Leicester 0 Millwall 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's two ways in which I look at yesterdays performance,

1. we either turned up and expected the points due to us believing our hype

or 2. Millwall came out with the gameplan to disrupt any passing play we had and our COACH doesn't have the experience to change tactics to deal with it.

I hope it was the first and not the second, either way several players were woeful and were left on the field too long, King should have been taken off after a few seconds

I'm not over-reacting about yesterday but we were cack.

Millwall are a physical(dirty) side and didn't have any qualms about getting stuck in. Whereas most of our lot seem to pansy about the pitch, not even bothering to put a tackle in(Yes Andy King, you were the worst culprit)

Should their player have been sent off for the foul on Martin? Maybe, He was late, but he had gone in for the ball before Martin had collected it, If he had lunged for it after he had got safely got the ball then definitely he should've walked.

Still, that didn't make much difference to how we played. Losing Gilbert didn't help. Gradel wasn't really in the game(maybe off the field stuff isn't helping) Powell was far too slow-but wasn't helped at all at times by Hobbs-Morrison looked to be the only one who was willing to get stuck in.

Oakley and King might as well have sat in the stand for all the use they were. Personally I think King has been the weakest player so far this season. Oakley wimped out of too many challenges and didn't do anything to take control of the midfield.

Dyer didn't do much(certainly didn't deserve the abuse he got from the fat twat sat behind us though) Fryatt was a waste of space, and Howard didn't get anything from the ref all game, despite being continously fouled throughout the match.

It was poor. And worst of all, it was easy for Millwall, whose keeper didn't have any sort of save to make second half.

However, at least this performance might make some fans realise this league will not be a walkover.

I'm not over-reacting about yesterday but we were cack.

Millwall are a physical(dirty) side and didn't have any qualms about getting stuck in. Whereas most of our lot seem to pansy about the pitch, not even bothering to put a tackle in(Yes Andy King, you were the worst culprit)

Should their player have been sent off for the foul on Martin? Maybe, He was late, but he had gone in for the ball before Martin had collected it, If he had lunged for it after he had got safely got the ball then definitely he should've walked.

Still, that didn't make much difference to how we played. Losing Gilbert didn't help. Gradel wasn't really in the game(maybe off the field stuff isn't helping) Powell was far too slow-but wasn't helped at all at times by Hobbs-Morrison looked to be the only one who was willing to get stuck in.

Oakley and King might as well have sat in the stand for all the use they were. Personally I think King has been the weakest player so far this season. Oakley wimped out of too many challenges and didn't do anything to take control of the midfield.

Dyer didn't do much(certainly didn't deserve the abuse he got from the fat twat sat behind us though) Fryatt was a waste of space, and Howard didn't get anything from the ref all game, despite being continously fouled throughout the match.

It was poor. And worst of all, it was easy for Millwall, whose keeper didn't have any sort of save to make second half.

However, at least this performance might make some fans realise this league will not be a walkover.

Sums it for me :023:

And another thing, I thought L1 was supposed to be STH only?

So why were six people allowed to buy tickets up the back of L1, and then cos they 'couldn't see' came down to the front at halftime. Then were told by the main steward to sit in seats which belonged to STH(who hadn't come back up from the concourse)
They then had to shift and ended up by us.
Me being me I asked how they got match tickets when it was a STH only area.One bloke said they had come all the way from southampton for the game-big deal!- and asked to moved nearer the front when they couldn't see the game from where they were sitting.

Oh and something that narked me off even more, one of them was wearing a Tigers coat! Why the feck do you wear that to a Leicester City match I don't know....I reckon they meant to go down the road.

Oh and something that narked me off even more, one of them was wearing a Tigers coat! Why the feck do you wear that to a Leicester City match I don't know
I agree, it was very warm and no need for coats.

I blame myself for the defeat - It as my first game of the season.:icon_sad:

We played with no real guile or ingenuity Crossing by Dyer freekicks and corners were to no effect Gradel did well at times sometimes not and when he got into good positions he tried to go too far or shot to no effect rather than play a clever passs. Even though Howard won the ball in the air, when he wasnt manhandled, the problem was there was no-one to take it further usually or if there was they couldnt make anything of it. You could tell we were being ruffed out of it earlier on but we didnt seem to be able to respond and I thought bringing Dickov on would have sorted that part of it out BUT it didnt he was hacked about as well.

You can see that Milwall are going to have some players sent off this season for sure, thats at least 2 as Robinson was sent off against Oldham. But yesterday must take the award for the longest time taken by a player to leave the field after a sending off at The Walkers.

The only plus was that I was lucky with my ticket as it only cost a fiver!!:icon_bigg

Last edited:
The only plus was that I was lucky with my ticket as it only cost a fiver!!:icon_bigg

You wasted a perfectly good fiver on that shite?:icon_lol:

Last edited:
I hope fans will be careful about getting at Andy King. he is only 19 and slagging him off will not help him. I have been surprised he is in the team as I reckon he needs a year's loan at some League 2 club. Adams can play in midfield and with hindsight I would have liked to have seen him in the team yesterday. From what little I have seen of Adams he is a blood and guts player and yesterdays battle would have suited him.

I hope fans will be careful about getting at Andy King. he is only 19 and slagging him off will not help him. I have been surprised he is in the team as I reckon he needs a year's loan at some League 2 club. Adams can play in midfield and with hindsight I would have liked to have seen him in the team yesterday. From what little I have seen of Adams he is a blood and guts player and yesterdays battle would have suited him.

He will never be good enough for the level we aspire to be at. Get the lad out the team, we need a real midfield not a flimsy half hearted one.

Flippin 'eck, there's some extreme views expressed on here.
We were poor, but not cack.
Millwall's game plan worked to a tee.

Also I can't believe that Dickov has got away without a slagging off. He looked a footballer that had come here for a final paypacket ala Keown et all.

Let's bounce back against the orient next week.

Flippin 'eck, there's some extreme views expressed on here.
We were poor, but not cack.
Millwall's game plan worked to a tee.

We WERE shite. At home it is supposed to be OUR game plan that works!

If we had a Plan A, we most certainly did not have a Plan B.

Even if some of our nancy boys were not aware of Millwall's ultra physical game ethos, Pearson certainly should have been.

He did not need light cavalry on the bench, he should have had an armoured division!

We gave a clear signal yesterday to any team that wants to play rough that they can run all over us.

Pearson needs to find us some muscle and steel or teach our little dears how to play ugly to win a game.

We WERE shite. At home it is supposed to be OUR game plan that works!

If we had a Plan A, we most certainly did not have a Plan B.

Even if some of our nancy boys were not aware of Millwall's ultra physical game ethos, Pearson certainly should have been.

He did not need light cavalry on the bench, he should have had an armoured division!

We gave a clear signal yesterday to any team that wants to play rough that they can run all over us.

Pearson needs to find us some muscle and steel or teach our little dears how to play ugly to win a game.

Yes. I wish we had signed a player like that Nelson we were linked with, or a hard midfielder that knew how to kick someone in just the right way to shut them up for an entire game like Oakley's opposite number did.

Yes. I wish we had signed a player like that Nelson we were linked with, or a hard midfielder that knew how to kick someone in just the right way to shut them up for an entire game like Oakley's opposite number did.

Is Danny Tiatto still available for a recall!?

Agree about Clem, i had high hopes when we signed him, maybe in a confident team he will produce his "b/ham form".
Also we should have known/been prepared for their physical approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59