Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester United 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was because in Fernandes and their front three we needed to close the space as quickly as possible.
We also needed to win the game. Having seen that Fernandes and Rashford weren't bothered today, he should have gone for it and thrown everything at them.

Jesse Linguard celebrated like he has just scored the winner in the World Cup final, no class, complete bellend.

What happens if Man U win Europa, can 5 English teams be in CL?

I’m standing by that question by the way.
We have ambitious owners and I believe we will get Champions league football again the future. I want to see us win trophies. Whether individual or collective is only part of it. The club makes shit loads more money in the UCL I get that but it’s not like any of us as fans see it.
I haven’t seen us play in the Europe League. Frankly I’m interested to see how far we get in it given it’s a more level playing field than the champions league for us. Let’s see.

I've found another positive.... If we were in the champions league I'd probably subscribe to BT Sport to watch (assuming it's still on there) and attempt to get match tickets. Ted's just being concerned about my financial situation, the smashing bunch of lads.

No surprise at the general reaction here from the usual suspects.

I thought BR played it well and was still on course for a potential needed result until Hamza got caught.

Our attack is what is letting us down though as we just simply do not create enough chances.

Shame to see Nacho come off as he had played well but he didn't seem the same 2nd half and typical that a couple of chances fall to players on their left where Nacho would have been had in been on.

Perez was a complete disappointment and a waste of a sub though, it wasn't until he kicked it out for a goal kick I remembered he came on.

Barnes as well, completely annoymous apart from the early chance he had after coming on which he fluffed as usual.

This is where we need serious improvements if we want to break the top 4.

Gray can be included in that too but he looked a lot more livier than any of the other subs and at least had a couple of efforts and put their defence on the back foot.

Thomas had another solid game and some great crosses but let's not get over excited about him just yet. It does seem like we have an excellent option for when Chilwell leaves in the summer - anyone notice he hasn't been in the stands for any of the games he's missed wheres Maddison and Ricardo always there.

Wilf was great in the middle too but all worthless given the result.

The last goal was a bit of a joke but it made no difference to the outcome so not worth getting worked up over that.

Obviously a disappointing result but given most were expecting a shafting before going by the pre match thread, we gave a decent account of ourselves but honestly, we just don't have a top 4 squad.

I'll be looking for some random Eastern European trips next year even if no one else is.

Get a grip, some of you. When Vichai took over and said he'd make us a top six club, most of us laughed. Yes, the drop off has been disappointing but we are missing most of our back line and our play maker.

Judicious signings and next season will be even better!
Could have sworn he said he’d make us a top 4 club.

Jesse Linguard celebrated like he has just scored the winner in the World Cup final, no class, complete bellend.

What happens if Man U win Europa, can 5 English teams be in CL?
He'll be a Leicester player next season. I have a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Choudry is a poor Robbie savage and Kasper needs to be dropped for Ward, Kasper cost us champions league football for his performance at Bournemouth

Choudry is a poor Robbie savage and Kasper needs to be dropped for Ward, Kasper cost us champions league football for his performance at Bournemouth
Erm.... If we'd have won that game, we still wouldn't have qualified.

I'm not here to big-up Schmeichel. But his mistake at Bournemouth did not cost us a Champions League place. His mistake led to a team that we had been dominating, if not creating much, for 50 odd minutes levelling the game at 1-1. Our complete lack of balls and our fragile mentality, which is ultimately the responsibility of the manager, is what cost us and meant we got nothing from that game, bolloxed up our goal difference advantage, and picked up a suspension.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hugely disappointed we have missed out on CL and irrespective of injuries etc, we shouldn't have let the points gap slip like we did.

However, can anyone honestly say we have a better squad than Chelsea or Man Utd (obviously no where near Man City or Liverpool)?

We can look great on our day, but realistically, we're not one of the 4th best teams in the country.

Defence, midfield and striker is there but none of our wide players would get near a starting 11 of any of the final top 4 and they'd probably struggle to make the bench.

I haven’t seen us play in the Europe League. Frankly I’m interested to see how far we get in it given it’s a more level playing field than the champions league for us. Let’s see.

Other than finals i don't think I've watched anyone in the Euro thing for years....it's a bit shit tbh, hence the champions league place for the winner being introduced.

The post-lockdown form table is pretty grim reading. We're in 15th with only the relegation deadbeats and Palace below us. Had an inkling that certain teams and players wouldn't take to empty stadia - Arsenal/Luiz were ones I expected - us not so much until the evidence of the first three games back started making me feel queasy.

Ah well, third highest finish in my almost 60 years of watching City, with what I see as essentially Claude's team, an achievement albeit crushingly disappointing. The injuries were surely a part of this, as damaging this season as our lack of them in 15/16 were the key to our success.

I can't see next season's CL or EL being much of a hot ticket in the shadow of Covid - the concern for me is who of our "stars" might be prised away because we've failed to deliver. Apart from the crocked Ricardo, I don't see any of them being in much demand if current form is the yardstick.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hugely disappointed we have missed out on CL and irrespective of injuries etc, we shouldn't have let the points gap slip like we did.

However, can anyone honestly say we have a better squad than Chelsea or Man Utd (obviously no where near Man City or Liverpool)?

We can look great on our day, but realistically, we're not one of the 4th best teams in the country.

Defence, midfield and striker is there but none of our wide players would get near a starting 11 of any of the final top 4 and they'd probably struggle to make the bench.
I'm not sure any of our midfield would either. Ndidi is good but gives the ball away far too often. I'd take Pulisic or Fernandez or De Bruyne or Mahrez over Maddiosn. Choudhury and Praet would get nowhere near those teams. And neither would the Tielemans we've seen since January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669