Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester United 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers:

Players gave everything
Intensity
Lacking bit of craft
Attitudes….gave everything
Wardy’s done great since he came in. You need your central defenders and midfielders to provide the cover
Given absolutely everything
Haven’t had the help in the (transfer) market this team needed
Now window has closed gives us a common theme we need to get that win
Speculation has been a huge distraction and destabilises
Once they get the win confidence will grow
So no self reflection or a hint of how said win will actually be achieved.

He’s cooked.

Then he should be sacked.
He should be sacked whatever the result. I'm basing that on a long-term view, not one possible win (in 90 mins) at the 7th attempt. In reality, he doesn't deserve to be in charge for another game.

I often find it hard to be too critical of players, particularly proven players, when the system is so clearly broken.

Exactly. Madders being just in front of our central defenders was the point where i turned the match off today. There's just no plan other than pass sideways and hope we get in the box by accident.

I often find it hard to be too critical of players, particularly proven players, when the system is so clearly broken.
I also think that when we offer so little up front players like Vardy aren’t exempt from blame. His movement was lazy tonight and this season for him and his finishing at Chelsea was dreadful.

Vardy was shit tonight mate, end of. He offered nothing, this season so far he’s been very poor.
I would point you to the passing maps available online for our games. Just have a look how many balls go into Vardy. It's almost unbelievable to see how few there are.

If you can face it, watch the highlights tonight. His movement was absolutely fine, he was getting more and more frustrated at making runs only to watch the ball go backwards or back to a red shirt.

He's not been the JV of old, but then he was ****ing awful under previous managers whose system choices were clearly taken from FM 2002 just before the kick off.

Wow, that post match from Brendan was interesting. He’s gone.
Brighton is it I think
I’m genuinely sad about it. People have given him no respect for what he achieved. But it feels like this is it.

Here's hoping. Hopefully quitting too. The way he's gone on lately won't be sugar coated by the media indefinitely. He'll end up damaging his reputation by holding out for a sacking too long.

Rodgers:

Players gave everything
Intensity
Lacking bit of craft
Attitudes….gave everything
Wardy’s done great since he came in. You need your central defenders and midfielders to provide the cover
Given absolutely everything
Haven’t had the help in the (transfer) market this team needed
Now window has closed gives us a common theme we need to get that win
Speculation has been a huge distraction and destabilises
Once they get the win confidence will grow
Did he really say "gave everything" that many times?

If so someone needs to remind him that's a ****ing minimum requirement & not remotely worth mentioning.

I'm not sure if even he is fully committed anymore and probably looking for a get out.

If the manager isn't fully committed that is bound to feed down to the players.

No chance he quits.

I wouldn't think so normally but I think he's getting so ridiculous that he's risking everyone else seeing what most of us see. Will Villa want him after Stevie feckin G gets the boot?

I would point you to the passing maps available online for our games. Just have a look how many balls go into Vardy. It's almost unbelievable to see how few there are.

If you can face it, watch the highlights tonight. His movement was absolutely fine, he was getting more and more frustrated at making runs only to watch the ball go backwards or back to a red shirt.

He's not been the JV of old, but then he was ****ing awful under previous managers whose system choices were clearly taken from FM 2002 just before the kick off.
I shall do. I’m sure you might be right on that, but equally his finishing hasn’t been good enough when he’s had chances this season. I don’t think he’s to be exonerated from blame is all.

I wouldn't think so normally but I think he's getting so ridiculous that he's risking everyone else seeing what most of us see. Will Villa want him after Stevie feckin G gets the boot?
Funny thing is. He’d actually get Villa going, at least for a bit.

And who do we get? Not sure we have the money for Poch. No way Potter comes here. Are you ready for Dyche?

We needed to go on a decent run for that to happen - who is going to sack their manager to replace him with the one from the team bang smack at the bottom of the table?

Our best hope is that he breaks as he is clearly not happy at being back in the window and I think he may see us risking his reputation, even though it is clearly becoming the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566