Post Match Leicester 1 Brighton 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm.. can you stop your logical points.

Everyone knows it’s BR’s fault. Our defence is terrible, so what type of manager brings on another defender to help out…
One who doesn't understand his opposition? One who is in panic mode? One who doesn't have the first clue about momentum? A ****?

That was absolutely ****ing crap. From coach to players, limp and cowardly shit. Lucky to get a point at home to a shit team.

Quick data point here (less about the player and more about the approach):

It’s got nothing to do with Soumare coming on and everything to do with us always ending up with absolutely no shape or balance to the team after the manager has made his substitutions. It happens game after game after game.

There is no defence for his tactics today. After going ahead we gave up all intent of getting a second and settled for trying to hold out, which with our defensive record you don’t need to be a footballing genius to know is a ****ing ludicrous plan. At 1-1 we had absolutely no chance of getting a winner. The midfield had no shape or control. The attack was non-existent. Anybody who justifies his second half tactics is just wrong, plain and simple.

More points pissed away. With his negative mindset on and off the pitch, it’s time for Rodgers to go at the end of the season. If we have peaked as a club then he has certainly peaked with us as a manager. Thanks for the FA Cup. Seeya later.

Right.

I have to say that’s rank mismanagement from Rodgers.

We are clearly incapable of holding onto a lead, further allowing pressure onto this fragile group of players is inevitably going to lead to mistakes.

This against a team that scores more late goals than any in the league.

What possible evidence did Rodgers have that we could shut up shop and see the clean sheet out? We’ve only done it 3 times this season.

Im losing count of the times he’s made negative changes that have turned games away from us.

Extremely annoyed. He’s on the edge again for me.

Spot on.

I'm sick and tired of BR playing tactical nonsense rather than trying to win matches. Before the game I heard him say that he enjoyed playing against Brighton because it was tactical and both sides always make changes to their shape during the game.

In the second half, I was yelling at BR to stop playing fecking chess and start trying to win a football match. He made a fatal change of shape that was completely unnecessary and we blew it. As so many people keep saying about him, he overthought the situation.

How many times when an opponent put on another forward does he immediately add an extra central defender? It feels like an automatic response by him now.

There is an awful load of nonsense in football but the most ridiculous drivel is the puffed up idiot managers in the game pretending that it's anything other than a kids game played by thick young men who run about and the ones that run about best usually win.

Positives today:

Great to see Justin get a 90 mins. He is rusty but looked the best full back we've had all season.
Soyuncu was excellent for me. Did a lot of work, tried several long passes which I approved of. Some worked, some didn't but it varied the play up.

Negatives today:

Barnes was awful. Just looks bereft of confidence.
The whole team still look completely unfit. The opposition ALWAYS seem to have more energy than us in the last 30 mins.

So when a team starts pressing us the last 10 mins we should take a defender off and bring on a striker?
They started pressing at 60 mins, when we thought it a good idea to go to five at the back with no outlet.

Another thing I noticed today when we are pissing it around playing it across the back. It seems that in about 90% of the time we look to pass backwards even when there is opportunity ti go forwards. We always play the ball to the player, behind him or on to his wrong foot, it immediately stops up building momentum.

Turgid shit.

First half was the worst I've seen Brighton this season. They were well off their usual standard. We had a great opportunity to take advantage but we didn't. We looked tired and scared.

Second half started so well with the goal. Instantly corrected the mess we'd made of the first half. We then retreated into BRs chess drivel and lost all momentum and shape.

With a bit more composure in the final third, Brighton would have deservedly won.

Positives today:

Great to see Justin get a 90 mins. He is rusty but looked the best full back we've had all season.
Soyuncu was excellent for me. Did a lot of work, tried several long passes which I approved of. Some worked, some didn't but it varied the play up.

Negatives today:

Barnes was awful. Just looks bereft of confidence.
The whole team still look completely unfit. The opposition ALWAYS seem to have more energy than us in the last 30 mins.
Barnes form is a major concern.

That. Or not remove the two paciest threats that keep the other side honest.

There was nothing wrong with taking off Barnes and Lookman. Barnes was awful and Lookman was knackered. The problem was replacing them with Albrighton and Soumare.

It was shit. It was shit before Soumare came on but after Lookman was taken off there was absolutely no hope of keeping the ball when we managed to hack it clear.

Could have had 8 centre backs on the pitch, they’re all shit. Might as well have tried to keep the ball away from our goal.

Played some good stuff in an attacking sense. Nerves set in towards the end and in the end we were lucky not to lose it again as some of that defending was atrocious late on. You can tell we just dread having to defend. Numerous times we showed aerial frailties that have shown us up earlier in the season and on on occasion, Soumare not tracking a runner from midfield - luckily Kasper saved it but once again that is an issue that has happened time and time again and the kid just hasn't learned from previous errors.

Defensively we are absolutely ****ing shocking. Only the Liverpool game you can point to this season where you can say we've actually defending heroically but clearly that was a one off as rather than serving as a turning point, it's all gone to shit again since.

We learned our mistakes from midweek and there was a big reaction today….apparently.

Their keeper made great saves in the first half - no, he didn’t.

A great header - maybe. But one they the defenders marking him could have done something about -absolutely. A cross into the six yard box that Schmeichel could have caught or punched or at worse put some pressure on Welbeck - absofuckinlutely.

I’m guessing the insipid interviewer didn’t press him on exactly what lessons were learned.

Well, in the context of getting battered for the majority of the 2nd half, and hanging on when it looked like they were certain to get a second then a point IS a good result.

That we shouldn't have been playing like that in the 1st place is another matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566