Post Match Leicester 1 Bristol City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only disappointment is that Maynard did not get his hatrick as it is what both he and Leicester rightly deserved. Roll on Miller and Derbyshire scoring against us on Saturday!

Blown it! Best to hope for now is the play-offs, already 6 points off the pace.

Even worse is that Maynard's price has doubled and a host of Premier League clubs have been alerted. If we'd beaten them and kept him quiet I was sure we'd get him, but no chance now.

Everything about this post is complete and utter bollocks!

The more and more I think about it the more I am convinced that Sven is buckling under the weight of expectation. Dropping 5 players including your captain after one poor performance is knee jerk to say the least and smacks of desperation. You would think that a manager of Svens experience would not make such naive decisions and I really fear the damage to squad morale and individuals confidence off the back of some of his decisions last night.

The likes of Mills and Schlupp must be the thinking WTF one bad game and I am out truly barking
Except in the case of Mills, it's three bad games.

A truly dreadful performance from start to finish. Making five changes was quite ridiculous. Dropping Mills for the truly godawful St Ledger was bordering on insane

A hopeleass first half, with Nugent standing on his own with no other player within twenty five yards of him. Pitiful, turgid unimaginative tactics yet again. With Hey Ho rally for ten minutes of the second half, it all rapidly fell away to complete shite soon after. Our bench conisted of a goalie, a defender, two defensive midifelders and a complete duffer who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Great squad, you've assembled there, Sven. Nothing changed, nothing was tried. he didn't even have the imagination to switch Dyer over to the left, obvioulsy preferring to watch him fail spectacularly over the right

Bristol played really well. Excellent closing down all over the pitch, super coherent defensive work, top notch work playing on the break

To date it appears that we have spunked nigh on ten million notes on a collection of very, very average players which have produced performances that have been no better than that useless Portuguese fop could muster only twelve months ago.

Pathetic

For anyone who cares, my ratings are as follows:

Schmeichel - 6 Didn't do anything particularly wrong
Peltier - 5 performed fairly well defensively, but has nothing going forward
Bamba 4 - not one of his best, to be honest. Missed tackles, out of position, misplaced passes
St Ledger - 2 I was horrified when we signed him, and he has lived up perfectly to my expectations. Dreadful distribution, headless chicken defending, and his mistake for the second was simply pitiful in the extreme. Should not be anywhere near the first team
Konchesky - 4 constantly gave the ball away, overhit 'passes' and generally did feck all
Dyer - 3 played too deep, too wide, too clueless
Gallagher - 1 Oh my goodness he was SHITE. Couldn't find his own player with a three yard pass. Pathetic
Wellens - 4 anonymous throughout the first half, slightly better second. V. poor
Fernandes - 3 Very poor headless chicken display. Conceded a stupid free kick for their first goal, and provided little much else
King - 1 Pointless. Utterly, utterly pointless
Nugent - 7 Simply doesn't deserve to be playing with this shower of shite. Left completely on his own for the first 45, and suffered countless long balls for the second. Tried very hard, but he was forced to cover the whole front line single handed. Needs help desperately

Waghorn - 0 How does he even get on the bench ? Seriously. Doesn't even look like a professional footballer any more, and contributed the square root of feck all
Danns - Can't give a rating as I'm still not convinced that he was actually on the pitch

Maynard - 9 An outstanding performance. Constantly pecking at our defenders when they had the ball, constantly running down channels, busy and skilful on the ball and two beautifully taken goals. We should increase our offer immediately. If has any sense at all, however, he will have taken a good look around him and realised that he is actually far better off where he is

At home you have to force the issue, you have to press the opposition, get the ball in their box as often as you can, commit men to attack and keep the pressure on. Bristol were very happy to to watch us pass the ball 20 times before losing it or playing a speculative ball to our lone striker. They didnt have to play brilliant, just wait for us to run out ideas with the ball. We have no direct threat at the moment, nothing to make the opposition back four think a bit. Our two goals have been a set piece and a long range shot. Keeping the ball only works if you do something with it. It seems to me that the final pass is nearly always made out of desperation rather than craft. A lot of work to do to turn us in to a team that will force the issue. We were worried about Maynard before the kick off, he's seen as a direct threat to any team. We don't have one.

When Sven has 2 good players in each position, it is not 'knee jerk' to rotate the squad to find your best team. Who would have argued against King and Gallagher starting this game?

When Sven has 2 good players in each position, it is not 'knee jerk' to rotate the squad to find your best team. Who would have argued against King and Gallagher starting this game?

Nobody, in fact a fair few wanted to start with the team he did, bar Mills being dropped. But since we lost, it turns out the fans knew better.

I think it's very early to be panicking.

Having said that (and without attending any games) some of Sven's decisions seem questionable:

1) Why didn't King start from the beginning of this season, last season he scored 15 odd goals by making the runs that we are now lacking and he was made captain for a few games i recall - not great for his confidence is it?

