Post Match Leicester 1 Aston Villa 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If You check out the statistics, you will see that the opposition typically had more shots on goal in most of the matches when Kasper was in goal.
This suggests that our defensive play has improved considerably and thus taken the pressure off the goalkeeper.

Hamer has done well but is nowhere near the same level as Kasper.

Thats confidence in a goalie. Quite clear today who the two centre backs prefer behind them.

Kramaric must have watched us today thinking he will clean up! we were good from start to finish, if Villa didn't have Benteke and Guzan, they'd be gone already. The worst team I have watched in the premier league by a long way. Why Lambert is still in a job is beyond me.......We are a better side that QPR, Villa and Sunderland........

Villa are pretty bloody dire, what's amazing is that only the top 4 have conceded less goals than them so far this season, mind you they've only scored 11. At this rate they're on to only score around 22 all season, amazing if they stay up with that record.

I thought Albrighton was fantastic - our most attacking threat and involved in most of our chances.

Assuming Kramaric and Schlupp improves id go for the following against Stoke.

Hamer
Simpson Wes Was Konch
Hammond King
Knockaert Kramaric Schlupp
Ulloa

Subs: Nuge, Vardy, Moore, Albrighton, Lawrence, Cambiasso, Schwarzer.

People have rightly praised Albrighton and I would add praise for the Villa goalie who I thought was superb. However, people have given entitely the wrong impression of the afternoon. This was the best performance by the dugout for a very long time and Man Of The Match was unquestionably Nigel Pearson.

The match began with a strange incident. An elderly Asian gentleman wanted to talk to Nigel and he clearly had nothing better to do than enjoy the obviously amicable conversation. This put the steward in a quandary. The body language was friendly and Nigel could have moved away any time he chose. Finally the steward no doubt remembering the criticism of the stewarding at the Liverpool match intervened. All this time the bench were concentrating on the match. Nigel was amused enough to divert their attention with a big grin no doubt telling his staff about the conversation.

Nugent's miss after a superb ball from Albrighton did nothing to dampen Nigel's mood. While a Villa player was getting treatment Nigel began flirting with a grandmotherly type in the second row. She was somewhat flustered but mainly delighted. People around me were shouting romantic advice to Nigel.

The mood was helped by the docility of the Villa bench. All afternoon Paul Lambert and his staff reminded me of those nuns in the Sound Of Music who found Miss Andrews to be a troublemaker. Perhaps they hoped that if they hid in the dugout the Villa fans would forget they were there. Then just before half time Konchesky scored a splendid goal. Only the naïve would expect the cheerful ambience to continue throughout the second half.

Part way through the second half Leicester were denied a penalty. Nigel was angry and even Kevin Phillips seemed interested. However, you immediately look to Mike Stowell and watch the pressure build up. I began to worry. I fancied that if a member of the coaching staff spontaneously combusts the referee would abandon the match - not good when we are winning.

A few minutes later with Mike Stowell at bursting point a member of the Villa staff did something unforgivable. He had a word with the 4th official. This provocation was too much for our goalkeeping coach and the 4th official had to come between Stowell and a bewildered Villa official. This however turned into a sideshow. While the attention of the 4th official was diverted Nigel seized the opportunity to storm over to the Villa bench and berate someone. I could not see who his quarrel was with and difficult to understand since the Villa staff seemed so amiable. I was surprised Nigel was not sent back to the stand.

After this things mellowed as it became clear that Villa were never going to score. Someone shouted to Nigel that he should take the linesmans flag and stick it up the linesman's arse. Nigel said something to the effect that he would like to but he had to stay out of trouble.

In injury time matters on the pitch threatened to divert attention from the dugout. Matty James apparently fouled a Villa player. I say apparently because from where I sat it was difficult to judge whether it had been James or the Villa player who had been guilty. A brawl erupted. Matty James was given a red card and trudged off. Then Clark of Villa who I don't think had been the player fouled was sent olff; no doubt for his part in the brawl. Clark ran after James catching up with him just before the tunnel and attacked him. A mass of officials scrambled between the players as the referee blew to end a most satisfactory afternoon.

Last edited:
I'm coming out of hiding just to thank David for his match summary. As a city supporter currently living in California (sorry for the erroneous username), it is very important that I'm kept up-to-date with Mike Stowell's antics during match days. I can only imagine what it must be like in tescos when he finds out that they've run out of broccoli. It's also very nice to wake up to a win.

Last edited:
People have rightly praised Albrighton and I would add praise for the Villa goalie who I thought was superb. However, people have given entitely the wrong impression of the afternoon. This was the best performance by the dugout for a very long time and Man Of The Match was unquestionably Nigel Pearson.

The match began with a strange incident. An elderly Asian gentleman wanted to talk to Nigel and he clearly had nothing better to do than enjoy the obviously amicable conversation. This put the steward in a quandary. The body language was friendly and Nigel could have moved away any time he chose. Finally the steward no doubt remembering the criticism of the stewarding at the Liverpool match intervened. All this time the bench were concentrating on the match. Nigel was amused enough to divert their attention with a big grin no doubt telling his staff about the conversation.

