Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree that the owners are just as culpable and naive in their approach, IMO they were star struck with Sven and he manipulated that and was therefore able to spend recklessly, I honestly believe that the owners have come to their senses and realised this club has to be run and managed as a sustainable business and that Pearson has been brought in too cut costs, move out the high earning trouble makers and build a team, similar to his last tenure here and also what he achieved at Hull.

I hope that is correct because its the only way forward and better than the doomsday scenario where the owners pull out leaving the club facing bankruptcy. I don't want to be unfair but I sense that some of those people moaning about Pearson hanker for the Sven delusory regime where people are led up the garden path with talk of signing world class name players ending up with money being thrown at very ordinary performers. We need a manager who is going to stamp on that culture and try to balance the books and turn out a team of players who play as a unit and have some real commitment to Leicester City. It won't be easy.

Anybody else hear that total numpty ask Robbie Savage on 606 if he would come out of retirement as our midfield needed him?

Who was that joker. MoFo. Have you got any idea who it was? :icon_wink

Anybody else hear that total numpty ask Robbie Savage on 606 if he would come out of retirement as our midfield needed him?

Who was that joker. MoFo. Have you got any idea who it was? :icon_wink

The guy you mention appeared to have a faux bluff Yorkshire accent.

I can't be bothered to look, but what is the correlation between those who are for/against NP, and those who were for/against SGE?

I'd like a spreadsheet.

I don't think Pearson has done any worse (perhaps a fraction) than was expected. I fully expect him to grind out results soon that will see us finish just above half way which is an accurate reflection of our mediocrity.

What worries me more is the tactics he is deploying in cutting out the midfield and hoofing it long to Nudgent who had no support from another striker or our midfield.

If these are the tactics we can expect long term - and let's face it we weren't too far away from this in his previous tenure - then he will certainly lose a large proportion of the crowd and his better 'players'.

Horrible, horrible football to watch, I think the 'just like watching brazil' chant should be amended in our case to 'just like watching paint dry'.

I don't think Pearson has done any worse (perhaps a fraction) than was expected. I fully expect him to grind out results soon that will see us finish just above half way which is an accurate reflection of our mediocrity.

What worries me more is the tactics he is deploying in cutting out the midfield and hoofing it long to Nudgent who had no support from another striker or our midfield.

If these are the tactics we can expect long term - and let's face it we weren't too far away from this in his previous tenure - then he will certainly lose a large proportion of the crowd and his better 'players'.

Horrible, horrible football to watch, I think the 'just like watching brazil' chant should be amended in our case to 'just like watching paint dry'.

Spot on. This is the problem. Sven had to go before he did more damage. Pearson will grind out better results in due course. Unfortunately it won't be entertaining - but if it is sufficiently effective then we'll turn up bcause of the chance of promotion (not this season tho' ...obviously).

No doubt we will start the farce of the last 10 years all over again when we get Pearson sacked.

Spot on. This is the problem. Sven had to go before he did more damage. Pearson will grind out better results in due course. Unfortunately it won't be entertaining - but if it is sufficiently effective then we'll turn up bcause of the chance of promotion (not this season tho' ...obviously).

Agreed, I think though we have a hard core of about 22k who will turn out come what may in this division but the floaters at the thick end of £30 a pop will not pay to watch this style of shit.

I'm afraid to say I was against this appointment and I have no reason to change my opinion of what football and tactics Pearson deploys.

Not a bright future in my opinion. I'm no blue Mongie but I seriously think we need Neil warnock in as soon as possible.

Agreed, I think though we have a hard core of about 22k who will turn out come what may in this division but the floaters at the thick end of £30 a pop will not pay to watch this style of shit.

I'm afraid to say I was against this appointment and I have no reason to change my opinion of what football and tactics Pearson deploys.

Not a bright future in my opinion. I'm no blue Mongie but I seriously think we need Neil warnock in as soon as possible.

Totally agree.

No doubt we will start the farce of the last 10 years all over again when we get Pearson sacked.

I think you're probably right Lako. Unfortunately this merry go round has manifested because our owners - past and present have employed some fecking terrible managers.

Interesting insight from Bruce Nadin in a Facebook posting:

"He [Pearson] has inherited a mess - sven signed a mixture of troublemakers (naming no names), football mercenaries (naming no names) and talentless overpaid wasters."

Pretty much backs up what's been said here and not at all difficult to fill in the brackets with names.

Last edited:
Not sure if we were, but watch this space as we may be heading that way soon.

I've always been a staunch supporter of Warnock as an exceptional manager at this level even when there was all that hysteria about his largely accurate comments about us when we came out of administration. Unfortunately, partly thanks to the views amplified by the Foxes Trust we missed out on a brilliant manager. However, I think that opportunity has now gone and I would fear for our position if we made another manager change this season.

Perhaps we need Pearson to sort things out and in due course a different type of manager to take the club forward. As I see it Pearson is a no bull sh-t type manager who is exactly the opposite of Sven - and that's partly why he got the job.

The biggest concern isn't who is the current manager its actually how long the owners are going to put up with the club. They possibly bought in looking for quick glory and possibly a lucrative sell on. I can't imagine that they are not cr-pping themselves at this point.

Kermogant, Verma, N'Guessan, Neilson, Ajdarević....not all terrible but none were good

Lucky if they played 50 games between them, none of them cost £3 million upwards either. All free gambles.

Thoroughly ****ed off with this set of players. Pearson's not helping himself either, his body language is a bit defeated at the mo.

.... As I see it Pearson is a no bull sh-t type manager ...

I know that's what he portrays, but is it the real man? If so, why threaten RL that if Stringer keeps asking unpleasant (perhaps silly) questions, they won't get interviews? When has he ever said, "I got that wrong."? Straight talking is about more than bluster.

I know that's what he portrays, but is it the real man? If so, why threaten RL that if Stringer keeps asking unpleasant (perhaps silly) questions, they won't get interviews? When has he ever said, "I got that wrong."? Straight talking is about more than bluster.

Problem is mate that I warm to Pearson when he puts down Stringer. I go to a few matches; watch a few more on stream (only legally obviously) and live near enough to pick up RL occasionally. Now RL to me is a bad experience. At the start of the season I heard Stringer talking about us and I thought I was back in Spain hearing about Barcelona! When we talk about delusions of grandeur. I'm sure Pearson is role playing to an extent with this bluff style - but I'd rather here that the delusory stuff of Sven rehashed by RL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669