2) Having made Mills the new captain and him having a poor start we drop him completely, having spent 5m quid on him, how can this be justified, surely you stick by your captain or what is the message we are sending to the rest of the squad?

3) Chopping and changing the team 'on a whim' creates nothing but disillusionment among the squad, why are we adopting the approach of 'one bad game and your dropped?'

4) He needs to find his best 11 and formation and stick with it for half a dozen or so games, the extra players for each position should be there to cover injuries, suspensions and to replace someone who has been woefully out of form for half a dozen games. Making 5 changes from the last game is laughable.

Unfortunately we never get anything at Forest and i can't see it changing this year, i fear 4 or 5 losses on the bounce if he can't instill some structure fast.

Come on Sven sort it out.

why do people keep talking about chopping and changing and it affecting player's confidence? same with King not starting. we have no idea what conversations have gone on behind closed door and how it has been handled.

I blame the name of the stadium lost every game so far. Change it back now.

I had a new shirt for the new season. We have lost every game that I have attended whilst wearing it. Back to my Walkers shirt against the Saints.

To date it appears that we have spunked nigh on ten million notes on a collection of very, very average players which have produced performances that have been no better than that useless Portuguese fop could muster only twelve months ago.

Pathetic

He's right, you know.

A truly dreadful performance from start to finish. Making five changes was quite ridiculous. Dropping Mills for the truly godawful St Ledger was bordering on insane

ATo date it appears that we have spunked nigh on ten million notes on a collection of very, very average players which have produced performances that have been no better than that useless Portuguese fop could muster only twelve months ago.

Pathetic

Nugent - 7 Simply doesn't deserve to be playing with this shower of shite. Left completely on his own for the first 45, and suffered countless long balls for the second. Tried very hard, but he was forced to cover the whole front line single handed. Needs help desperately

Waghorn - 0 How does he even get on the bench ? Seriously. Doesn't even look like a professional footballer any more, and contributed the square root of feck all
Danns - Can't give a rating as I'm still not convinced that he was actually on the pitch

Maynard - 9 An outstanding performance. Constantly pecking at our defenders when they had the ball, constantly running down channels, busy and skilful on the ball and two beautifully taken goals. We should increase our offer immediately. If has any sense at all, however, he will have taken a good look around him and realised that he is actually far better off where he is

I always factor into my opinions an understanding that I'm a seriously miserable old git but that said....Sven hasn't produced any consistent decent results since March. He's brought in journeymen players like Danns and is probably paying them more than anyone else would; he's deeply into chopping and changing. Some of his critics have labelled him for ages as an "ineffectual" manager. I hope that they aren't right.

Im quite pleased that my next (possible) game wont be til end of September....

A hopeleass first half, with Nugent standing on his own with no other player within twenty five yards of him. Pitiful, turgid unimaginative tactics yet again. With Hey Ho rally for ten minutes of the second half, it all rapidly fell away to complete shite soon after. Our bench conisted of a goalie, a defender, two defensive midifelders and a complete duffer who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Great squad, you've assembled there, Sven. Nothing changed, nothing was tried. he didn't even have the imagination to switch Dyer over to the left, obvioulsy preferring to watch him fail spectacularly over the right

Bristol played really well. Excellent closing down all over the pitch, super coherent defensive work, top notch work playing on the break

Pathetic

For anyone who cares, my ratings are as follows:

Schmeichel - 6 Didn't do anything particularly wrong
Peltier - 5 performed fairly well defensively, but has nothing going forward
Bamba 4 - not one of his best, to be honest. Missed tackles, out of position, misplaced passes
St Ledger - 2 I was horrified when we signed him, and he has lived up perfectly to my expectations. Dreadful distribution, headless chicken defending, and his mistake for the second was simply pitiful in the extreme. Should not be anywhere near the first team
Konchesky - 4 constantly gave the ball away, overhit 'passes' and generally did feck all
Dyer - 3 played too deep, too wide, too clueless
Gallagher - 1 Oh my goodness he was SHITE. Couldn't find his own player with a three yard pass. Pathetic
Wellens - 4 anonymous throughout the first half, slightly better second. V. poor
Fernandes - 3 Very poor headless chicken display. Conceded a stupid free kick for their first goal, and provided little much else
King - 1 Pointless. Utterly, utterly pointless

Absolutely spot on.

We cant blame the players for this ,,to many changes, they are totally lost in this system of play ,i dont think they want to play for sven ,i think he had better watch his arse ,ill give him another 4 games then hes gone.

We cant blame the players for this ,,to many changes, they are totally lost in this system of play ,i dont think they want to play for sven ,i think he had better watch his arse ,ill give him another 4 games then hes gone.

Is this guy for real?

Will everybody just please calm down!! We are a new team (in regards to players) can't we just let them settle and see what happens.
If in ten games time we are still playing badly then moan,but for now sit back,relax,and hopefully watch us improve game by game.
And FFS get behind the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670