Post Match Leicester 1 Aston Villa 2

I said on Saturday that I can't recall seeing a thicker footballer in and out of possession than Dewsbury-Hall. I was pleading for him to be taken off long before his twatty lunge. Genuinely never a PL midfielder. He's shite.

I saw the sense in the game plan but it was poorly executed. We wasted so many opportunities to break quickly. Vardy just didn't help us in that regard so it was Barnes or nothing. He took his goal magnificently by the way.

Our game management totally fell apart in the second half, even before the sending off. Then the cone man (Sadler) and the piss poor keeper coach (Stowell) stood for ages discussing what to do. They were utterly clueless.

The players look increasingly like a Championship side. Full of wrong decisions and safe decisions. It's where we're heading. We absolutely deserve to be relegated this season. We're a mess of a club.

Come on lads, we’ve still got four of (the rest of) the bottom seven to play at home. We can still scramble out of this.
I love all that stuff too.

It seems like nobody has noticed that the entire league is filled with shite outside the top 2.

Spurs are a ****ing appalling team entirely dependent on one player & yet they're in the CL places. As are Newcastle despite having spent hardly any of the blood money yet.

It's a miserable **** of a league & anyone can beat anyone. Equally they can lose to anyone.

But us?

We can't beat anyone.

I don't think some players were as bad as being made out here and after calming down, there are some positives to take from tonight but the way we lost it right at the end could well nullify any of that.

We've just played a team that since Emery has joined, are 2nd/3rd in the form table, and they have only beaten us thanks to a mistake, despite being a man up for 20 mins.

Apart from that stupid pass at the end, Ndidi was probably our best player and i was trying to decide if he was just fully fit again or just thought Rodgers was a dick. He was much more committed than any recent performance and was bullying their midfielders at times to get the ball back, much like his old self, and even carrying the ball forwards at times.

The problem was we just didn't have anyone really that comfortable, or creative, on the ball playing deeper alongside him - Youri needs to come back ASAP and then Wilf can do his old job of winning the ball and passing it to someone who can do something.

Barnes was terrific on the left hand side and I thought Kristiansen was decent too - fully committed as always and providing a good overlap.

Mendy was OK but him and Wilf in midfield is never going to be a pretty watch, he was also partly responsible for the losing goal as he had chance to clear before but undoubtly, Wilf has to do so much better than what he did. He looked devastated after it went in so I think the committment is there from him.

KDH is a strange one as he is really limited on the ball but he really is our engine room. The sending off was just silly though and i don't think we will miss him too much as we should drop Maddison in the middle to replace him.

Madders was poor but wide right is not his position at all and is still the first name on the team sheet.

Vardy though, people must honestly watch a different match if they thought he was effective in any way tonight. He put a tackle in on Konsa at the start to put it out for a goal kick when it would have been better to let him try and get out of that situation and keep the pressure on. I think he won a couple of headers but they didn't go anywhere near our players. He had a chance to put Barnes in but overhit the pass. Second half, i can't remember him doing anything apart from his pointing.

Daka was 10 times more effective despite being on for 20 mins and us being down to 10.

He or Nacho has to start on Saturday but Vardy can still play his part as he is perfect for the impact sub to chuck another striker on and go for it for 20-30 mins.

It's a far from ideal position we are in right now, but at the same time, it is also far from over.

3 points on Saturday and we are right back in the mix.

Red card was the turning point. KDH let us down with that. Before that there was more intent to get forward, we tried to be creative and there was lots more tenacity when we didn't have the ball. Then KDH gets himself sent off seconds before he's about to be substituted and it becomes a backs to the wall job. Then queue another instance of 'shooting ourselves in the foot' with Ndidi's mistake for their winner. It's a long running nightmare.

I'm really resenting Top for leaving it till the last knockings before giving Bodger Rodgers the boot and even then we supposedly did it 'regretfully'.... ffs

My Dad died from sepsis in hospital on Monday the 27th March from a routine operation that should of been in and out in 24 hours.
I sat by his bed for 21 hours before his Heart stopped beating and the Dr declared him dead.
Because we have seats together I couldn't face going without him nor could I sit next to a stranger, my Youngest Daughter whom is 16 asked to go, it was her 1st ever game as she's never shown any interest before, she enjoyed the experience of a live game with the fire and the lights before KO and generally enjoyed the occasion, she wants to go to the Bournemouth game so I'm hoping that she shows enough interest that I keep both tickets for next season.

To be honest the football took 2nd place today but my Dad would be happy that his youngest Granddaughter was there in his place.

