Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Warnock had been available in November then he would have been the right man. But its only proper to give Pearson the opportunity to sort out this mess. Like some others I'm not sure that the owners will have the stomach for the major overhaul needed. Their lack of understanding of football may be an excuse but that wont help the club and us supporters if they walk away. I don't have much sympathy for the Radio Leicester lads when Pearson takes the p-ss out of them. Their absurd over-hyping of the players has been a minor but contributory feature which has now led to a disillusioned crowd being on the back of the players from the first whistle.

I would think that Pearson's comments were made with reference to fans' expectations in general, rather than just to today's inept display. I heard fans booing after both the Ipswich and Portsmouth games. We drew those ffs.

Listening to those who sit around me, it's clear that many of our fans believe we should be winning every game. When has that ever happened? I can only think that expectations are so high because of last summer's spending. Never mind that most of it was spent on absolute sh*t, eh?

I don't necessarily believe that the boos are always for the result. I'm sure most fans would stomach a draw as long as the players were performing. Besides, it not just today's inept display, it's an accumulation of inept displays.

Do you not believe we can win every game? Do you not go to every game believing that we can win it? I do! I just wish the players and the manager did!

Deluded to expect better football than on display today? Put that in the next season ticket brochure and see how they sell. If the club and manager think they will survive on performances like this they are the deluded ones.

Very true.

I don't necessarily believe that the boos are always for the result. I'm sure most fans would stomach a draw as long as the players were performing. Besides, it not just today's inept display, it's an accumulation of inept displays.

Do you not believe we can win every game? Do you not go to every game believing that we can win it? I do! I just wish the players and the manager did!

I do believe we can win games, although it isn't often at the moment that I believe we will. In any case, there's a world of difference between believing that we can win games and believing that we have a divine right to do so.

For me it's Pearson's poor management skills that are a worry. He doesn't know what his best team is or what formation.
Chris Hughton seems to have organised his team despite losing Danns, Johnson, Larsson, Jerome, Gardner, Foster, Phillips and Ferguson. Yet he has managed to get in free transfers and his team are in with a great chance for the play-offs, they have also played in Europe.
After about 15 games Leicester are in decline and are so lacking in confidence. Pearson is paid to manage and on a very generous wage but so far he has failed miserably.

Did anyone else spot an incident when Barnsleys final sub was waiting to come on? The Barnsley coach said something to him and the player seemed to have a right go back. I wondered if the player might throw a punch at the coach.
It does lead me to wonder whether whether a player has ever been sent off as he was waiting to come on.

Inept all over the park. Forget criticising Pearson. Eriksson's second rate signings are really being exposed now. Credit to Barnsley, i thought they looked a useful side.

Just got in. Only got to post 14 so apologies if this is repeated further down the thread. The poorest performances today were from Wellens, King and Gallagher!

Season over. I'm sorry but thats the mentality of a loser. Never stop trying.

Or ... It is the mentality of a realist?

I don't think the season is over. I think we have to make sure we get enough points to avoid relegation.

I hope that they're all thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Absolutely toothless again. Kasper is the only one who can come away with any credit. He must feel furious at the rest of them....he's there putting in a shift and the rest are just waiting for an excuse to piss off to nandos, tweet shitty 'banter' and play on their PlayStations. Absolute disgrace from the lot of them.

... I don't have much sympathy for the Radio Leicester lads when Pearson takes the p-ss out of them. Their absurd over-hyping of the players has been a minor but contributory feature which has now led to a disillusioned crowd being on the back of the players from the first whistle.

I take it that this is a response to my remark about the post match interview. I do have a certain sympathy with the interviewers, they're only doing their jobs: however, my main point was that it gives a clue as to Pearson's character, his style of man management. He appears to me, to be a dinosaur. In the 1970's and '80's, managers in industry, as well as football, took the, "I'm the manager, if I tell you to jump, the only question that you ask is, 'How high?'" approach.

Whether one hankers for a return to these days, or revels in the new egalitarianism, one must accept change and adapt. Pearson's faux bluff Yorkshireman does not wash with modern players. SSL, Fernandes and Johnson: one player taking exception to a new manager shows his weak character; three, and maybe the problem lies elsewhere.

Whether one hankers for a return to these days, or revels in the new egalitarianism, one must accept change and adapt. Pearson's faux bluff Yorkshireman does not wash with modern players. SSL, Fernandes and Johnson: one player taking exception to a new manager shows his weak character; three, and maybe the problem lies elsewhere.
What county is Nottingham in?

Interesting insight from Bruce Nadin in a Facebook posting:

"He [Pearson] has inherited a mess - sven signed a mixture of troublemakers (naming no names), football mercenaries (naming no names) and talentless overpaid wasters."

We've all done to death the analysis. Its clear after 26 games that we don't have a strong squad and the professionals managing other clubs worked that out pretty quickly. Most of us haven't wanted to believe our eyes quite so quickly. You can go through the team and identify individual big mistakes on fees/ wages (whatever the precise details) e.g. Mills - an ordinary defender with bad disciplinary record who should never be captain (e.g. see his ridiculous argument with ref yesterday); Beckford ( I think that Everton should at least acknowledge our generous donation with some sort of plaque at Goodison). But the balance and composition of the squad as a whole is poor.

I think the best thing now would beto lay off Pearson while he tries to sort it out. He's paid well enough to do that. We should hope to see some substantial improvement in August. Sometimes I've felt sorry for the owners but I've gone off that now. They were rash enough to get heavily involved in a business about which they know nothing and are consequently paying the price.

Maybe we'll get a bit of an FA Cup run to keep the troops a bit happier.

We've all done to death the analysis. Its clear after 26 games that we don't have a strong squad and the professionals managing other clubs worked that out pretty quickly. Most of us haven't wanted to believe our eyes quite so quickly. You can go through the team and identify individual big mistakes on fees/ wages (whatever the precise details) e.g. Mills - an ordinary defender with bad disciplinary record who should never be captain (e.g. see his ridiculous argument with ref yesterday); Beckford ( I think that Everton should at least acknowledge our generous donation with some sort of plaque at Goodison). But the balance and composition of the squad as a whole is poor.

I think the best thing now would beto lay off Pearson while he tries to sort it out. He's paid well enough to do that. We should hope to see some substantial improvement in August. Sometimes I've felt sorry for the owners but I've gone off that now. They were rash enough to get heavily involved in a business about which they know nothing and are consequently paying the price.

Maybe we'll get a bit of an FA Cup run to keep the troops a bit happier.

Totally agree Redditch, Sven squandered millions in fees and wages on players nowhere near good enough to justify such lavish outlay and I also agree that the owners are just as culpable and naive in their approach, IMO they were star struck with Sven and he manipulated that and was therefore able to spend recklessly, I honestly believe that the owners have come to their senses and realised this club has to be run and managed as a sustainable business and that Pearson has been brought in too cut costs, move out the high earning trouble makers and build a team, similar to his last tenure here and also what he achieved at Hull.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670