Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame Nacho had to go off. Was tremendous first half.

Thought Vardy was poor today. Tielemans wasn't great either. Everyone else played well.

Unlucky to lose! They just had that bit more quality at the end really.

Perez should've been on sooner.

How did their keeper nto get a red for almost knocking Nacho out? Accidental but he double punched him in the head!

We went toe to toe with Man City in every way except our aggression. We're soft as shite.

When we had a penalty shout, our players go "excuse me referee, could I trouble you to look at that?". Man City get a similar shout and surround the ref and apply pressure.

When we break on them, they foul us. It's awful but it's effective. When they break on us, (as they do for the goal), we wave Mahrez through our side with a "go on young man, you're splendidly good aren't you".

This isn't luck. This is a key part of the game that we are awful at. And it keeps costing us.

Brendan Rodgers needs to either turn some of these boys into men (I'm looking at you Maddison) or sign some men. And he needs to up his game too. Just heard him spouting the same banal rubbish about VAR, likes it but they've not quite got it right etc. No Brendan. They're fecking us over and you should be saying so. That gets into the heads of officials and they think twice in the future.

Aside from the fact that we've lost the four matches against Liverpool and Man City this season, what has happened in each of these games?

Four matches, four penalties given against us. No penalties given for us.

Referees are ****s. VAR referees are spineless ****s.

Aside from the fact that we've lost the four matches against Liverpool and Man City this season, what has happened in each of these games?

Four matches, four penalties given against us. No penalties given for us.

Referees are ****s. VAR referees are spineless ****s.

Maybe its age but I'm longing for the days of previous seasons when you could question if one match official was bent.

That said, if there's dodgy stuff now it's much deeper rooted and us tin foil hat lot are ready to rolf our tits off at the naysayers.

I enjoyed the game but I am seething at how we just let them score. What’s the point in working so hard for 80 minutes if you are going to stand off and let your opponent have a free shot. It is ****y. Really ****y.

Robbed by utter incompetence - by the ref, by the VAR twats, and by our own shit defending

Other than that total shit, we played very well indeed. Fuchs and Praet were my pick of the pack - but not bad all round. Even the crowd gave it some wellie for most of it

Madison, however, was complete wank

Why do Tielemans and Maddison spend all game waiting for the ball? Go meet it and take charge!

Also Tielemans needs a training regimen that involves him running constantly as he seems to have forgotten how

I don’t think we were robbed. I think they were just a little better than us.

That said, I was pleased in general with how we played. It was the first time this season I’ve seen us play with a bit of bottle against one of the bigger clubs. We pressed well and passed with attacking intent for the first hour after which I thought we flagged a bit but still tried doing the right things.

None of that is to say there weren’t negatives. Vardy and Chilwell were poor and Tielemans didn’t think quickly enough in possession. The goal was appalling, too; I could see exactly what was about to transpire as soon as Mahrez got hold of the ball.

Still, we’ll be fine. We’re nowhere near as good as the top two, quite a bit better than Chelsea, and superior to the rest by miles. We’ll finish third, probably by some distance.

Very worried at our response as a team after the goal.

Completely went to shit in every regard.

VAR has ruined foot football, its a ****ing joke.

2 penalties not given and the second would also have been a red card is a robbery

Put our chances away, make better attacking decisions and don’t concede a soft as shit goal and we win. It’s piss weak to blame things we can’t control. Get better at the things we can and shit decisions are moot.

Very worried at our response as a team after the goal.

Completely went to shit in every regard.

VAR has ruined foot football, its a ****ing joke.

I wouldn’t say I’m worried. It was noticeable though I though the signs were there after their penalty.

Agree on VAR. It’s awful. It has made going to matches much worse. I never asked for decisions to be 100% accurate and didn’t really care that they were only >95% accurate before. It ruins the flow of the game and it can **** off.

Tielemans has been horrific for ages.
No way he should bd playing at the minute

The worrying thing is that this is what he did at Monaco

I thought Tielemans had one of his better games for the first 70 or so today.
Matty James looked like he’d won a competition. Not convinced he’ll make it back properly, ever.

I thought Tielemans had one of his better games for the first 70 or so today.
Matty James looked like he’d won a competition. Not convinced he’ll make it back properly, ever.
Me too. I think both he and Maddison are getting a hard time despite the fact that every chance we created tonight came through them. Some of Maddison's passing was superb and Tielemans had some very lovely touches. I do worry that Tielemans is absolutely dead on his feet by 70 minutes every single game and becomes a passenger. I don't think there were any particularly poor performances tonight and I thought both Soyuncu and Fuchs, in particular, were excellent but the latter and Chilwell really needed to deal with Mahrez for their goal. Chilwell's passing and running the ball out of play was a source of constant frustration but he looks much better with more defenders behind him.

Both the de bruyne and ederson ones first half were penalties. Hes barely glanced the ball and nearly killed iheanacho and de bruyne has done exactly what Praet has done. Mental

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363