Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched it again in MotD. Mahrez had Chilwell on toast all game but the goal was really all Fuchs. He lets Jesus run without any form of protection and I think that's what Chilwell is shouting at him. Mahrez was different gravy though.

Just watched it again in MotD. Mahrez had Chilwell on toast all game but the goal was really all Fuchs. He lets Jesus run without any form of protection and I think that's what Chilwell is shouting at him. Mahrez was different gravy though.
yeah you could see Chilwell thinking do I need to go with Jesus now as Fuchs was no where on that occasion, I actually think he was defending Mahrez to instruction as there were always 2 or 3 players to crowd him out.

Someone near me screamed at him to show him down the line, he was, but Mahrez never goes down the line

yeah you could see Chilwell thinking do I need to go with Jesus now as Fuchs was no where on that occasion, I actually think he was defending Mahrez to instruction as there were always 2 or 3 players to crowd him out.

Someone near me screamed at him to show him down the line, he was, but Mahrez never goes down the line
Chilwell did need to be tighter all game. He gave Mahrez so much space time after time but it was harsh of me to implicate him for the goal. He could've been tighter but Fuchs must, must, must track the run of Jesus.

Mahrez ran for fun through our entire midfield and defence. All culpable. Shocking

Mahrez ran for fun through our entire midfield and defence. All culpable. Shocking
We have yet to understand the tactical side of the game that the more experienced sides have.. someone/anyone should have chopped him in half way before he got close to being a danger.. taken a yellow for the team. As so often happens against us

we also need to be much more of a shithouse 11, compare the reactions to the KDB hand ball and the Praet one, their whole team practically went to the ref, did any of ours even appeal?

Man City‘s pathetic narrative that they’re perennially hard done to and unfairly treated sort of falls flat on its face when two sets of officials choose not to punish two blatant penalties and a red card.

Hearing their fans sing in support of their bent as **** ‘it’s all fake news’ regime makes me feel physically sick. Horrible, plastic, bent, heads in the sand wankers.

And they have the ****ing nerve to play the victims. I’m not even angry because this kind of shit is turning me right off football. I felt sorry for the lads yesterday, I can take losing to anyone fair square but that bunch of whiny spivs? Ugh, vile organisation.

Man City‘s pathetic narrative that they’re perennially hard done to and unfairly treated sort of falls flat on its face when two sets of officials choose not to punish two blatant penalties and a red card.

Hearing their fans sing in support of their bent as **** ‘it’s all fake news’ regime makes me feel physically sick. Horrible, plastic, bent, heads in the sand wankers.

And they have the ****ing nerve to play the victims. I’m not even angry because this kind of shit is turning me right off football. I felt sorry for the lads yesterday, I can take losing to anyone fair square but that bunch of whiny spivs? Ugh, vile organisation.

Man City fans are largely the same people that followed their side when they were a laughing stock of a club. They've been given the keys to paradise and are quite prepared to overlook the dodgy side of things to enjoy their success. The UAE have poured more than a billion into the club, and the infrastructure of the area.

On a smaller scale, isn't that exactly what we've done too?

For all the purring about our owners, we conventiently forget their corruption and dodgy practices which enabled them to obtain their fortune. Aside from the stage managed impression of them, the truth is far less palatable. In fact, the truth is pretty sickening for the people of Thailand. And they did fragrantly abuse the FFP rules to enable us to get into the Premier League in the first place.

I'm no fan of the Man City regime and I will cheer any success in chipping away at it. But we cannot do this from a position of looking down our noses at Man City fans.

Man City fans are just whores prepared to do more unsightly things for more money. And if we were offered the same, most of us have already proved that we would take the money too.

Remind me what VAR stands for again? Is it Vastly Altered Reality?
That said if we play like that for our remaining games then we have plenty of wins to look forward to.
I expected to lose against these ****ers but by 80 mins I had a little hope of nicking it. Anger has subsided now.
Nacho was superb for the time he was on and I thought some of his footwork was incredible.
Ricardo and Praet I thought put in a good shift too. Such a shame JV can't quite get his mojo back, but he will.

Man City fans are largely the same people that followed their side when they were a laughing stock of a club. They've been given the keys to paradise and are quite prepared to overlook the dodgy side of things to enjoy their success. The UAE have poured more than a billion into the club, and the infrastructure of the area.

On a smaller scale, isn't that exactly what we've done too?

