Post Match Leicester 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it that I am part of that group. What do you want me to say? I am still not enamoured of Nigel Pearson; I did not expect us to do so well, but I am pleased that we are. I still have strong doubts that we are building a team for a Premier League future. We'll see.......

Well you certainly haven't got anything right this season so far, from the comfort of your armchair. So I'll take your views on whether we are building a team for the premier league with a pinch of salt.

Well you certainly haven't got anything right this season so far, from the comfort of your armchair. So I'll take your views on whether we are building a team for the premier league with a pinch of salt.

He hasn't responded to my question either yet.

I think the fans need time to mentally adjust to being successful again. They are so used to negativity, both from the pitch and themselves, that it will take a while to drag some out of it.

Quite probable, however I think a certain amount of our fans enjoy slagging the team off, some cnut next to me slagged off everything that wasn't perfect last night, every little pass that wasn't pin-point, every tackle they made on us was our fault, I had to tell him to shut up at one point, the miserable old ****er was ruining the evening.

But you could tell that he was enjoying being negative, he fooking loved it. It's bred deep into some of them.

They actually should not be supporting Leicester, they cannot be mentally stable if they are seriously ****ed off that not every pass is perfect, and that not every attack ends in us forcing their keeper into a world class save, funny thing was he was borrowing someones season ticket who couldn't make it.

Last edited:
Quite probable, however I think a certain amount of our fans enjoy slagging the team off, some **** next to me slagged off everything that wasn't perfect last night, every little pass that wasn't pin-point, every tackle they made on us was our fault, I had to tell him to shut up at one point, the miserable old ****er was ruining the evening.

Twat behind me from 40 minutes: 'Attack! Attack! Attack!' 85 minutes: 'keep it in the corner'

Then again this is the bloke who loves lambast King at any opportunity yet started singing his name after goal last night.

Last night's game was a little dull and at times frustrating but I think that was more to do with the way Brighton set up than anything else. It would have been nice to see us play with more attacking intent through out but Pearson correctly reacted to the way Brighton approached the match and it worked. They're a good passing side and going at them too much would have left us vulnerable on the counter attack. A professional performance rather than a spectacular one, but we're going to have to endure a few of those if we are to maintain our challenge.

On Waghorn, I'm by no means a fan but his approach play last night wasn't bad. I can't give him higher praise than that because it would be undeserved but he wasn't anything like as bad as some of those surrounding me appeared to believe. He does need to start putting simple chances away but at least his movement is good enough that he is in those sort of positions in the first place. He has demonstrated in the past that he can score at this level and it is worth remembering that he was something of a hero to some following his loan spell here. Let's hope he can find that kind of form again. My preference would be for us to bring in a loan signing or to give Futacs or Schlupp a go but neither option looks likely. I can't fault Waghorn's attitude. He doesn't piss and moan and he wants to do well for the club. He's much like Dyer in that way. I hope he comes good.

Last edited:
Last night's game was a little dull and at times frustrating but I think that was more to do with the way Brighton set up than anything else. It would have been nice to see us play with more attacking intent through out but Pearson correctly reacted to the way Brighton approached the match and it worked. They're a good passing side and going at them too much would have left us vulnerable on the counter attack. A professional performance rather than a spectacular one, but we're going to have to endure a few of those if we are to maintain our challenge.

On Waghorn, I'm by no means a fan but his approach play last night wasn't bad. I can't give him higher praise than that because it would be undeserved but he wasn't anything like as bad as some of those surrounding me appeared to believe. He does need to start putting simple chances away but at least his movement is good enough that he is in those sort of positions in the first place. He has demonstrated in the past that he can score at this level and it is worth remembering that he was something of a hero to some following his loan spell here. Let's hope he can find that kind of form again. My preference would be for us to bring in a loan signing or to give Futacs or Schlupp a go but neither option looks likely. I can't fault Waghorn's attitude. He doesn't piss and moan and he wants to do well for the club. He's much like Dyer in that way. I hope he comes good.

Wow. That's impressive. I think.

Well that was a bit hairy - and i don't mean big Wes's cobblers

Outstanding for the first twenty minutes, bit careless and sloppy for the rest of the first half

Hampered by having to play for about seventy minutes with only ten men - Waghorn being completely hopeless, bordering on the embarrassing side of desperate

Drinky and King were excellent, as were Big Wes and Where's Zac. Dyer played well, as did Noooooooge

Only the most ardent PearSON sceptic can fail to realise that something very special is happening right now at LCFConwards, and ever upwards....

Now i really believe

then again these fans fixtures always create a shite atmosphere, it was a bit like family night football at times.

I never feel quite as comfortable swearing and screaming like a loony when I'm surrounded by Johnny-come-lately's, noobs and others who have no idea of what it's like to be passionate about something!

Quite probable, however I think a certain amount of our fans enjoy slagging the team off, some cnut next to me slagged off everything that wasn't perfect last night, every little pass that wasn't pin-point, every tackle they made on us was our fault, I had to tell him to shut up at one point, the miserable old ****er was ruining the evening.

But you could tell that he was enjoying being negative, he fooking loved it. It's bred deep into some of them.
Were you sitting next to Alan Young?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670