Post Match Leicester 1 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upwards and onwards - I doubt Mr.P had this down for points so nothing lost and a bagful of winnable matches to come.

Gutted that Huth and King got knocks, hopefully they'll be back by the Southampton game at least.

The atmosphere in the first half was lovely, batshit when Albrighton scored.

The optimist in me says we were just saving ourselves for Newcastle but most of the players looked completely jiggered by the end. Chelsea just had extra gears and they completely ground us down. It's frustrating to concede from a corner but you have to accept that the concentration levels required in a game like that must be mind boggling.

Memorable for Albrighton's goal, certainly.

Ulloa poor
Drinkwater poor
James simply awful
Konchesky an absolute feckin' useless, cock end of a waste of space absolute shitting hopeless shitearse tossing wank flannel bastard

Vardy and De Laet outstanding.

We were always going to lose this game, and playing the full team again was a mistake, in my opinion - particularly with Newcastle coming up so quickly. Big error

But Predictor said loss, and we lost
And Predictor says we're staying up, so we're staying up

Ulloa poor
Drinkwater poor
James simply awful
Konchesky an absolute feckin' useless, cock end of a waste of space absolute shitting hopeless shitearse tossing wank flannel bastard

Vardy and De Laet outstanding.

We were always going to lose this game, and playing the full team again was a mistake, in my opinion - particularly with Newcastle coming up so quickly. Big error

But Predictor said loss, and we lost
And Predictor says we're staying up, so we're staying up

How did Konchesky do?

Sorry Homer, Drinkwater was so much better than poor and deserves more credit.

His ball to set the move for the goal in motion was excellent, as well as his general work rate

Drinkwater has been poor and offered nothing in the last two games.

How did Konchesky do?

Not having seen the match or heard or read any commentary, my guess would be any or all of the following:

Being out of position most of the time.
Failure to stop their right wing from skinning him most of the time.
Failure to make important tackles.
Failure to clear the ball to safety from within 20 yards of our own goal.
Failure to listen to any advice or instructions given to him by Pearson, Schmeichel or Cambiasso.

Not having seen the match or heard or read any commentary, my guess would be any or all of the following:

Being out of position most of the time.
Failure to stop their right wing from skinning him most of the time.
Failure to make important tackles.
Failure to clear the ball to safety from within 20 yards of our own goal.
Failure to listen to any advice or instructions given to him by Pearson, Schmeichel or Cambiasso.

Commentary team suggested that they were surprised that nobody was doubling-up with him and that he was being left to do too much on his own.

Not unexpected to lose to the champions, but terrible defending for all 3 goals, mainly morgan and konchesky. Defence is a shambles without Huth, I hope he's back Saturday. It was 1-1 when Vardy went off, we loose momentum without him. Drinky made some good passes but looks half a yard short in the prem

Commentary team suggested that they were surprised that nobody was doubling-up with him and that he was being left to do too much on his own.

Whilst not denying Konchesky was poor, this was what I was thinking throughout the 2nd half.

Have to admit, Pearson's latest post-match rant is an odd one... "Are you an ostrich?"

[video]https://youtu.be/sdRO3l_UCZM[/video]

Whilst not denying Konchesky was poor, this was what I was thinking throughout the 2nd half.

Cambiasso spent quite a lot of the time there for at least the last 20 mins or so - I thought we'd actually shifted to a bit of a 4-4-2 with Cambiasso doubling up on the left and RDL shifting to right back.

De Laet did really well when he came on (except, possibly, for the goal...). Made a lot of good tackles and blocks. Still scares me every time but he did well.

Konchesky's just not good is he?

Drinkwater was fairly anonymous, but not bad or good really.

Vardy ran his bollocks off and did a very good job.

I thought Ulloa was poor, but he won a lot in the air and was a good out ball - not an easy job against Terry/Cahill/Ivanovic.

Shame to lose, especially after going ahead, but I think that just angered Chelsea and woke them up! No shame in tonight's result or performance.... just hope the injuries don't cause problems. Any word on Huth?

Surely anyone on our books can play left back or left wing back better than Konchesky?! He was woeful and the only tackle he actually put in was a yellow card. If Schlupp isn't fit for Newcastle, we surely have to look at putting Mahrez there.

Albrighton was excellent again...also did very well defensively.

Surely anyone on our books can play left back or left wing back better than Konchesky?! He was woeful and the only tackle he actually put in was a yellow card. If Schlupp isn't fit for Newcastle, we surely have to look at putting Mahrez there.

Albrighton was excellent again...also did very well defensively.

Mahrez. Left back? Have a word with yourself. What a waste of an attacking midfielder that will rip the Newcastle defence apart.

We would be better off putting Ben Hamer in for Konchesky. At least he looks scary. Not as scary as Big Was mind.

My thoughts are the following but I didnt see the first half.

We will miss huth if he doesnt recover.
I think drinkwater isnt good enough, its just my opinion.
Scoring like we did in the first half probably lost us the game, probably would have been better holding at 0-0 till 80th min or so and then getting a late winner or draw.
Vardy is also key for us, hope he is fit also.

My guess is we need 4-5 more points at least from our games left.

The two early substitutions in the 1st half, played a massive part for me, I am sure had we not lost both Huth and King to injury, we would have been able to freshen things up in the 2nd half and had more options and opportunity to adjust tactically.

I honestly think that Nigel daren't make a tactical change because he knew he had to protect Vardy or Cambiasso ready for Saturday.

I thought every one of the players were immense in terms of work rate, effort and commitment, the cold hard fact is that Chelsea's quality shone through in the 2nd half, we were far from disgraced or embarrassed.

As for Konchesky it is clear he is no longer capable of performing at the very highest level against world class players week in week out, however what I will say is he never fails to give 110% for the cause. However really do hope Schlupp is back at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566