Post Match Leicester 0 Reading 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep poor game, time to put it to one side and prepare for the next one. I don't think that we will be the last team to lose to Reading in this league.

Evidence that further transfer work is required if we're to make it a good season.

Not too gutted as it's early days but wish we'd sign a ****ing striker soonish.

[optimism] I recall a tonking from Ipswich early doors in our last automatic promotion year. That was far worse and we bounced right back. We can do that again [/optimism].

Mills was really poor, sure he's capable of much better than that. Didn't win a header, hardly completed a pass and his positioning was terrible.

Mills was really poor, sure he's capable of much better than that. Didn't win a header, hardly completed a pass and his positioning was terrible.

From what I've read, he's not been great so far has he?

Schmeichel - 6 - Abandoned by his defence for both goals, did as well as he could.
Pantsil - 3 - Appalling distribution, surrendered possession far too often.
Mills - 3 - For the third game running, absolute and utter shit. Needs to improve asap or he's a costly error.
Bamba - 6 - Casual, risky, gets away with it. Every ****ing time. Classy.
Konchesky - 4 - Impressive going forward, poor in defence. Left for dead by Manset late on, which summed his game up.
Wellens - 4 - Totally ineffective, misplaced too many passes.
Abe - 3 - Off the pace.
Fernandes - 5 - Did nothing specifically wrong but had little effect on the game.
Danns - 4 - Wasn't allowed any room to work. Easily kept quiet.
Nugent - 5 - Rusty, should have scored. Wasted out wide late on.
Schlupp - 4 - Played some good balls, but the occasion clearly got the better of him.

Subs:
King - 5 - Sharper than last week, scared Federici into action early in the second half.
Waghorn - 2 - Usual. Headless chicken act, took some crap corners, same old rubbish.
Gallagher - Is there any point bringing him on so late?

A reality check against our bogey team, whatever they do against us it works. It's a depressing result without a doubt and optimism may have been somewhat dented, hopefully people will now realise that we aren't going to stroll this league because nobody will; West Ham included.

The key now is to bounce back. We are going to be slaughtered in the press and I daresay Claridge will be all but rubbing his hands with glee among others, but we have to put this to the back of our minds now and bounce right back against a Bristol City side who look somewhat average. Three points on Wednesday and any sort of positive result against Forest and we're back on track again.

Hard-working, no frills side versus a bunch of strangers.

My worry would stem from being far too defensive from the off.
Also, Mills dear god...I'll take back what I said on Bambs, dug him out of shit time after time.

Fair play to Sven, I don't think he tried to make excuses. We now have to make up for it on Wednesday.

Oh and the fans that booed at the end are a disgrace, and I bet they are the twats moaning that there is no atmosphere.

What did he say?
Basically that for the players we had out there, the performance was good enough. Passing poor, giving the ball away etc.

Absolutely piss poor performance from start to finish. Woeful in every way

Nugent completely isolated throughout. Schlupp wasted in that position.

Danns confirming my original opinion that he is average at best

Mills utter shit

Bamba and Schmeichel the only players worth their starting berth

Awful tactics, awful performance. Gutless, spineless and clueless

Without wishing to paint myself as some kind of sweary Nostradamus, I did say the minute the fixture list was released that we would not come through August unbeaten because of our form against the sides we were pitched up against:

Coventry: Winless on the road against them since 2003.
Reading: Three consecutive defeats to them before today.
Bristol City: Little reason why we can't win this one.... (Famous last words.)
Nottm Forest: Winless at the City Ground since the pre-Clough era, Forest's home form has been excellent for the past two seasons.
Southampton: Freshly promoted from League One and have the momentum behind them, as Leeds found out to their cost.

It's vital we bounce back from this setback now, and with Bristol City having made a bad start against Ipswich last week and Forest seemingly making their customary slow start to life under Schteve, it is doable.

Last edited:
What's the point in signing a new striker when we set up with that negative cramped formation. Schlupp scored 3 midweek, we should have played him in the same role.

What's the point in signing a new striker when we set up with that negative cramped formation. Schlupp scored 3 midweek, we should have played him in the same role.

Spot on

Nugent hasn't got a chance playing there on his own - it was more of a 4-5-1 than a 4-3-3. The rest of the team were miles away from him - and playing Abe, Danns, Wellens and Fernandes together is never going to provide the right kind of support from midfield.

I was disappointed that we set up that way against Cov, but horrified that we set up that way today. Complete wank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670