Post Match Leicester 1 Copenhagen 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back. Great stuff. 3 wins in 3, no goals conceded and on the verge of reaching the knockout rounds of the Champions League! How the feck can people be negative about this?!? We should be celebrating!

First half was cagey, felt like both teams trying to suss each other out. We were trying to play too many long balls and it wasn't working so we're giving the ball away too much. But the closing down, pressing and intent was all there, things just weren't coming off

Second half was much better and a much better game. Changed our game plan and it worked for us. I thought Slimani, King and Drinky all played very well.

I think Vardy did much better than he has been. He wasn't getting joy in behind so he worked the channels more to try and feed other players, especially Slimani - which is what gave us our goal!

Albrighton was a weird one for me tonight... Got a lot of the ball, heavily involved and always looking to do more... But his passing and delivery were poor tonight.

Of course absolutely amazing save by Kasper at the death to make sure we got the win! Truly incredible stop.

Can anyone tell me if Slimani's disallowed goal was actually offside or not? Didn't look it and not seen it again yet.

Oh, and after waiting 30 years of my life to see Leicester win in person, I've seen 2 wins in a row! Dilly ding dilly dong!

The Slimani offside was very marginal. On the replay he was just about onside but the linesman just has one look, in real time, I can see why it was called.

It was clearly onside, should've been allowed.

Slimani was in line with the last defender. What probably swung it was probably his swinging arm, in real time, it would have been difficult for the linesman to tell.

Oh, and after waiting 30 years of my life to see Leicester win in person, I've seen 2 wins in a row! Dilly ding dilly dong!

I went a period of time watching Leicester occasionally (Handful of times each year) and it was draw, loss, draw, loss. I think it took me the league one season to finally cure me of my curse. Glad it took the Champs League for you.

I won't add anything about the game itself except to say I disagree with the criticism of Albrighton. I think he really put in a shift last night.

For me a truly magical moment was those red flares going off in the Copenhagen end. Really got the flesh tingling in anticipation of what was to come and made this night so different from an evening league game.

However, it is a disgrace that they were able to be smuggled in and I see already that there is speculation that we may face UEFA sanctions for it. There were enough checks outside the turnstiles so what on earth were the stewards doing? I'm an old fart who brings a flask and I got frisked and patted down so what happened with all of the testosterone and alcohol fuelled Danes at the away turnstiles?

However, it is a disgrace that they were able to be smuggled in and I see already that there is speculation that we may face UEFA sanctions for it. There were enough checks outside the turnstiles so what on earth were the stewards doing? I'm an old fart who brings a flask and I got frisked and patted down so what happened with all of the testosterone and alcohol fuelled Danes at the away turnstiles?

Yup. We were searched including my ma, obviously didn't bother with the Danes though. Agree with your view on Albrighton too. Put a shift in and did everything well other than the final ball. Similar to Drinky and everyone else who seemed to struggle to. I put that and Slimani's inability to stand up down to the weather plus watering the pitch.

I won't add anything about the game itself except to say I disagree with the criticism of Albrighton. I think he really put in a shift last night.

It is possible to put a shift in and be totally guff. Which is how I would describe Albrighton's performance last night.

For me a truly magical moment was those red flares going off in the Copenhagen end. Really got the flesh tingling in anticipation of what was to come and made this night so different from an evening league game.

I imagine there will be a stewards enquiry

I haven't seen that many flares since my last night out at the Palais

First half was woeful. So many long balls, we may as well have played 5-0-5.

Second half we did much better (even though we didn't score), as we discovered we actually had a midfield.

Albrighton and Fuchs (yet again) were poor. Great performance from Simpson again - for me he is the only player alongside Drinkwater to be playing at the same level as last season.

Demarai Gray needs to come in for Albrighton against Palace.

I see a few people complaining about Albrighton and whilst I agree his crossing could be better this season I disagree about him being dropped. He has had the workrate in EVERY match that all the others have been missing. I've been amazed at his defensive work and cover - without him we would have been more embarrassed than we have been this season. He seems to be the Okazaki of this season. Working hard within his obvious limits and underrated by too many.