Anyway as usual individual errors cost us the game, Maddison is wasted on the right and KDH isn't good enough for the premier League, we should of had Ricardo out wide and Maddison in the middle, Wilf did some brilliant tackles and surging runs but OMG he can't pass to a team mate to save his life, Souttar needs to learn how to track his man he was at fault against Palace and again today.
Barnes had a good game and that was pretty much our entire attacking threat.

Leicester till I die. RIP Dad.

Ahh man, that's really heartbreaking to read Payne74.

So sorry to read of your loss.

Massive win tonight for Timmy’s Stick in the Melton Pool League, especially given the relegation fight we’re in. Ultimately this bodes well for Leicester, as I’m sure our form is linked with us, so we’ll take inspiration from our win into Saturday’s match.

Ndidi's fatal mistake was because of Brendan Rodgers. His coaching has taught Ndidi to pass it out in that scenario rather than actually get rid. What on earth was going on in his mind? Just get rid especially at 10 men in the 86th minute.

We look down and out and worse is that the whole place/attitude stinks. The energy is all wrong from the players, fans, and management/ownership. We need action ASAP. Bring in someone...anyone who can bring some fire and we do absolutely everything we can. Give it 110%. Still 23% of the season left and one win takes us out. Time to bring some bollocks.

Villa are a decent side. Some credit has to go to Gerrard for starting to assemble that squad but more so obviously to Emery - not Dick, the one with the (dyed?) jet black hair and Tim Roth impressions - for the finishing touches and making it all work. They have balance, movement, energy and desire. Things we lack. I wasn't expecting to beat them and watched only to see signs of Rodgers' absence.

Less ****ing about at the back for starters. Defensively, we were back to basics. I may be imagining this but to my eye the players looked less constrained, more free to make their own choices. We were obviously looking to use Barnes' pace with Faes particularly launching a number of long balls down that flank. I reckon players would have thought twice about that last week. On that note....

Ndidi's fatal mistake was because of Brendan Rodgers. His coaching has taught Ndidi to pass it out in that scenario rather than actually get rid.

...the same thing crossed my mind, though I thought criticisms of post-blame-Rodgers were in wait. But yes, I reckon Ndidi was, in that instant, hesitant due to previous instruction. I think he went to hoof it, I reckon that was his first thought, but then decided against and tried to retain possession (previous instruction) and consequently did neither one thing nor the other. He should have stuck with his intuition. I don't put him at fault at all, he had an otherwise excellent game and it was good to see signs of the old Wilf.

I enjoyed the game for the first time in a while. I thought in general we showed much improvement over were we've been at recently. Maddison was largely absent but I put that down to Villa managing him. Iversen left me in no doubt he ought be our 1st choice keeper. So much so I wondered why it was ever a question for Rodgers. I'd go further, I reckon Ward would have been beaten on at least one of their efforts, but Iversen's positioning is superior and he made a couple of saves look comfortable. I love Papy Mendy to bits and cannot be objective there, so I'll not comment further. KDH is always a brain fart away from disaster - it's his energy and desire, he has to learn to control that. His sending off changed the game (I reckon we looked good until that point) The 1st yellow was clear, no question. The 2nd was less so (imo) but he did, as the cliche goes, give the ref a decision to make and I don't complain. It was a robust match in general and I thought, under the circumstances, we did ok. I liked what I saw overall and I do think we're free of a hinderance. But we've a way to go yet.

Bournemouth is, to deal in more cliche, must win.

I just don't know why these coaches all continue to play Maddison out of his natural position? I simply don't get it. Play him at no10, Barnes left and Praet right in a three behind Nacho. Why is that so hard to do?

I just don't know why these coaches all continue to play Maddison out of his natural position? I simply don't get it. Play him at no10, Barnes left and Praet right in a three behind Nacho. Why is that so hard to do?
Because then we have to play Praet.....

Just play Ricardo on the right. Simples.

No, we absolutely must negate the best player in his position in the league to play another duffer in the middle.

Piss take.

I mean. He’s been at the club his whole life and is a Leicester fan.

He works his knackers off every match.

He has limitations as a footballer.

What he did was incredibly stupid but also borne out of his desire to do well.

I’m incredibly annoyed by the red card but I’m willing to give him some grace. He’s just about one of the only ****ers in the squad that looks bothered and likely has a future at the club.

Harsh to turn on him when there are so many other deserving figures.

I mean. He’s been at the club his whole life and is a Leicester fan.

He works his knackers off every match.

He has limitations as a footballer.

What he did was incredibly stupid but also borne out of his desire to do well.

I’m incredibly annoyed by the red card but I’m willing to give him some grace. He’s just about one of the only ****ers in the squad that looks bothered and likely has a future at the club.

Harsh to turn on him when there are so many other deserving figures.
Spot on. I was so angry with him yesterday but with a clearer head, you're absolutely right.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563