Leicester 1 Coventry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably 'Mongie Attack' means some people don't think we played very well and others among you refuse to accept it.

We were rubbish today, we've been rubbish for three games and something fundamental will have to be altered if we're to outwit those sides who, right now, seem to know exactly what to expect from Leicester.

This would never have happened under Mar....

I think we played well. :102: Created plenty of chances and the defence was solid for most of the game (bar 10/15 minute spell in the first half). Just didn't take our chances, and suffered from a mistake (in my view) from our keeper.

...everyone except Graz.

Re: City 1 Cov 1

Syd, mate, I know better than to engage in a debate with you...but needless to say I have a bit more faith than you do in this team.

I hope you're right, truly. I'm moaning right now but, you know, it's a local derby and all that, things go wrong. I don't want anyone to think I'm willing the worst case scenario - I always thought Craig Levein was alright and I know how much it hurts to be wrong. But, on sober reflection, I think this team isn't good enough to play the sort of football it wants to play, or at least not yet.

Someone on the phone in says realistically we'll be lucky to finish top half!

Why am I listening to this?

That's obviously ridiculous, but I still can't accept any positives from that performance. Okay, I grant you Naughton, but they looked otherwise clueless to me.

Still, it could be a good thing if they learn from it - think Sheff U home 96, Leeds away 97, Ipswich away 02 - a thoroughly useless performance can be a springboard.

Re: City 1 Cov 1

I hope you're right, truly. I'm moaning right now but, you know, it's a local derby and all that, things go wrong. I don't want anyone to think I'm willing the worst case scenario - I always thought Craig Levein was alright and I know how much it hurts to be wrong. But, on sober reflection, I think this team isn't good enough to play the sort of football it wants to play, or at least not yet.

Fair enough.

I think we played well. :102: Created plenty of chances and the defence was solid for most of the game (bar 10/15 minute spell in the first half). Just didn't take our chances, and suffered from a mistake (in my view) from our keeper.

I agree.

Bruma and Bamba looked solid.

Naughton's attacked with purpose down the flank.

Wellens put in a solid performance.

Vassell got the beating of their full back a number of times, especially in the first half.

Last edited:
This is now our longest home unbeaten run for 54 years.

Stringer asking if our players have enough spirit to go to QPR and get a result. Sven says if one more of our chances today had been a goal, he wouldn't be asking that question. Very true.

Perspective.

Ricardo doesn't bring any confidence to the defence. Saw the game live on TV4 Sport live over here and at corners and free kicks no one is listening to him. Svennis hopefully will recognise this and sort it out. I'm not managing the team but if I was I'd have Weale back for the next game.

This is now our longest home unbeaten run for 54 years.

Stringer asking if our players have enough spirit to go to QPR and get a result. Sven says if one more of our chances today had been a goal, he wouldn't be asking that question. Very true.

Perspective.

I'm getting sick of agreeing with you! :038:

Reminded me of us before the New Year. Physically outbattled and a lack of a leader. When we rise above, we're really good (within ten minutes, we should have been three up).
Another change to the back four led to various ****-up's. The goal was equally as much Van Aanholt's fault for a pathetic attempt at a tackle and Bruma who left King a free reign in the six yard box.

Second half, we had little urgency or desire and were flat.

We're lacking a bit of bottle ATM.

I thought the selection today was harsh on Mee to be honest, but Bruma seemed fine. Out of curiosity what would my fellow amateur managers do to tweak the side? I'm not that convinced by Van Aanholt myself, his marking is very suspect, wouldn't mind giving Berner a chance, if only for a bit of grit. Possibly consider a 4-4-2 just to surprise QPR, perhaps with Waghorn up there, interchanging with Gallagher. And I'd probably concur with the Weale advocates too, Ricardo may well be a fantastic keeper but he doesn't inspire too much confidence.

Yeah, get Bruno in for Van Aanholt. Although Van Aanholt is pacey, headless chicken springs to mind and today his final product was woeful - in fact, it was toss. Row Z hasn't seen that much action since Homer sat their in nowt but a thong.

it does feel like 2 points dropped because I was so convinced we would win.

I am not confident with Ricardo in goal and I thought the reaction of the rest of the team when he kicked the ball the whole lenght of the pitch to their goalie was telling

I still like Bamba

At least I am not so frozen today.

An absolute crock of shite today. I got up at 5am to watch our players piss about and think 3 points were in the bag. *****.

Van Aanholt is just style over substance. He doesn't really defend enough for a full-back, but then a lot of his crosses weren't very good either. All he does is just run really fast down the left flank which makes him look better than he is. Having said that, the team in general was a bit substandard today. The amount of chances we squandered was just painful. Still, Naughton was fantastic! So was Wellens.

I dont know what sven is doing.

why is he changing the back 4 so much, and ricardo another poor performance.

go back to the back 4 before the derby game and weale and keep that for the rest of the season.

he unsettled a winning side with too many changes and the momentum is lost.

I dont know what sven is doing.

why is he changing the back 4 so much, and ricardo another poor performance.

go back to the back 4 before the derby game and weale and keep that for the rest of the season.

he unsettled a winning side with too many changes and the momentum is lost.

I can only think that the conditions of the loan deals for the four borrowed defenders stipulate regular first team appearances. The merry-go-round today ended up with Sol proving that just like Hobbsy, he doesn't do left sided centre half.

I didn't get over-excited during our winning run, and I won't be hand-wringing over this performance either. Yuki looks the sensible choice in midfield, Kingy still disappearing for long periods. Naughton MOM by a distance, wonder if his goals will be crucial in the shake out.

I agree with Chrysalis. I could not understand why Mee who has been MOTM and put in some sterling performances gets dropped just when we need a good tackler to put King into touch. Instead King gets all the room he needs to score the opening goal.

Sven is tinkering too much lately for my liking. He tried a defender in midfield and that didn't work (perhaps Sven should have been told of that Harry Worley performance). And then plays too similar type defenders -who both like going forward and can do so well- trouble is when they get caught out better players than Cov, and lets face it they are $hit, will take advantage and we could lose goals in such a way.

That "young Dutch full back" flatters to deceive and as mentioned by Joe -Row Z had more action than normal thanks to his shots.Add this to his disgracefull treatment of the fans I heard of at the signing session and I would not be sorry to see Bruno come back in!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670