Post Match Leicester 1 Copenhagen 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me something....

Why has Vardy turned into a complete and utter waste of space?

Completely different player this season, so sad to watch.
Come off it Lako. Vardy had a good game last night. Ran a lot in the channels and found himself in a lot of crossing positions. He could do with improving his crossing but he put the cross in for the goal.

Come off it Lako. Vardy had a good game last night. Ran a lot in the channels and found himself in a lot of crossing positions. He could do with improving his crossing but he put the cross in for the goal.
I agree. I thought he had a decent game last night.

I thought Vardy was probably our best player yesterday. Disappointed in Albrighton again. King had a good game but I had to laugh at a post I read on facebook "anyone else think King can do the Kante role?"... give me a feckin' break mate! For me the defending was better last night but still a bit shaky.

The level of performance in general has been well under last season, so no surprise to see our Premier League form floundering. Last night's second half showing shows that it's still in them to play well but it quite annoys me that some people on here were quite happy that we were absolute shite again in the first half. Maybe the HT score line clouded their judgement!

Reactions: FIF
Copenhagen's star midfielder wasn't good enough for Wigan yet his side comfortably out-played us for most of the game last night. They were strong and mobile, whilst we were attempting some kind of homage to John Beck's Cambridge.

I can only assume that we are low on confidence as the playing style cannot possibly be intentional. Somehow, we won with a well worked goal and resolute defending.

Simpson was the only defender that didn't try to launch it every time and he defended very well. Mahrez showed flashes of his superb talent. Vardy ran about much more but still seems like that bloke that earns a living pretending to be him. Schmeichel made a terrific save. Apart from that, meh. Fuchs and Albrighton were hopeless.

Officially, the attendance was 31,037 but, if I'm being generous, there were 4,000 empty seats. The atmosphere was also muted. Nothing like a league game or maybe it's the poor league results starting to undermine the fans enthusiasm. Either way, we'll face a much sterner opposition on Saturday. Let's hope that our players turn up.

Maybe we should pretend we're playing 'Palacio de Cristal' instead?

Copenhagen's star midfielder wasn't good enough for Wigan yet his side comfortably out-played us for most of the game last night. They were strong and mobile, whilst we were attempting some kind of homage to John Beck's Cambridge.

I can only assume that we are low on confidence as the playing style cannot possibly be intentional. Somehow, we won with a well worked goal and resolute defending.

Simpson was the only defender that didn't try to launch it every time and he defended very well. Mahrez showed flashes of his superb talent. Vardy ran about much more but still seems like that bloke that earns a living pretending to be him. Schmeichel made a terrific save. Apart from that, meh. Fuchs and Albrighton were hopeless.

Officially, the attendance was 31,037 but, if I'm being generous, there were 4,000 empty seats. The atmosphere was also muted. Nothing like a league game or maybe it's the poor league results starting to undermine the fans enthusiasm. Either way, we'll face a much sterner opposition on Saturday. Let's hope that our players turn up.

With Cristiano Bentéké and Giuseppe Ledleyo

They were strong and mobile, whilst we were attempting some kind of homage to John Beck's Cambridge.

I can only assume that we are low on confidence as the playing style cannot possibly be intentional.

It was intentional. In his post match Radio Leicester interview he said he told the players to bypass their midfield by knocking the ball over them. He did not want us to have any possession of the ball because if we lost it they would be very dangerous on the break. At half-time he told them to use more width.

I'm amazed that people think that was a good performance by Jamie Vardy standards.

He made a run of worth maybe once every 20 minutes and spent most of the game being easily marked and rarely dragging defenders anywhere.

Perfect example towards the end where Mahrez had the ball and had to take it central himself as Vardy just stood there, he should have ran across goal and dragged the defender, last season he would have done so every time.

If that's classed as decent then he won't be breaking double figures this season.

You being negative? Who would have expected that?

It was intentional. In his post match Radio Leicester interview he said he told the players to bypass their midfield by knocking the ball over them. He did not want us to have any possession of the ball because if we lost it they would be very dangerous on the break. At half-time he told them to use more width.
Yeah but Ranieri also said Mendy is injured. Wake up sheeple! Brown Nose knows the score!

I'm amazed that people think that was a good performance by Jamie Vardy standards.

He made a run of worth maybe once every 20 minutes and spent most of the game being easily marked and rarely dragging defenders anywhere.

Perfect example towards the end where Mahrez had the ball and had to take it central himself as Vardy just stood there, he should have ran across goal and dragged the defender, last season he would have done so every time.

If that's classed as decent then he won't be breaking double figures this season.
I didn't say it was good. I said I thought it was "decent". Not over the top, but certainly not slating him.

It was a good performance by Jamie Vardy 16/17 standards. It wasn't particularly great by Jamie Vardy 15/16 standards.

Albrighton could easily have been my motm yesterday and nearly was.

I think I must have been watching a different game to you. I thought it was the worst he has played since he's been at the club.

Nothing like a victory to bring everybody together. This is just like that time we won the Prem.

There seems to ne a lot of negativity. I watched a game in which Copenhagen played some beautiful football and there were times when Leicester's defence performed heroics - especially Morgan who seemed to have picked up an injury. In the second half I thought we were the better team. We were unlucky not to win 2-0. Watching it like the linesman without the benefit of cameras I thought Slimani was onside.

As for flares the stewards searched my bag efficiently but were rather dull. At Milan airport a couple of years ago I was patted down by a quite delicious policewoman. It would improve my match day experience if that would happen here. . One day I intend to go back to Milan.

When a day starts with a mild Italian policewoman fantasy adding to the frisson of seeing our team topping its CL group, then truly La Vita e Bella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669