for several weeks now, and rather than rotate we have run them into the ground. I know we don't have the largest squad, but we have enough capable players to have rested a couple, particularly in midfield where Tieleman's and Madison seemed incapable of running tonight.

Ok, hypothetical question time. Would you take a cup and mid table this year?

Chucked it in tonight, the last two games have been the worst since the Palace one that got Monsieur Intesiteee sacked.

Exactly. All this changing the system to suit the opposition bollocks doesn't work if the players can't ****ing play the new system. They've produced exactly the same docile, shitty performance in both games & shipped 7 goals after being the tightest defence in the league before that!
It also sends a message to the opposition:

" Hello. We're Leicester & we don't trust the normal way we play to be good enough to beat you. We're changing everything because we're shit scared of you. Can we have your autographs please?"

It's ****ing embarrassing. I'd have been fine with taking a belting tonight if it had been off the back of us going for their throat. But that pathetic surrender? **** off.

Spot on

I’ll take anything that doesn’t end in crushing humiliation. It’s called supporting Citeh!

We're currently 14 points above mid table. If we collapsed badly enough to finish there in the 2nd half of the season we wouldn't be winning any cup.

Embarrassing.

Barnes should be no where near the first team at the moment.

Awful performance all round and manager not much better.

We have been totally outclassed in the last two games but to think we are going to sink down the table is abit extreme. I think we need to remember some of the absolute shite that exist from 4th down. Does anyone seriously think that we are going to be fighting it out in mid table?

What an absolute horror show of a performance that was. We were diabolical to a man. The worst two players on the pitch were Barnes and Maddison (again). They've given three stinkers each in a row now.

However, the blame has to be pointed at their manager rather than them. They've been given a completely unworkable tactical plan AGAIN. We've just asked them to out pass and out play Liverpool and Man City in less than a week. That's stupidity beyond any rationalising. Rodgers has just shown in three successive games (as we were also terrible against Norwich) that he's (hopefully) temporarily lost the plot.

To compete with these last two opponents, you need a game plan. You need to main players to show up. You need the energy and passion. We've had none of these and the performances have been really woeful.

We now have a battered and bruised group that have to go again in less than 48 hours. For me, as I've said, that's another poor piece of management as he's not rotated and rested key players when the opportunities have arisen.

Brendan is now the third best paid manager in the league. He needs to up his game if we're judging him by those standards because these errors are inexcusable.

That was really bad. Really really bad.

Biggest concern for me is that since Norwich our heads have gone.

We need to find confidence and fast.

Embarrassing.

Barnes should be no where near the first team at the moment.

Awful performance all round and manager not much better.
Our best spell was when Albrighton came on right up to the penalty (where we finally downed tools). Barnes does need to be benched. Maddison needs to actually play in his position.

I thought we had a system that was working pretty well. I’m still not quite sure why we started changing it, even if we did win at Villa.

For me Rodgers bottled it over the past two games, this squad has some real quality that can hurt anyone, balance is key there are sides we face where we need grafters i.e. Liverpool and Man City that is where you drop your show ponies like Barnes and Perez for Albrighton and we'll we need another winger, maybe Justin could have had a cameo who the **** knows.
There was nothing for the fans tonight and we made it easy for Liverpool who are no where as good as Man City!

Brendan needs to find the balls to bench Maddison and Tielemans in these games they just don’t offer enough if we aren’t dominating the ball
Maddison would offer much more if he wasn't being played as some kind of ****ing winger or fullback or some other shit that kills all of his creativity.

Absolute insane madness from Rodgers.

i mean, what the actual **** was he thinking ?
Has he even watched Liverpool play this season, ever ?

I can happily dig out the players all night long - especially Barnes, Maddison and Tielemans who were all ****ing awful - but as two of them were played completely out of position in a system that was almost designed to gift Liverpool free reign to do what the **** they want, I think we ought to leave them alone

****ing awful, overthinking a ludicrous game plan to levels of ****wittery that is beyond belief, when we have played all season in a system that suits our players down to perfection

We deserved everything we got , and were genuinely lucky to get nil - and it’s 100% at Rodgers’ door

A horrific night of total shit on the pitch, matched only by our lovely fans who ****ed off out of the stadium when only two nil down with twenty minutes left to play. Awful, awful entitled bastards, every one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669