Post Match Leicester 0 Tottenham 2 - FA cup replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entry issues last night were a total shambles. I saw quite a lot less turnstiles open than usual which was the major cause. That and the idiots waving their metal detector things at random people. You could almost hear them going 'brown one, not a brown one' as they selected lucky victims.

On the match, it was a poor one. However, I really can't bring myself to care that much. These two cup ties have made me reassess some of our squad players and I hope that Ranieri has come to similar conclusions:

1. Wasyl was third choice central defender, for me Benny is now third and shouldn't be allowed to leave.
2. Chilwell is a prospect but not ready for the Premier League. We keep him around until Schlupp is back and then loan him to play in the Championship again.
3. Inler has improved immeasurably over recent months and is easily a better option than King. King is slowly but surely becoming an irrelevance in our squad.
4. One header aside, Dyer is a total waste of a £1m loan fee. I'd send him back and ask for change.
5. Ulloa is like a little lost lamb without his buddy Cambiasso around the club. He needs a new Argentinian friend or putting out of his misery.
6. We need to sign an attacking/creative midfielder (number 10) if we want to play 4-5-1 effectively. I still think that the squad would really benefit from this option and we just don't have anyone that can do it.
7. We desperately need a new, very expensive and very good striker.
8. De Liabilities useful time at the club is at an end. New right back required now or in the summer.

All in all, we've successfully navigated a long, difficult period of matches (7 in 26 days). We now know what we've got left and what we need to do. Can we now turn off the back up generator and switch on the main engines again?

I think one extra thing it showed is just how important Kante is to our style of play. The way he turns the ball over which then gives him or Drinkwater a forward positive pass or through the wide players.

Inler just isn't the same player. I think he was the unnoticed difference in the first fa cup match where we were more of a match.

When you talk about strength in depth, resting Kante (or heaven forbid he gets injured) but bringing in Amartey as a replacement, will help us and would have helped us last night.

Looks like a versatile player and will be a really good signing for us. Fits really well. I hope we get it over the line

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think one extra thing it showed is just how important Kante is to our style of play. The way he turns the ball over which then gives him or Drinkwater a forward positive pass or through the wide players.

Inler just isn't the same player. I think he was the unnoticed difference in the first fa cup match where we were more of a match.

When you talk about strength in depth, resting Kante (or heaven forbid he gets injured) but bringing in Amartey as a replacement, will help us and would have helped us last night.

Looks like a versatile player and will be a really good signing for us. Fits really well. I hope we get it over the line

Totally agree, Kante is absolutely integral to how we play. Inler is a classy player but a very different player. That said he has really started to show his value in the last few games he has played. He's coming good!

I don't know about missing the start of the match - there were people on Facebook saying that they were still outside a full 20 minutes into the match.
And when they got in they didn't know where to go - the stewards weren't exactly rushing to help either.

I did notice that there were a lot of tickets that looked as if people had printed them out themselves. Not sure if that added to the problem - maybe a poor quality print-out didn't get read by the entrance scanners ?

I arrived in good time and didn't get to my seat until the 16th minute of the match.

Suppose it depends on what you mean by 'good time'. I've never ever missed the start of a match but then I always get in the ground at least 30 minutes (sometimes an hour) before kick off.

These two cup ties have made me reassess some of our squad players....
8. De Liabilities useful time at the club is at an end. New right back required now or in the summer.

Yeah. How dare that bastard RDL be so anonymous in the second game.

Read a bit on social media this morning about our game last night. General feeling amongst Spurs fans seems to be that our reserves won't win the Prem now and probably finish midtable. This makes me sad.

Agreed, also thought Benalouane looked very solid.

The bloke looks excellent to me.

Great positional awareness, quicker than his rivals and just looks composed.

I think he's better than Huth.

Leicester City Football Club has issued the following statement...

Leicester City Football Club offers an unreserved apology to supporters affected by delays entering King Power Stadium prior to, and in the early stages of, Wednesday night’s FA Cup Third Round Replay against Tottenham Hotspur.

Arriving at my usual time I got into the ground nine minutes into the match. There was an incredibly long queue behind me. I had taken it that there was a problem with turnstiles 7-12 However, when I got to the turnstiles they seemed to be working fine and the usual friendly and helpful Roy was stewarding. Do I gather the problem was all around the ground?

I had forgotten about Nathan Dyer and while settlling into my seat I saw a Spurs player push the ball past a small black Leicester player. For a moment I thought it was Kante until I realised nobody pushes a football past Kante.

It is always a pleasure to watch Marcin Waslewski. He is a wonderful throwback to the days of Nat Lofthouse, dubbin on the boots and referees who believed any tackle was acceptable provided you did not use a weapon.

Read a bit on social media this morning about our game last night. General feeling amongst Spurs fans seems to be that our reserves won't win the Prem now and probably finish midtable. This makes me sad.

That's basically what Jonathan Pearce was saying for the last ten minutes on the BBC. He's basically written us off to a heart-breaking mid table finish.

The average point requirement to finish 10th is 49 points, so we are only going to get 5 points from now until the end of the season?

What a moron.

Suppose it depends on what you mean by 'good time'. I've never ever missed the start of a match but then I always get in the ground at least 30 minutes (sometimes an hour) before kick off.

...especially for the games when they're handing the Singha out.

Mid-table doesn't necessarily mean 10th. Seventh or eighth place could be considered mid-table and that could need over 60 points.
7th to 8th isn't mid table. 10th by maths is mid- table.

7th to 8th isn't mid table. 10th by maths is mid- table.

It depends how you define mid-table. If you split the table into equal(ish) thirds, top middle and bottom, mid table would start at 7th or 8th.

If you're saying there's only one place that counts at mid table, it would be 10½. But I've never heard of anyone referring to mid-table as being exactly in the middle. It usually means not at the top and not at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566