Post Match Leicester 0 Reading 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think King or Gally looked particularly great when they came on yesterday though I do agree that I think Gally should be involved. Maybe there is an argument for playing King over Danns but IMO Fernandes and Wellens both deserve to make the first eleven at the moment. Danns has done well also IMO and seems to like to get forward alot like Andy King does. At the end of the day, we are going to have quality midfielders missing out because there are just not enough spaces in the team to start them all :icon_lol:

This is why it particularly annoys me that Abe is deemed to be one of our best midfielders. He was terrible yesterday and Sven obviously saw that as he was promptly subbed at half time. Hopefully he sees sense and atleast drops him to the bench, but personally I'd have him make way for someone that represents more of an attacking option to incase things need spicing up.

The whole point of Abe's role last season was to cover behind the midfield to allow them to go forward.

I am sure yesterday Abe was off the pace because he had just returned from Japan. Apparently he played very well against both RM and Covscum.

Possibly but not sure I'd put it all down to jetlag myself. I don't think I've ever seen him have a decent game for us. He is regularly bullied off the ball and gets the wrong side of players, often he will go in for a tackle and miss creating space for opponents to run into the space he just left, he regularly misplaces passes and gets disposessed as a result of having poor awareness. It was all pretty evidant in his alf a game yesterday but I've seen it in other matches too. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think he's easily the most over rated player by our fans in the current squad.

EDIT - I should point out that perhaps my point is that I bet we've got someone who can play the holding role better IF we needed it. Wellens and Fernandes I feel would both be able to do a good job there. It's not like we are short of talented midfielders...

Last edited:
Mills looks to have had a bit of grief on Twitter - presumably from both City and Reading fans.

Not the best response though....

The abuse doesn't bother me - find it very sad that you feel the need to obviously haven't got anything interesting in ya life
Twitter for BlackBerry® • 14/08/2011 13:53

Last edited:
Schlupp is nowhere near good enough yet

I'm not saying I would definitely start him but I reckon Sven would do much better playing him in his actual position.

when sven was first appointed, i posted that i wasnt convinced that he had the 'wherewithall' to get a team out of this league.

Fair point. If we have a shocking start (I obviously hope not) a la Sousa last season, do you think the owners would consider sacking Sven?

A reality check against our bogey team, whatever they do against us it works. It's a depressing result without a doubt and optimism may have been somewhat dented, hopefully people will now realise that we aren't going to stroll this league because nobody will; West Ham included.

The key now is to bounce back. We are going to be slaughtered in the press and I daresay Claridge will be all but rubbing his hands with glee among others, but we have to put this to the back of our minds now and bounce right back against a Bristol City side who look somewhat average. Three points on Wednesday and any sort of positive result against Forest and we're back on track again.

Fair play. Chin up lads and ladies. Bring on the florist...
Didn't sound great on the radio though. I think the team needs to bed in. Best spin I can put on it

when sven was first appointed, i posted that i wasnt convinced that he had the 'wherewithall' to get a team out of this league.

Fair point. If we have a shocking start (I obviously hope not) a la Sousa last season, do you think the owners would consider sacking Sven?

i dont believe its possible for us to have that kind of start with this squad and this manager. i also would be shocked it the owners sacked sven until the end of the season. his stature is important to their strategy in the far east. i believe we will be challenging at the right end of the table. just concerned that the ugly stuff which i think is necessary to get out of this league doesnt come naturally to him.

just concerned that the ugly stuff which i think is necessary to get out of this league doesnt come naturally to him.

:bang: How many ****ing times?!

You mean the ugly stuff that Blackpool played under Holloway, that Norwich played under Lambert, that Burnley played under Coyle, that Swansea played under Rodgers, that West Brom played under RDM?

Why do people continue to maintain you need to play ugly football or have a "plan B" to get out of this division, when it's been proven wrong by so many of the promoted sides over the past 3 or 4 seasons?

Last edited:
:bang: How many ****ing times?!

You mean the ugly stuff that Blackpool played under Holloway, that Norwich played under Lambert, that Burnley played under Coyle, that Swansea played under Rodgers, that West Brom played under RDM?

Why do people continue to maintain you need to play ugly football or have a "plan B" to get out of this division, when it's been proven wrong by so many of the promoted sides over the past 3 or 4 seasons?

You need a team that can play excellent passing football with am ugly plan be and a passionate 20+ striker. This has been proven by everyone saying it, what more proof do you need?

Have just seen the goals.
At the corner, Konchesky was tracking Hunt, but was deliberately taken out of it.
It was a foul.

For the second, Gallagher was not paying attention. He watched whilst Kanu bimbled past him onto the pass, to score.

Not a good day at the office for many.
As for the brain dead fans booing, grow up!

I've had yesterday and today to think about it as I was annoyed and bitterly disappointed after yesterday.

I've seen comments about why no Andy King & Gallagher, Mills was crap, Pantsil was poor etc.

Mills & Pantsil were very poor yesterday, Mills I don't think needs the 'burden' of captaincy to add to the 'burden' of being our record signing. I was impressed with Konchesky until Manset left him for dead and then after that never looked comfortable at all. Fernandes was nowhere near as influential as he was against Coventry & neither were the entire midfield, Abe looked woefully off the pace and Wellens wasn't much better than him. You could've changed the entire midfield at half time they were that poor..

I understand what people are saying about Schmeichel's moaning, but I think we need it, especially if we're playing like we were yesterday.

If we are going to stick with this formation, Nugent needs someone to help him and we desperately need to play Andy King, he is the only midfielder we have that runs BEYOND the striker or at least can support Nugent. You could argue Danns tries to do the same but is half the time nowhere to be seen. We seem to want to walk the ball into the net, pretty much like Arsenal and think that teams are just going to let us do it.

We're definitely not a team, we're 11 individuals at the minute and that needs to change quickly.

I would rather our Keeper be giving Mills a bollocking than our Twat head fans on Twitter, ****ing wankers whoever was involved.

Who was the fuzzy haired singer? We created space on the right but Pantsil is not Kyle Naughton we had no pace against Cov or Reading lacked any purpose going forward, tactics wrong defended well at Cov but we do need to support Nugent quicker from midfield but the players yesterday were to defensive and a quick forward is required

very disappointed and frustrated like everyone else, cannot understand why King isnt starting, or Gallagher who seemed to be a favourite of Sven. While i recognise that we needed to strengthen the squad i am not an advocate of wholesale change when last year we were so close to the play offs. This is where i have misgivings about Sven, as last year our dip in form coinncided with him tinkering with the team and not seeming to know what his best defensive or midfield line up was. On paper we undoubtably have a better squad, but we need a settled team, what benefit is there is dropping your most successful, goal scoring midfielder to the bench. We were much better when King came on yesterday. Sven appears in some respects inconsistent in his managerial decisions, for example, I agree with his decision to start Schlupp after his success during the week, that seems to me good management but to strip King of the captaincy and relegate him to a place on the bench after last season does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669