Post Match Leicester 0 Slavia Prague 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As disappointing as it was overall, I think the ones who came in - Albrighton, Ünder, Amartey, Hamza and Thomas - were all very bad tonight. None of them did anything to show they deserve a more regular place in the side.

Disappointing none of them could grab an opportunity to stake a claim.

Awful starting lineup
Ridiculous decision not to change it substantially at half time
Subs made far far too late

Some truly dreadful performances tonight - Under, Vardy, Choudhury and Soyuncu were particularly awful, but I think only Ndidi had an even half-decent game

Shameful and embarrassing

As disappointing as it was overall, I think the ones who came in - Albrighton, Ünder, Amartey, Hamza and Thomas - were all very bad tonight. None of them did anything to show they deserve a more regular place in the side.

Disappointing none of them could grab an opportunity to stake a claim.

Thats what I keep coming back too as well, Graz.

If we were going to go out with such a whimper against a team of this standard, we may as well have not bothered with the whole ****ing thing at all. Should have just played the U23’s from the first match onwards.

That's exactly what I said we should do. The nonsense of playing Evans, Tielemans and Vardy in both these games is what I'm angry about. Risking injuries for nothing.

I maintain that we were never going to win this. In a normal season, without a crippling fixture list and more fit players, we could have had a right go. But this isn't a normal season. And we have two much better things that are achievable this season.

I'm glad we're out. If we go on now to collapse and achieve nothing then by all means point the finger at this. But I seriously doubt that now. I am far more confident about our chances in the league in particular.

This is now much more likely to be an excellent finish to the season. We have also improved our chances in the FA Cup as Man Utd will be travelling to a last 16 tie before and after our QF with them and we'll have some blank midweeks.

This was a convenient defeat.

Not quite sure what to make of that. Did we care? Did we just get rumbled?

I reckon they deserved that. Showed more energy and desire. It clearly mattered more to them because we just didn't look like the team we know we can be.

A bridge too far for us? A blessing in disguise? I dunno, I don't like losing ever so it's hard to take whatever consolation anyone throws at me. I reckon we had enough to beat them on a different day... with a different set of priorities.

I hate to say it, but I’ve been thinking it over the last few games. I feel Vardy has lost a touch of his pace. Hopefully he can grab a few goals and I’ll eat my words.

The most concern g things to come out of the game...

That team selection coupled with the starting system would suggest BR is a very heavy drinker. I don't think he's managed to put together a more inappropriate combo.

BR Confirming that he is utterly incapable in Europe against any level of opposition.
He was just as bad at Liverpool.
I have so little faith in him on this stage that he's almost killed the excitement of us potentially coming top 4 already....What's the point?

Vardy......people will mock but the decline I am seeing in his general game is alarming. Can't control the ball, can't outpace the defender and actually do something with the ball afterwards. Making poor choices in key moments. We are going to really feel the pain in our complete lack of planning for his replacement.

That's exactly what I said we should do. The nonsense of playing Evans, Tielemans and Vardy in both these games is what I'm angry about. Risking injuries for nothing.

I maintain that we were never going to win this. In a normal season, without a crippling fixture list and more fit players, we could have had a right go. But this isn't a normal season. And we have two much better things that are achievable this season.

I'm glad we're out. If we go on now to collapse and achieve nothing then by all means point the finger at this. But I seriously doubt that now. I am far more confident about our chances in the league in particular.

This is now much more likely to be an excellent finish to the season. We have also improved our chances in the FA Cup as Man Utd will be travelling to a last 16 tie before and after our QF with them and we'll have some blank midweeks.

This was a convenient defeat.
Hate to say it, but I agree.
We just can’t maintain the number of fixtures we have with all the injuries we have.
It’s a real shame that all of last seasons huffing and puffing and dragging ourselves into Europe to have it ending like this.

The most concern g things to come out of the game...

That team selection coupled with the starting system would suggest BR is a very heavy drinker. I don't think he's managed to put together a more inappropriate combo.

BR Confirming that he is utterly incapable in Europe against any level of opposition.
He was just as bad at Liverpool.
I have so little faith in him on this stage that he's almost killed the excitement of us potentially coming top 4 already....What's the point?

Vardy......people will mock but the decline I am seeing in his general game is alarming. Can't control the ball, can't outpace the defender and actually do something with the ball afterwards. Making poor choices in key moments. We are going to really feel the pain in our complete lack of planning for his replacement.
We've been here before. He'll bang in a load of goals now.

Will be happy when we have pereira castagne Barnes and hopefully maddison in on Sunday and go at arsenal

At least having experienced the euro cup it'll serve as great motivation to finish above 5th.

If we don’t beat Arsenal on Sunday, this result becomes a whole lot worse.

The woman on BT Sport is ****ing horrific.

How on gods green earth did she get that gig?

Going out like that will be a massive dent to the confidence, our better players will now feel they will never achieve anything here. What's the point in qualifying for the champions League if you get outclassed and out fought in Europa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566