Leicester 0 Millwall 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like we were going to go through the whole season without losing and without a bad performance...

I'm alright with the loss, its how we bounce back from it that is important.

We got knocked about a bit and didn't have the bollocks to bite back or the guile to play around it. Hope this is a reality check for them, attitude is just as important as aptitude.

We lost, it was going to happen sooner rather then later, now we pick ourselfs put, put another good run of results on, i think its very important that we get the 3points from the game in hand, I am sure we will do Oldham and take over the top, if we lose now its ok as long as we keep winning games from Oct onwards to May,

Once again Pearson is saying all the right things in his comments, echoing what we've said about not being able to deal with their plan and not being good enough. If he can get them to bounce back like he says then this will be another good test of his managerial capabilities.

After letting in an early goal, I thought it would be a good test of the team to see how they react to going behind in a game. Unfortunately they didnt react and I cant remember a clear cut chance we created.

It goes to prove we arent as good as we think we are and will hopefully make the player realise they are going to have to work hard to get out of this division!

Please, please, please, can we get someone else to take the corners. Dyer is just that - Dire!

(And he can leave the free kicks alone as well!).

Once again Pearson is saying all the right things in his comments, echoing what we've said about not being able to deal with their plan and not being good enough. If he can get them to bounce back like he says then this will be another good test of his managerial capabilities.

I like him as a manager , as he don't give out the bullshit like others have in the past .

I have to say that a team using spoiling tactics against a side hoping for promotion at home should have got away with a 0-0 draw or 1-0 defeat against them - not a victory.
It's a bad sign. Let's see how they pick themselves up from there and if NP can stop the return to the 4 years of dire performance we've seen before this season. Make no mistake.. to those who were not there, Saturday's game was exactly in keeping with the past and not the future we're hoping to have.

Hopefully it is a blip but quick remedial action is needed if the next 2 games are not a lot more convincing. If there's no improvement in the rest of this month then in October I hope NP looks into changing the personnel around... One might be replacing King with Weslowski and Fryatt with Dickov. Only Howard, Morrison & perhaps Tunchev came out with any credit on Saturday.

Last edited:
I have to say that a team using spoiling tactics against a side hoping for promotion at home should have got away with a 0-0 draw or 1-0 defeat against them - not a victory.
It's a bad sign. Let's see how they pick themselves up from there and if NP can stop the return to the 4 years of dire performance we've seen before this season. Make no mistake.. to those who were not there, Saturday's game was exactly in keeping with the past and not the future we're hoping to have.

Hopefully it is a blip but quick remedial action is needed if the next 2 games are not a lot more convincing. If there's no improvement in the rest of this month then in October I hope NP looks into changing the personnel around... One might be replacing King with Weslowski and Fryatt with Dickov. Only Howard, Morrison & perhaps Tunchev came out with any credit on Saturday.

I thought Powell did a good job as well

He doesn't get forward and support Dyer enough IMO. Mattock was regularly forward, and against teams like Millwall (no real wing play) it doesn't matter as much if he get#'s caught forward once in a while as they just lumped it through the middle.

He didn't get past the half way line. One of the reasons Dyer struggled was that he was effectively playing completely on his own on the left hand side

Jamie Crapham Mark II

I have never heard of Bruno Berner until he signed for us, nor have I ever seen him play

But I already know that he is better than Chris Powell

He doesn't get forward and support Dyer enough IMO. Mattock was regularly forward, and against teams like Millwall (no real wing play) it doesn't matter as much if he get#'s caught forward once in a while as they just lumped it through the middle.

He didn't get past the half way line. One of the reasons Dyer struggled was that he was effectively playing completely on his own on the left hand side

Jamie Crapham Mark II

I have never heard of Bruno Berner until he signed for us, nor have I ever seen him play

But I already know that he is better than Chris Powell

Seems strange because I can remember him constantly making runs forward in the first half, not sure about the second as he was on the other side of the pitch.

I agree that Powell did well.

I disagree Homer, Powell gave Dyer support a number of times in the first half, Dyer just had a poor game not the fault of Powell.

i wasn't there so cannot really give an opinion but it sounded like he had an absolute nightmare on satdee, according to RL commentary. was he that bad?

i wasn't there so cannot really give an opinion but it sounded like he had an absolute nightmare on satdee, according to RL commentary. was he that bad?
Hobbs, King, Oakley, Dyer, Gradel & Fryatt were all very poor IMO; some of the passing at times was shocking. Definitely a bad day at the office.

Yes. I wish we had signed a player like that Nelson we were linked with, or a hard midfielder that knew how to kick someone in just the right way to shut them up for an entire game like Oakley's opposite number did.

Being a hard player is not a talent it is an attitude of refusing to let the opponent get the better of you; of being the hammer not the anvil. The hardest I have seen in 50 years was Eddie Clamp of Wolves who played at a time when almost anything was allowed. He was quoted as saying "The hardness its in me head". If our players were victims against Millwall its is because they allowed themselves to be.

We have a very young side average age around 23/4 and all last season they were getting bullied out of games.
It appears that at long last we've learnt our lesson and are doing unto others before they can do unto us.

Most of our support are saying we'd be happy to finish top half of the table this season especially after our last couple of seasons but i think we all know we have some very decent young, hungry players that want to progress and if we can get the ball rolling we could finish anywhere in the top six.

Don't feel too bad about being beaten by us because you won't be the last. We may surprise a few teams on the road this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00