Post Match Leicester 0 Tottenham 2 - FA cup replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ulloa up front on his own was necessity though wasn't it? If Claudio wanted to rest Okazaki and Vardy then what other option did we have? We don't have a 4th established striker.

Well Okazaki ended up playing 45 mins and Vardy 15 mins. May as well have had Ulloa/Okazaki in first half and Ulloa/Vardy in the second. Hardly much difference.

Second string lose to Spurs, no big issue - only frustration is late penalty in first game that would have meant we were through. Enough showed in the backup squad to help us focus on the league with the exception of forwards

Leicester City Football Club has issued the following statement...

Leicester City Football Club offers an unreserved apology to supporters affected by delays entering King Power Stadium prior to, and in the early stages of, Wednesday night’s FA Cup Third Round Replay against Tottenham Hotspur.

A significant number of supporters experienced difficulty gaining admission to the stadium, resulting in many missing the start of the match.

The Club is currently investigating the cause of Wednesday night’s delays as a priority, to ensure any difficulties experienced are not repeated at future home matches.

Once again, the Club apologises for the inconvenience caused.

Leicester City Football Club has issued the following statement...

Leicester City Football Club offers an unreserved apology to supporters affected by delays entering King Power Stadium prior to, and in the early stages of, Wednesday night’s FA Cup Third Round Replay against Tottenham Hotspur.

A significant number of supporters experienced difficulty gaining admission to the stadium, resulting in many missing the start of the match.

The Club is currently investigating the cause of Wednesday night’s delays as a priority, to ensure any difficulties experienced are not repeated at future home matches.

Once again, the Club apologises for the inconvenience caused.

I don't know about missing the start of the match - there were people on Facebook saying that they were still outside a full 20 minutes into the match.

It was good to be back at the ground tonight but I certainly haven't missed the self proclaimed real fans (sat behind us) that couldn't tell the difference between Ulloa and Gray :017:

Not a great result, but we can focus on cementing our Champions League place now :003: ;)

Disappointing display overall but encouraged by Gray - again. However, it's a big ask to expect a 19 year old - only just debuting in the Premier League - to influence a top 4 chasing side, but he looks like he has the right attributes to push and learn from our incumbent wide men.

Remain concerned over our striking options though and sincerely hope CR/SW have a plan up their sleeves that will surprise us all and help us in the final push. It'd be a real shame to lose momentum now and a new striker/no. 10 would be a massive lift for all - Vardy in particular.

This result is disappointing. But the lack of quality depth in attack is obvious and worrying considering the form of Mahrez and Vardy lately.

Spot on,we need to upgrade to make sure we stay in the position we are at the moment "Top half of the premier League " We also need to look at other areas of the park also as we have some glaring holes to fix if our first Team Players go down !

I don't know about missing the start of the match - there were people on Facebook saying that they were still outside a full 20 minutes into the match.

I arrived in good time and didn't get to my seat until the 16th minute of the match. Just one of those things though, I don't suppose there was any danger of kick off being delayed with the game being on television. I heard it being said that the turnstiles were failing to accept paper tickets.

The problem wasn't being let in late it was no communication. They could've at least announced what was happening over the tannoy.

There were hundreds of people bunched up outside the turnstiles and it was a bit claustrophobic being in the middle of that tbh as you couldn't escape the crowd. Some people were pushing through saying they'd been told season tickets could push to the front and there was a few people getting tetchy shouting at them that they were pushing in.

I dread to think what would've happened if there was a roar of the crowd indicating a goal, I get the feeling a group of people would've forced their way forward.

All it needed was an announcement over the PA system (everyone could here it fine) explaining the problem, but the fact no explanation was forthcoming was starting to get people tetchy.

Also some of the seats had been double booked in our block where the ST holder had got the game put on their card yet the seat was still sold as a separate ticket.

Was poorly handled tbh.

The things we learned from tonight's game.
1. If we had to win one and lose one to Spurs we picked the right game to win
2 We now have a weekend off before 2 huge games at home to Liverpool and away to Man C - even bigger because I am coming back from the USA to see them !
3. Dyer and Ulloa are just not good enough - Dyer should not even make the bench now after Gray has signed - a waste of a sub
4 Benalouane provides good cover for Wes and Huth - better in this position than full back
5. Gray and Chilwell are both great prospects but not quite ready yet - Gray should be on the bench as he can potentially change a match
6. We need another striker before the transfer window closes
7. I am happy I recorded it and didn't take the afternoon off work to watch it

Our priority was to rest key players and quite rightly so. Hopefully we shall see the benefit v Stoke.
Spurs have greater strength in depth and we were outplayed.
The performance should have convinced the club - if they needed convincing - that we need a decent striker to support Vardy.
Felt sorry for an isolated Ulloa but he hasn't got the skill to hold the ball up front(not that there was anyone to run on) and looks like he has lost any confidence as a striker.
Really good how Simpson has grown this season as a decent right back - and Chilwell and Gray ones for the (near) future.
Difficult to know whether Chilwell needs further loan spell to get match time; Gray valuable as a substitute this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566