Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC Nothing But(t) crap(crack)

Luckily it was on ESPN in Buenos Aires. These Spanish commentators get too excited for nothing though. And they pronounce Albrighton "olreeton."

Great game, end to end, caveman football I call it. Not a thought just throw it back the other way as fast and as thoughtlessly as possible. We could played out a bit better from the back.

I feel like shouting "man on" to Inler every time he's on the ball. He was well off the pace, though a very tough match for him to start in. He had a game high 7 interceptions I think.

Wes is in the form of his life. Huth was a rock. Kasper was super. Simspon and Fuchs were sex.

Vardy needs a rest...and Albrighton and Mahrez. I suspect Kante may need to at some point also. Kante is so damn good.

I really don't get all the negative reaction to Inler's performance.

He gave the ball away a lot, and was a bit crap when distributing.

We mustn't play 3 midfielders from now on as we will lose as many or more than we will win.

He was slow and kept giving the ball away and getting caught in possession.
I think he was just far too negative. Always looking to go backwards and, as Jeff points out, very slow with his movement and, indeed, his decision making. Like I said, I think some of his defensive work was okay. He cleared up a couple of times but is he better than what I've seen from Andy King? Not even close.

Fair enough; it's a game of opinions. I will admit that Drinkwater looked better after the change of shape. It was really refreshing for us to be attacking in the final few mins.

Real gutsy performance and yet again little Leicester refuse to lay down against the big boys. I thought Morgan, Huth, Simpson and Kante were unbelievable tonight.

As much as I would love to see Inler succeed he is too slow, constantly gets caught in possession, we looked much better when we reverted to 4-4-2 and I think that has to be the formation we use for the majority of games for rest of season. The big challenge is finding the right player to come in and play the no 10 role consistently and provide some much needed support to Mahrez and Vardy.

I agree that the front thee all look like they could do with a rest. It's a real shame Schlupp isn't available.

Inler needs games to get fit and to adapt, not sure he'll get the run he needs though, especially with James coming back.

But on the Sky stats he was the highest of the City players for tackles and interceptions.

Really? I ask because despite me thinking he's been shit for us I didn't think he all too bad considering and that would back it up a bit. He hardly plays and was up against the most expensive team in the league (I assume) and I thought he was there to spoil their game. He did an alright job ignoring the shit distribution but I doubt he was in there to carve out the opportunities for us.

This exactly. He was the only real weak link for me today. Excellent gutsy performance today by the lads and a well deserved point. Actually thought we were going to nick it at the end. If we take that energy and performance into the second half of the season we're definitely going to be top 4. Happy days!

I agree that the front thee all look like they could do with a rest. It's a real shame Schlupp isn't available.

Even though I love the cup and every season want to see Leicester go on and win it. I definitely think we'll be fielding a weakened team vs Spurs and for the first time I'd probably be happy to do so.

Vardy, Albrighton and Mahrez have looked like they're running on empty the past couple of games.

Even though I love the cup and every season want to see Leicester go on and win it. I definitely think we'll be fielding a weakened team vs Spurs and for the first time I'd probably be happy to do so.

Bollocks to that. Get them on some energy drinks to get through the next few games then it's only Villa to follow where they can have a few days of sleep. I'll go in nets and we only need another 10 or so off here and it's points in the bag.

A good point won there, rather than 2 dropped but a clear indication that we need to revert to 442 in the next game v Bournemouth and treat them with a lot of respect to earn the right to win.
I thought Fuchs, Kante, Morgan, Huth and Schmeichel were the standouts but Vardy Mahrez and Albrighton carried enough of a threat to ensure that were never completely under the cosh. We could have snatched it with a couple of good openings.
Looking at 2016. We only have 1 game a week for the next few months and so burnout shouldn't really be an issue we can point at if our performances drop off. The other teams at the top will play 10 or 15 more games than us at least this year.
Manon Inler was off the pace on the ball as expected, although you cant deny he put in a shift defensively . I wouldn't have him in the team for the Bournemouth game. I would give him a run out (along with Kramaric, Ulloa, De Laet, Was) in the FA Cup against Spurs and then go hell for leather against them at White Hart Lane with a fresher set of players.
I think January needs to see us bring in 3 ish players and not lose anyone, but only if they are considered purchases that won't unsettle the squad. There's no point getting a £15m striker or 'name' centre mid in who is going to f*ck everyone off and not bust a gut. I trust the current regime to do that though.

A simply magnificent defensive performance from the back four. Wonderful, every one of them - ably protected by Inler playing right in front of them. They were superb.

Where the tactical set up stopped them playing ( by them I mean everyone but Villa, who was brilliant) , it unfortunately left Vardy completely isolated. Playing that system demanded that Kante or Drinkwater get the feck up the pitch to help, but they were just a few yards too deep. Pity, because it very nearly worked on a couple of occasions

Enjoyed this game a lot - and a nice free beer as well

Onwards and upwards into 2016

Ranieri's strategy with 4 fast Man City forwards was obviously to put Inler in as defensive cover to try and protect Was and Huth, which he largely did do.

Unfortunately it left left Vardy plowing a lone furrow with little service.

Very solid defensive performance. Inler I thought grew into the game. He needs to learn the Kanye trick of getting the ball and getting it away from him straight away.
Thought Fuchs was MOTM tonight. Our best player.

Otamendi should have been off, scumbag he is. Very few decisions our way. Summarised by what should have been a corner from the Fuchs free kick and was given the wrong way entirely. Couldn't have been clearer that it came off a man city head.

Solid result. Onwards and upwards!

BT sport gave MOTM to Sterling which I thought was an odd decision. Yes he played well (first half) but surely he is there to score or create a goal, and he didn't manage that. The 8 defenders on the other hand, and two keepers not to mention Kante, kept out the two top scoring teams in the division.

BT sport gave MOTM to Sterling which I thought was an odd decision. Yes he played well (first half) but surely he is there to score or create a goal, and he didn't manage that. The 8 defenders on the other hand, and two keepers not to mention Kante, kept out the two top scoring teams in the division.
BT sport can suck a donkey's rear. Clueless tools.

Is Michael Owen still there?

Very solid defensive performance. Inler I thought grew into the game. He needs to learn the Kanye trick of getting the ball and getting it away from him straight away.
Thought Fuchs was MOTM tonight. Our best player.

Otamendi should have been off, scumbag he is. Very few decisions our way. Summarised by what should have been a corner from the Fuchs free kick and was given the wrong way entirely. Couldn't have been clearer that it came off a man city head.

Solid result. Onwards and upwards!

Ulloa was offside after the Fuchs free kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572