Nugent's miss after a superb ball from Albrighton did nothing to dampen Nigel's mood. While a Villa player was getting treatment Nigel began flirting with a grandmotherly type in the second row. She was somewhat flustered but mainly delighted. People around me were shouting romantic advice to Nigel.

The mood was helped by the docility of the Villa bench. All afternoon Paul Lambert and his staff reminded me of those nuns in the Sound Of Music who found Miss Andrews to be a troublemaker. Perhaps they hoped that if they hid in the dugout the Villa fans would forget they were there. Then just before half time Konchesky scored a splendid goal. Only the naïve would expect the cheerful ambience to continue throughout the second half.

Part way through the second half Leicester were denied a penalty. Nigel was angry and even Kevin Phillips seemed interested. However, you immediately look to Mike Stowell and watch the pressure build up. I began to worry. I fancied that if a member of the coaching staff spontaneously combusts the referee would abandon the match - not good when we are winning.

A few minutes later with Mike Stowell at bursting point a member of the Villa staff did something unforgivable. He had a word with the 4th official. This provocation was too much for our goalkeeping coach and the 4th official had to come between Stowell and a bewildered Villa official. This however turned into a sideshow. While the attention of the 4th official was diverted Nigel seized the opportunity to storm over to the Villa bench and berate someone. I could not see who his quarrel was with and difficult to understand since the Villa staff seemed so amiable. I was surprised Nigel was not sent back to the stand.

After this things mellowed as it became clear that Villa were never going to score. Someone shouted to Nigel that he should take the linesmans flag and stick it up the linesman's arse. Nigel said something to the effect that he would like to but he had to stay out of trouble.

In injury time matters on the pitch threatened to divert attention from the dugout. Matty James apparently fouled a Villa player. I say apparently because from where I sat it was difficult to judge whether it had been James or the Villa player who had been guilty. A brawl erupted. Matty James was given a red card and trudged off. Then Clark of Villa who I don't think had been the player fouled was sent olff; no doubt for his part in the brawl. Clark ran after James catching up with him just before the tunnel and attacked him. A mass of officials scrambled between the players as the referee blew to end a most satisfactory afternoon.

Nice report Mr G, thanks. Judging by the time it was written, I assume you had just got in from a bit of clubbing?

Won the ball, red card to be rescinded.

No chance. It would be stupid to appeal and risk a lengthening of the suspension.

Absolutely marvellous! Many thanks David.

I'm jealous you can get seats close enough to hear what NP is saying!!!

Anyone hear about the Villa and City rival firms arranging a "meet" yesterday?

The police found out about it hence the stop and search powers the police had yesterday. Still kicked off in the City centre I see though in the Mercury.

You're that sort of age aren't you Spion? Come on, spill the beans, it was you, wasn't it?

Cheeky ****ing bastard :icon_bigg

Anyway, the Mercury report mentions police being called out to a pub at around 3:30pm - I was safe inside the ground at that time along with all other genuine fans. So these nutters come across solely for trouble and have no intention of watching the match at all. They are nothing to do with football, they are just piggybacking onto it.

I thought Albrighton was fantastic - our most attacking threat and involved in most of our chances.

It was the first time I'd seen Albrighton play and I was pleasantly surprised and how good he was. He's got a lot of pace, good technical ability, and certainly knows how to put a great cross in. He very nearly scored at one point as well as creating several great opportunities, such as the Matty James diving header -- what a goal that would have been.

Hopefully we will see more of the same in future performances.

What I would also add is that Vardy looks hopeless at the moment, which is a shame. His first touches yesterday were awful and he never looked close to scoring.

Last edited:
I'm coming out of hiding just to thank David for his match summary. As a city supporter currently living in California (sorry for the erroneous username), it is very important that I'm kept up-to-date with Mike Stowell's antics during match days. I can only imagine what it must be like in tescos when he finds out that they've run out of broccoli. It's also very nice to wake up to a win.

Nice report Mr G, thanks. Judging by the time it was written, I assume you had just got in from a bit of clubbing?

Absolutely marvellous! Many thanks David.

I enjoy Davids posts. He write good.

I'm jealous you can get seats close enough to hear what NP is saying!!!

Very entertaining reading David:023:, love the NP & Co dialogue. Any chance of you creating a comic strip for the fanzine?

Thank you all for the generous remarks.
The late hour mentioned by Pork Pie was due to the timing of the Football League Show. I am more likely to be found in a tea room than a club.
I can only hear what Nigel shouts at players - usually Knockaert when the other side has a free kick - or on the rare occasions when he replies to fans.

In light of his recent pronouncements in another thread, I now look upon him as a Tony Benn type character.

While I liked Tony Benn as a character I am more a Harold Wilson-Jim Callaghan man than a Bennite and certainly do not share his contempt for heritage. My resemblance is not to the slim teetotal pipesmoking Mr Benn but more to Mr Pickwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566