For all the purring about our owners, we conventiently forget their corruption and dodgy practices which enabled them to obtain their fortune. Aside from the stage managed impression of them, the truth is far less palatable. In fact, the truth is pretty sickening for the people of Thailand. And they did fragrantly abuse the FFP rules to enable us to get into the Premier League in the first place.

I'm no fan of the Man City regime and I will cheer any success in chipping away at it. But we cannot do this from a position of looking down our noses at Man City fans.

Man City fans are just whores prepared to do more unsightly things for more money. And if we were offered the same, most of us have already proved that we would take the money too.
Nobody’s shit is completely scent free, although Manchester City spray liquid diarrhoea all over the gaff and then pretend to be deeply offended when pulled up on it.

From a fan perspective, Manchester City has undergone a full face lift complete with a PR department that basically pumps spin and propaganda out. Their fans boo the UEFA anthem then sing about going to court to fight for the right to play in the competition. What the **** is that all about? They’ve deliberately copied another unpleasant club, Barcelona and surrendered any of the identity and soul that they left. For now, as a Leicester fan I still see things that tie our club to it’s past, the previous successes and the city itself. It’s eroding all the time though and the Premier League itself keeps getting harder to like. I’ll look down my nose at Manchester City until my creeping sense of general dissatisfaction with football finally takes over.

Me too. I think both he and Maddison are getting a hard time despite the fact that every chance we created tonight came through them. Some of Maddison's passing was superb and Tielemans had some very lovely touches. I do worry that Tielemans is absolutely dead on his feet by 70 minutes every single game and becomes a passenger. I don't think there were any particularly poor performances tonight and I thought both Soyuncu and Fuchs, in particular, were excellent but the latter and Chilwell really needed to deal with Mahrez for their goal. Chilwell's passing and running the ball out of play was a source of constant frustration but he looks much better with more defenders behind him.
Is it confidence with chillwell? He has the legs to take anyone on the outside yet he stops himself, he needs to attack more like Ricardo he has the ability just not the belief imo.

Aside from the fact that we've lost the four matches against Liverpool and Man City this season, what has happened in each of these games?

Four matches, four penalties given against us. No penalties given for us.

Referees are ****s. VAR referees are spineless ****s.
Starting to feel there is an agenda against little old Leicester, just as there was under Martin O'Neill which was one of the factors for him leaving.

UEFA/FIFA have made it clear they are not interested in clubs without substantial funds joining their European elite. The Premier League probably just follows suit.

We caught them by surprise when we won the league because, like everyone else, they never thought it would happen, right up to the last minute. They won't make that mistake again.

Brendan will realise that eventually, before he leaves for Spain in a few years' time.

To be fair, Manchester City put a lot into the community and my son for one has benefited.

Man City put a lot into the community because it helps them build a reputation and power base for global influence of a corrupt and cruel state. They can **** right off.

Our lot are corrupt wankers too, becoming wealthy and influential off the back of criminal practices and close relations with a regime which doesn’t recognise basic human rights. The cuddly image is laughable and massive donations to our hospitals and the like are more motivated by protecting brand value than a sense of community and public service. It’s funny what football allows us to forget, defend and believe (the slagging Dan Roan got for being caught telling the truth, Top falling in love with us after watching the 1997 League Cup final replay, for ****’s sake) but I keep giving them my money so I’m as culpable as anybody.

I’d not have allowed either ownership anywhere near the game but football sold its soul long ago. The habit and emotional link to my city are what gives me cover for my hypocrisy, but it’s hypocrisy nonetheless.

Dan Roan was caught telling the truth? so you can prove Vichai was sleeping with his assistant can you? That's what pissed people off Dan Roan spreading baseless rumours.

Also the Thai courts through out the charges which were politically motivated by the new government in the first place.

I never saw them ****, if that’s what you’re asking. But it’s common for rich Thai men to collect assistants who are also mistresses and it would be bizarre to assume Vichai was any different just because he bought our football club. I’m sure he appointed the former Thai Miss Universe contestant for her brilliant assistanting skills, though. I don’t really care who he was shagging anyway. It wasn’t my point. My point is that we allow loyalty to our football clubs to enable us to defend anything.

As for the King Power business model, if you believe it was squeaky clean then you’ll believe anything. I suspect you’d be more willing to take the opposite view if they didn’t own our football club.

I never said it was squeaky clean I said Thai courts through out the case, which they did no business of that size is ever squeaky clean but there is a world of difference between King Power and the Man City owners in terms of any wrong doing to gain their wealth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363