Albrighton could easily have been my motm yesterday and nearly was.

Love the "new optimists" in this thread who suddenly have ripped people for negativisim in the match thread.

The first half we were terrible and deserved a little moaning. second half we actually started to work hard as a team, and pass the ball instead of lumping it. we didn't score but we actually looked the better team.

With regards the Slimani "goal" seemed onside on all the shots I saw.

I watched both the BEin transmission and the ESPN transmission - just in case either had a problem. The difference in views from the commentators was amazing. e.g. One side swore that Simpson should have been off for the follow through whilst the other said not even a foul as a follow through is always inevitable; one side tore into our "long ball" game whilst the other was fairly complimentary.

I didn't get to Leicester until 7.30, was the rain constant in the lead up to the game? I found the first half frustrating but I wasn't pissed at our players as I assumed most of it was down to conditions. Drinkwater struggled to pass accurately to a player 2 yards away more than once which I thought summed up the first half.

I didn't get to Leicester until 7.30, was the rain constant in the lead up to the game? I found the first half frustrating but I wasn't pissed at our players as I assumed most of it was down to conditions. Drinkwater struggled to pass accurately to a player 2 yards away more than once which I thought summed up the first half.
It rained on and off all day, the pitch did look very slippy. Slimani fell over an awful lot and there was a classic Shinji 'toddler' fall straight after he came on.

Difficult to evaluate the performance from last night as the game was so different in the first half compared to the second but overall a win and no goals allowed means I'm feeling fairly generous.

Kasper - 8 - Can't remember that he did anything wrong. Was called upon to do too much but did make that important and tremendous save.

Simpson - 7 - was pulled out of position a little too much and was not defensively well positioned on occasion but his best game for a while
Morgan - 7 - looked in trouble with the early challenge but it seemed to focus his mind. good game
Huth - 7 - solid as always, yeah he's always a whisper away from a yellow but you know if he thinks it's required he'll do it.
Fuchs - 6.5 - seemed a little lost positionally at times in the first half but part of a clean sheet.

Albrighton - 7.5 - Worked like a hero. Never gave up on his defensive task helping both FBs out on many occasions and still made the effort to press on their defenders
Drinkwater - 8 - He is a top class player. Always available to help out his teammates and made some crucial interceptions. His decision making is getting better and better. CAPTAIN MATERIAL.
King - 7.5 - His best game for longer than I can remember. Looked good helping out the defence and he got up in attack - maybe not used enough there.
Mahrez - 7 - The game bypassed him until the 40th minute but he put the ball away well and then started to get touches in the second. The tactical plan worked against him in the first.

Slimani - 7 - Worked hard but didn't quite seem to be on his game - I'm surprised that his teammates haven't worked out how best to use him - seems obvious to me. I always think he'll score with his head from a FK or cross, he anticipates so much better than the defenders, should have had his goal allowed. Died in the last few minutes and should have been off 5 or 10 mins earlier

Vardy - 6 - His best effort for a long time. Was charging down defenders and keeper instead of waving his arms in the air has he has recently. Good workrate but his first touch has completely deserted him. I'd guarantee him scoring in an empty net at the moment let alone in a 1 on 1 or 1 on 2.

Okazaki, Ulloa, Amartey, all came on and husteled out the win but not on long enough to mark.

CR - 5.5 - not his best outing tactically. The surprising inclusion of King over Amartey was a winner but the first half tactics were terrible. Changed things in the second and we looked good. Seems to not want to tinker when he should (hello Vardy). Surprised that Gray wasn't even on the bench.

I'm an old fart who brings a flask and I got frisked and patted down

We were searched including my ma

No steward came within 3 yards of me. I saw no searches either outside or inside the stadium at the north end of the west stand.

[Cue responses about the difficulty in hiding anything in a pair of shorts]

To think that we have more points from 3 champion's league games than we do from 8 prem games is a little embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669