Post Match Leicester 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a half decent performance.

First 20 we were fantastic, for some strange reason we decided to totally stop being fantastic on the 21st minute despite the fact that the Brighton defence looked terrified of us and seemed to make a mess of every pass when pressed.

Looked very similar to our 2nd half performance at Brum actually. However the defence was so typically amazing that we didn't need to worry too much, however there will be times (It very nearly happened tonight) where we will be punished for our slowing tempo.

I am really enjoying the passing game we currently play, however it turned into the slowest moves imaginable last night, it was painful waiting for the move to actually materialise at times.

Overall a solidish display but we need to watch our complacency at times.

MOTM - Danny Drinkwater, what a total revelation this llad is, picks up every ball going and distributes it with ease from side to side, everything we did went through him at some point, Lennonesque....

P.s. the crowd were shite, outsung by the most miserable of away fans for most of the game, the KOP made more noise when the game had finished than when actually taking place, strange for the position we find ourselves in currently, then again these fans fixtures always create a shite atmosphere, it was a bit like family night football at times.

Silence is deafening from the morons that wanted Pearson gone just a few games ago. :038:

I take it that I am part of that group. What do you want me to say? I am still not enamoured of Nigel Pearson; I did not expect us to do so well, but I am pleased that we are. I still have strong doubts that we are building a team for a Premier League future. We'll see.......

Silence is deafening from the morons that wanted Pearson gone just a few games ago. :038:
Can anyone check on Terrence, I'm concerned this has sent him over the edge and he's now only using lower case characters.

A concerned reader.

I still have strong doubts that we are building a team for a Premier League future. We'll see.......

Can you name me the Norwich/Swansea/QPR starting line-ups that got them promoted in 2010/11 and subsequently managed to avoid relegation last season?

I certainly can't. I could probably name a handful of players from each team. Ultimately they got promotion and didn't come straight back down. If you can name them (without Google) then fair enough, but I suspect you would level the same criticism at them back in 2011/12 as you are towards us now.

Can you name me the Norwich/Swansea/QPR starting line-ups that got them promoted in 2010/11 and subsequently managed to avoid relegation last season?

I certainly can't. I could probably name a handful of players from each team. Ultimately they got promotion and didn't come straight back down. If you can name them (without Google) then fair enough, but I suspect you would level the same criticism at them back in 2011/12 as you are towards us now.

Or even 2010/11 :icon_wink

It's been good to see this team/management prove numerous criticisms wrong.

Entertaining to watch. Regular criticism of Pearson was that we are dull and would rather grind out the victory than leave fans applauding excellent football.

Can't be said no more, especially when you have Knockaert nutmegging opposition in the last ten minutes and players capable of hitting a 25 yard rocket with four minutes remaining. At half-time at Birmingham, the team was clapped off to mass applause.

Maybe sometimes it's all about what players you attract at the time you are at a club. Pearson's second chance with a bit more money available and we have the capital to sign Knockaert. Additionally, you are not going to find many 'Premier League' players want to play in the Championship when they can cream massive amounts of money on the bench at Wigan or such like.

Last edited:
Who's going to do all the laundry if we get to the Premier League? Gladys and Enda are clearly gonna be out of their depth. PEAR SON obviously just isn't preparing us properly

It's been good to see this team/management prove numerous criticisms wrong.

Entertaining to watch. Regular criticism of Pearson was that we are dull and would rather grind out the victory than leave fans applauding excellent football.

Can't be said no more, especially when you have Knockaert nutmegging opposition in the last ten minutes and players capable of hitting a 25 yard rocket with four minutes remaining. At half-time at Birmingham, the team was clapped off to mass applause.

Maybe sometimes it's all about what players you attract at the time you are at a club. Pearson's second chance with a bit more money available and we have the capital to sign Knockaert. Additionally, you are not going to find many 'Premier League' players want to play in the Championship when they can cream massive amounts of money on the bench at Wigan or such like.

Exactly.

Nugent almost seems to have gone missing over the last few games, his only real contribution of the night was an excellent surging run to set up Kingy's goal.

On the contrary, I thought Nugent ran his bollocks off last night, providing an outlet up front whenever it was needed, and compensating for the fact that he had a complete duffer playing alongside him

If things stay as they are, is there a chance our game on the 22nd Dec will be televised?
Hope so - my lad's in the Guard of Honour! :)

The one thing you always get with Pearson is a superb scouting network. I'm not sure how they do it, but I'm sure Steve Walsh deserves immense credit for the big players we pick up. Knockaert is the type of player who can make the difference between promotion and staying put.

Homer, presumably you've changed your mind about Morgan now? I remember a quite vociferous opposition to the idea of his transfer not so long back.

Homer, presumably you've changed your mind about Morgan now? I remember a quite vociferous opposition to the idea of his transfer not so long back.

Oh, yes. Got that one completely wrong

Without him we would be fecked this season, and that's a FACT

Looks like he's lost about a stone over the close season, if not more

I'm really pleased that we're top of the league and more so that we seem to have created a real fortress at home, which we haven't had for some time. I don't think the squad is perfect though, but then which squad is? I'd much rather we had Beckford back and partnering Nugent than relying on the likes of Waghorn. Hopefully he'll return from his loan at Huddersfield and will be able to feature for us.

Was a half decent performance.

First 20 we were fantastic, for some strange reason we decided to totally stop being fantastic on the 21st minute despite the fact that the Brighton defence looked terrified of us and seemed to make a mess of every pass when pressed.

Looked very similar to our 2nd half performance at Brum actually. However the defence was so typically amazing that we didn't need to worry too much, however there will be times (It very nearly happened tonight) where we will be punished for our slowing tempo.

I am really enjoying the passing game we currently play, however it turned into the slowest moves imaginable last night, it was painful waiting for the move to actually materialise at times.

Overall a solidish display but we need to watch our complacency at times.

MOTM - Danny Drinkwater, what a total revelation this llad is, picks up every ball going and distributes it with ease from side to side, everything we did went through him at some point, Lennonesque....

P.s. the crowd were shite, outsung by the most miserable of away fans for most of the game, the KOP made more noise when the game had finished than when actually taking place, strange for the position we find ourselves in currently, then again these fans fixtures always create a shite atmosphere, it was a bit like family night football at times.

I think the fans need time to mentally adjust to being successful again. They are so used to negativity, both from the pitch and themselves, that it will take a while to drag some out of it.

Who's going to do all the laundry if we get to the Premier League? Gladys and Enda are clearly gonna be out of their depth. PEAR SON obviously just isn't preparing us properly

Even though I am a self-righteous and indignant arsehole and should be annoyed by your comment, I actually think you are spot on. We need premier league quality laundry ladies and we need them now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669